when the 3D 6DOF cockpits for Lock On?

Hi guys! :thumbup:

In a time where every other great sims have already (for a long time) 3D cockpits, with full 6 DOF, it's very very disappointing that this new Flaming Cliffs 2.0 version hasn't implemented them yet, in my opinion !!!

I mean, when is Lock On giving that step?!! Lock On 5.0?!! :doh:

Maybe I'm wrong, but don't you think this is an important aspect to the immersiveness of this simulator and to keep up with time?

Best greetings

Is it possible to sticky common sense to the top

It would not help even if you stickied it on people's foreheads :D

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Painful truth :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, but it is hard to read something that is on your forehead...

At least for me. I also try not to stare too much at other people's foreheads.

And a sticky in that spot would block my third eye...

When?

How about now-ish?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=51693

Hmm... it's a pretty good effort, but still there are 2D elements, don't you agree? So you cannot say it's a full 3D cockpit. Perhaps it's too difficult to do... But I must agree it's better than nothing...

Is it possible to sticky common sense to the top of this board? How about directions on googling information on the developmental history of Lock On?
Well, "googling" shows DCS modules may take a while until they are released. You might wanna "google" yourself and check out since when full 3D cockpits are being used and then you might understand what I meant when I posted this thread. I´ll give you some clues: FS2004, IL-2...

So, if what is shown in your youtube link is the best they can do, then I say again, it's very disappointing. Come on... after all this years in the business?!

I could put you lots of examples here of what is being made nowadays, but I'm sure you already know them and I don't intend to insinuate you don't do your homework, just like you did to me :smilewink:

Well GGTharos, that kind of comment doesn't fit you good as a moderator and as an ED tester. You should keep an open mind in order to improve the products you test for ED. Take in better consideration the opinions of the people who gives you money for your products. And as a moderator, you should try to cultivate a good mood here instead of putting... lets say, at least, not so polite comments.

So guys, please, lets keep a good mood, a nice tone of conversation here, ok?

Best greetings :thumbup:

• Like 1

yes, shame on the OP for asking the question! :thumbup:

Its not so much the question, nor that it has been asked before. Its more of what I like to call the "born yesterday" factor. :P

To quote the OP:

I mean, when is Lock On giving that step?!! Lock On 5.0?!!

How about never? Lock On is old -- seven years old, actually. FC 2.0 is a farewell pat on the butt. We're all very appreciative for that pat, but we understand that this is the final coat of paint on a product that ED has decided has reached the end of its lifecycle.

The "born yesterday" factor, speaking only for myself, is the disbelief that there is a significant number of people out there who are interested in Lock On that are not already eating, drinking, and breathing it. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see a crapload of people buying an ED product, but at the same time I wondering how many of them were maybe very young when it was released and are just now discovering it.

The "common sense" bit is really just as much a jab at myself than anyone else. My suspicion about the age of some posters comes from remembering how I was when I was teenager discovering internet forums about games that I liked.

How to put it...quick to complain, quick to ask questions -- slow to search, slow to research, slow to listen? ;)

One, I don't get money from anyone ... two, it was a joke and it applies to everyone, including me ;)

Common sense? What's that?

Well GGTharos, that kind of comment doesn't fit you good as a moderator and as an ED tester. You should keep an open mind in order to improve the products you test for ED. Take in better consideration the opinions of the people who gives you money for your products. And as a moderator, you should try to cultivate a good mood here instead of putting... lets say, at least, not so polite comments.

So guys, please, lets keep a good mood, a nice tone of conversation here, ok?

Best greetings :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well, "googling" shows DCS modules may take a while until they are released. You might wanna "google" yourself and check out since when full 3D cockpits are being used and then you might understand what I meant when I posted this thread. I´ll give you some clues: FS2004, IL-2...

So, if what is shown in your youtube link is the best they can do, then I say again, it's very disappointing. Come on... after all this years in the business?!

I could put you lots of examples here of what is being made nowadays, but I'm sure you already know them and I don't intend to insinuate you don't do your homework, just like you did to me :smilewink:

The google comment was a joke intended to mean "RTFM". The reasons why Lock On/FC/FC 2.0 does not and will not have 6DOF have not only been covered many times in the past, they've been covered since FC 2.0 was first announced. I was assuming that, seeing as how you have probably purchased FC 2.0, that you had taken the time to read all the documenation.

I also assumed that maybe you had wondered what the hell this Lock On stuff is about and maybe read up on sim prior to buying.

Hint: you bought a seven year old sim at the end of its product lifecycle.

• ED Team

Maybe we should remind you that once Black Shark was announced, all focus was turned to that product. And it was a bumpy road, but we got there, and it didnt turn into an "addon" but a brand new sim series!

So if you havent already, check out DCS Black Shark and the coming "DCS A-10C" and i PROMISE you, you will see where all the work went into "after all these years in the buis".. ;)

redbat, I don't think its the best they can do, its the best they're going to do with the LOMAC series I think. they have the new DCS series with BS being the first installment that they're promoting as a higher fidelity sim. The higher fidelity, full 3D clickable pit is definitely there in BS (I know I've flown it a bit) and I have to assume it'll be there in the A-10 module as well.

Its not so much the question, nor that it has been asked before. Its more of what I like to call the "born yesterday" factor. :P

To quote the OP:

How about never? Lock On is old -- seven years old, actually. FC 2.0 is a farewell pat on the butt. We're all very appreciative for that pat, but we understand that this is the final coat of paint on a product that ED has decided has reached the end of its lifecycle.

The "born yesterday" factor, speaking only for myself, is the disbelief that there is a significant number of people out there who are interested in Lock On that are not already eating, drinking, and breathing it. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see a crapload of people buying an ED product, but at the same time I wondering how many of them were maybe very young when it was released and are just now discovering it.

The "common sense" bit is really just as much a jab at myself than anyone else. My suspicion about the age of some posters comes from remembering how I was when I was teenager discovering internet forums about games that I liked.

How to put it...quick to complain, quick to ask questions -- slow to search, slow to research, slow to listen? ;)

its a reasonable question to ask. if you look at the FC2 product info page it refers to it as a further evolution of the product, it talks about it being in the same world environment and having the same game functionality as BS. so whether or not the pit is actually clickable arises naturally as a question, that's all. not being familiar with LOMAC myself, but ordering it to try out FC2, I watched the videos, read the product info and since I have some experience with BS I thought perhaps they did take it and add a clickable pit. I had the same question, especially after watching the video of the full 6DOF pit enabled with the mod to the config files. you could research it and learn that LOMAC and FC did not have clickable pits, but that doesn't meant they didn't enable that for FC2. of course, as it turns out, no they haven't. if you want that, look to the DCS series.

The google comment was a joke intended to mean "RTFM". The reasons why Lock On/FC/FC 2.0 does not and will not have 6DOF have not only been covered many times in the past, they've been covered since FC 2.0 was first announced. I was assuming that, seeing as how you have probably purchased FC 2.0, that you had taken the time to read all the documenation.

I also assumed that maybe you had wondered what the hell this Lock On stuff is about and maybe read up on sim prior to buying.

Hint: you bought a seven year old sim at the end of its product lifecycle.

Yes, you're right when you say it's an old simulator. I have it since 2004 (I guess), but I only bought the FC version last summer.

The point is, even being an old sim, couldn't it be even more improved? Hence the 3D cockpit subject. As you might know, the Falcon series has been under constant development, for 10 years! Although I know that is possible because the original code of the game was leaked and that gave origin to several different versions. The famous "Falcon Dance". I tried this Falcon sim for some time, since January of last year. My present version is Open Falcon 4.7, yet I'm a real noob with it.

Anyway, my heart follows Lock On mostly because of the planes we can fly there, specially Su-27 family and the MiG-29, and for other reasons that don't matter now.

Of course I can not expect Lock On to be developed the same way as Falcon, although I'd love to. But to ask for a decent 3D cockpit, and I'm not saying a clickable one, is it really so hard? I mean, if Lock On is old, but so FS2004, IL-2!

I was just quite surprised when they announced FC 2.0 and see tha just looks the same, with several modifications as reported of course. At the end the main goal was to make the fusion with Black Shark. But even so you cannot fly the different planes with the two different simulators. They can only coexist in the same online environment. So why don't they develop a new Lock On?

I know DCS has planned different addons or patches like the announced A-10. But it seems they will take a huge amonut of time to release each one of them. I know DCS aims to the military clients, but for me, and surely for many people, it would be nice to improve this planes we fly now in Lock On.

A nice thing would be that the code of Lock On Flaming Cliffs would be released, since it's old and about to die they are not going to get any richer than this now :) Since they are not interested to develop what already exists, I'm sure a lot of talented skillful developers would make wonders with it, as they did for Falcon Series ;)

Cheers :)

Of course I can not expect Lock On to be developed the same way as Falcon, although I'd love to. But to ask for a decent 3D cockpit, and I'm not saying a clickable one, is it really so hard?

Good enough for me - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=32030

A nice thing would be that the code of Lock On Flaming Cliffs would be released......

Can you imagine the Clusterfcuk that will develop with the modelling/coding of everything from Photon Torpedo's to Cloaking Devices to.......I'll stop there.

Never gonna happen, thankfully :)

....since it's old and about to die......

:megalol:

Nice try ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The code is not getting released. EVER. :)

Yes, I hope it doesn't die too. But I meant from a commercial point of view... maybe it is ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look for "Mint green HUD mod and Full 6DOF Cockpit" on lockonfiles.com

No clickable cockpit, but allows much more freedom.

Yes I use this too :D But I wouldn't say it full 6DOF - but it is huge progress compared to LO 1, I agree.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

The code is not getting released. EVER. :)

ED likes to actually make money? WTF!!!

EDIT: To add something constructive, can anyone name one PC game developer out there that actually stands up the the expectations of the random forum goers expect of ED? Most PC games developers release bug-ridden garbage with multimillion dollar budgets and games that are a tenth as complex to develop as FC.

Can you think of one publisher/developer that actually gives a crap out a product seven years that its been out? I can think of one, Blizzard, but that's probably only because WoW has made them all billionaires. They have a budget ED could only dream of.

Edited by RedTiger