X52pro - need PCB board from stick

Hi,

I friend of mine cheaply bough X52pro in perfect condition, apart form one small error: it does not register movement of flightstick when pushed forward, meaning only front half of pitch control. It does register when stick pullet toward yourself, and full left-right movement.

(this resulted in X52 ending at my place)

After opening up, switching roll and pitch sensors and their connectors, we came to conclusion that the pitch sensor is OK, but there is an error of some kind on PCB itself.

So, if anybody of you has spare and broken X52pro, with working PCB from stick (not throttle), I would be very grateful if you could contact me.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Renato71

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

I have a regular X52, but have never had reason to open it up so I am kinda shooting blind here.

If you have access to a simple microscope (even the one liek comes in a kid's biology kit) or a really good magnifying glass, then check for cracked solder joints on the circuit board. There may be a single pin on a device that is not making contact.

Also, some fluid of some type could have gotten into the housing. Clean the board off using 91% Isopropyl Aclohol.

I'm an electronics tech and those two are the first things I'd look at on an electro-mechanical piece of equipment.

If you have a multimeter handy, check any diodes. Littel surface mount 1N4148's have a tendancy to give up the ghost without warning.

Thanks for replies :)

Well, I tried wiggling, bending, kicking, pulling and such. Components are extremely small (SMD), and IC is covered over with resin blob or something. About only thing that is accessible with soldering iron is connector, but I seriously doubt that will solve anything. I will try to desolder, but it is very tiny area, and lately I'm too tired for such a precise work.

(i'll try to post a pic in a day or two....)

Contact via PM.

Salute!

I have only 1 question ... did you test the magnets? :)

If you already changed the sensors, and the problem is the same, it is possible than the forward magnet defected, or simply missing ... or something ...

When I modded the my X52 Pro (Precision mod with the magnets ...), first I made a mistake, and faced with the same problem :)

After that I just reallocate the magnets, and my joy is worked perfectly :)

Br,

Dummy

Edited by DummyBoy

@DummyBoy,

do you have a document on the magnet mod of x52pro?

i m a bit curious as i haven t heard of it before!)

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Salute!

I have only 1 question ... did you test the magnets? :)

Hi,

No, mags are OK. First thing that came to my mind as well. I've removed pitch sensor and placed roll instead of it, still plugged into roll connector, and it worked fine. Then I plugged pitch sensor into roll connector and it worked fine in both roll and pitch positions. So, it has to be related to pitch wiring on PCB. Either cold solder somewhere, broken soldering point, broken PCB line, or defective IC.

I still had no time (read: concentration) to thumble with connector resoldering, which is about the only thing for which I have a tool to fix it.

I was thinking about removing both axis from the stick and installing two pots and wiring/IC's from another stick. Or even better, installing this stick onto base from another stick (simpler to relocate stick and to install pots), perhaps in an extended form. Something like sticking this the stick on top of another stick (hehhehe, that sounds cartoonish). Then run wires from X52 stick back into its original base, so I could have some use of those three togglers.

Pitty there is no FF - I could try to install a rod between working roll axis and monitor, for better immersion, hehehehhhehe :D

Well, if no PCB, can someone recommend cheap stick with good pots?

Contact via PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if no PCB, can someone recommend cheap stick with good pots?

For playing or spare parts?

If for playing then unbeatable Saitek AV8R. After a year of yanking it I tested it in Joytester2. Just wow. Practically no pot noise and I solved the calibration problem by removing some info from the registry. I recommend you lubricate the "swashplate" and the shaft as soon as you got it.

For playing or spare parts?

Spare parts only. I got me cheapo Logitech Attack 3 few days ago, pots look OK, but had no time to tinker with it. Still, rather have new PCB - now I have to work on it :D

Contact via PM.

Thanks for caring, but has nothing to do with X52pro or my problem :(

X52pro has no pots for stick X and Y axis, but a magnetos. And, they are not the problem, nor is the sensor, but a PCB. It does not register one axis, and I've decided it would be far simpler to relocate X52 stick from its base to another one, like in mock-up pic that I've posted here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52504

And I have to do it urgently, cos my old Saitek Evo is nearing the end of its life, X/Y axis pots are developing more and more jitter and few buttons are not working properly any more...

The best stick I ever had :(

Contact via PM.

As today I got X52 Pro I'm getting rid of my 1 yr old AV8R. Before I uninstalled it I recorded its performance in Camtasia. Don't have time to put it on YouTube yet, so there you go

http://rapidshare.com/files/378734979/AV8R_joytester2_camtasia.7z

Install camtasia, pick "Import media" or something and play the material. As I see it the pots are in great condition and there's no wrong curvature problems like in X52 and X52 pro! Ruder twist left probably even better than in the new X52 Pro. Centering mechanism only slightly worse! To put it shortly - those infamous pots the picture I post earlier will spike more than AV8R's as soon as you get home from store :P

Wanna sell that AV8R? :D

I'm not sure what you are saying about curvatures? Could you explain/rephrase that, I just can't figure it out :)

If you wanna say that saiteks pots are fine, I have to agree, but my Evo is VERY old (my wife bought it to me the same month it arrived to shops) and extremely used :)

This supplementary logitech base is almost as new, great condition, and I can replace pots later of if needed.

On the other hand - I cannot replace pots in X/Y for stick on X50pro ;)

Contact via PM.

There's no better way to explain this than ;) Improve your X52 precision with this MOD

I could sell it (it's also re-greased from ground up and has rubber stripe all around the handle). But I'm not going to send it anywhere :P I'll try to find a local client :)

I've describes in first post, and few times since ;)

In X52pro stick, there is an error of some kind on PCB itself. I need that PCB.

Cos noone seems to have it, I've decide to combine X52 stick with a base from another stick.

But, cos I haven't started yet, and it looks like it will take me a while, I'm still looking for X52pro PCB.

I do not need pots of any kind, cos X52pro stick does not use pots for X/Y axis :)

Contact via PM.

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA :megalol: :thumbup:

No, its not complicated, just need few hours of peace - and thats the hardest :(

Contact via PM.