FC 2.0 - Ingame MODE WHEEL SWITCH as seen on SAITEK software.

Turco

**** EDIT: THERE IS a NEW and SIMPLE SOLUTION right now...where u can asign EVERY button from the hotas INSIDE FC.**** maybe coming soon with tutorial....

----------------------------------

** OLD SOLUTION *** (still here just to let u know what is all about.)

x-52 and x-52 pro USERS

there is a problem when un try to asign MODE SWITCH WHEEL, in MODIFIERS -ADD SWITCHES PANEL.

u cant asign mode wheel....doesnt matter how much u move the wheel FC doesnt recognize it.

there is a trick around. Cause SAITEK MODES cant work together with FC.

u DELETE saitek MODES and LET FC do the job.

First, open saitek profile editor.

extended panel, and CLICK the "X" where u can DELETE MODE 1. Repeat process and DELETE ALL MODES (2, 3) AND all MODE + pinkie.

modosfc.jpg

once u delete ALL COLUMNS, ( u have a COMPLETE BLANK or DELETED PAGE) , then SAVE PROFILE., with a random name.

NOW, in FC. .....

Go to MODIFIERS button (left corner)

SELECT "ADD" from the modifiers panel, on switches panel.

NOW, MOVE your MODE WHEEL on your hotas.

if all is ok, FC WILL RECOGNIZE your mode wheel button, as SWITCH MODES. (mine on x-52 are btn 24 ; btn 25; btn 26) not the same on x-52 pro.

after this u can CLEAR your saitek profiler, and FC will STILL recognize your mode wheel button so you can BIND controls.

NOTE:

Once FC recognize your mode wheel, from saitek hotas, then it will work.

no matter if u select your button from the key list controls. if FC cant bind the action when u press it. it wont work.

sorry for my english, i tried to make things clear. maybe to long....:)

THX to ECV56-FOXONE (for info about this trick on x-plane) :thumbup:, and ECV56-Tucano

will continue testing with my hotas and if i find any news will come back.

hope this help and let u abandon saitek software and BIND from FC.

GL.:)

Edited by Turco
  • Like 1

ECV56_TURCO

http://www.ecv56condor.com.ar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sorry, last time i must delete post cause it needed some testing, to reproduce the trick in different circunstances.

process is very simple and easy. my post was too long just to CLARIFY and give u step by step.

WORKING.

cheers.:joystick:

Edited by Turco

ECV56_TURCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will try this on x45. Hope it'll work too.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Tested with x45. It works. And keys, that are not changed stayed as Mode 1. Tnx for tip! :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

You dont need to delete ALL columns, thus rendering your profile unusable in the editor. Just leave one column with the "Shift Buttons" row empty (right click on it and deselect all buttons).

This way I can still use SST to assign the mouse commands to the ministick (thus making it usable as a TDC slew control) and assigning a Shift-key to the pink switch (thus making it availabe as a modifier). Actually these are the only things I set in SST, the remainder is all in-game.

yes Sarge, me too, thanks to SFJackBauer tips i was able to SET ALL FROM FC.

im using ministick for TDC inside FC, also PINKIE is set as MODIFIER inside FC.

STT is used with just 1 column, with SWITCH/MODE 1 DESELECTED (JackBauer tip, right click and deselect.), and the mouse wheel instead of BUTTON, i set it to SUPPORT, and then set to TV ZOOM inside FC.

if i have some free time i will try to make a simple tutorial from scratch.

:)

Edited by Turco

ECV56_TURCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

**** EDIT: THERE IS a NEW and SIMPLE SOLUTION right now...where u can asign EVERY button from the hotas INSIDE FC.**** maybe coming soon with tutorial....

----------------------------------

** OLD SOLUTION *** (still here just to let u know what is all about.)

x-52 and x-52 pro USERS

there is a problem when un try to asign MODE SWITCH WHEEL, in MODIFIERS -ADD SWITCHES PANEL.

u cant asign mode wheel....doesnt matter how much u move the wheel FC doesnt recognize it.

there is a trick around. Cause SAITEK MODES cant work together with FC.

u DELETE saitek MODES and LET FC do the job.

First, open saitek profile editor.

extended panel, and CLICK the "X" where u can DELETE MODE 1. Repeat process and DELETE ALL MODES (2, 3) AND all MODE + pinkie.

modosfc.jpg

once u delete ALL COLUMNS, ( u have a COMPLETE BLANK or DELETED PAGE) , then SAVE PROFILE., with a random name.

NOW, in FC. .....

Go to MODIFIERS button (left corner)

SELECT "ADD" from the modifiers panel, on switches panel.

NOW, MOVE your MODE WHEEL on your hotas.

if all is ok, FC WILL RECOGNIZE your mode wheel button, as SWITCH MODES. (mine on x-52 are btn 24 ; btn 25; btn 26) not the same on x-52 pro.

after this u can CLEAR your saitek profiler, and FC will STILL recognize your mode wheel button so you can BIND controls.

NOTE:

Once FC recognize your mode wheel, from saitek hotas, then it will work.

no matter if u select your button from the key list controls. if FC cant bind the action when u press it. it wont work.

sorry for my english, i tried to make things clear. maybe to long....:)

THX to ECV56-FOXONE (for info about this trick on x-plane) :thumbup:, and ECV56-Tucano

will continue testing with my hotas and if i find any news will come back.

hope this help and let u abandon saitek software and BIND from FC.

GL.:)

Are you able to clarify this procedure a little more please. Ill explain whats happening at my end.

I have Saitek X45.

With the profile editor i open a new blank profile and delete all of the columns including the shift columns (pinkie) then save the profile as random name. I then assign the profile and load up FC2.

The mode switch is now recognised in FC2 and i assign the mode button numbers to thier respective switches, but there is a problem. eg In game i switch to mode 2 and yes controls for that mode are working, however, when i switch to mode 1 or 3 the mode 2 controls are still active, i have to switch back to mode 2 then back again to mode 3 to turn mode 2 off (follow me?)

Also now that i have assigned the modes to switches in the control gui, i cannot use my POV hats on my stick, this is because every key command now wants to be assigned under a mode switch. I thought ok i'll add mode switch modifiers to my POV's in the GUI but this causes a conflict in the GUI because you can only assign 1 switch per key command, and i have 3 modes of course. (maybe set the modes as modifiers not switches prehaps?).

Also in the Saitek profiler if have tried saving one column (and various others) instead of deleting them all as mentioned in this thread but i get a blue screen crash when i load the game (anyone else seen this?).

My OS is Vista home premium.

I would like to setup all my profiles in game and lose the STT all together if possible, but i really need the mode switch.

This is getting frustrating, please help.

Cheers

Adder

Edited by Adder667th
spelling

Intel core2 E6600 2.6Ghz, 2Gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce 8800gts 500mb. Saitek X45.

Adder,

NEW process is like this (with some JackBAuer tips) I will make a short tutorial maybe this week.

1-get your saitek profile editor. new profile. delete 5 (five, not six.) columns.

2- on the ONE you have now, RIGHT CLICK, on "MODE 1" (its in BLUE), so, right click, and CHOOSE, "NO BUTTON". Then "THE BLUE MODE 1" button will dissapear from there.

3- now you can use this profile with just 1 column, to make whatever you need in FC to make the controls work.

4- you can change rotarys, ministick, even CLUTCH and assign them to SUPPORT.

5- now every button on your hotas will be detected on FC. (there is another workaround, but like this u can CHANGE saiteks default programming of the buttons.

save the saitek profile and load it. then go to fc.

6- in FC, u must assign the switch mode wheel as a MODIFIER. in both left and right window (add modifier, and add switch)

7- in switch window i added btn 25 (rename it to M1) btn 26 (M2) btn 27 (M3)

8- in modifier window i added btn 25 (rename it to NAV), btn 26 (AIR) btn 27 (ATK)

9- then, set, in controls, NAVIGATION (1) ---> assign, M1 (from the modifier list) + Fire button A. So u will enter navigation mode with your M1 switch, and change ENR, RTN, LANDing, with your FIRE button A.

here i programmed my M1 switch (btn 25) to enter NAVIGATION MODE, and Fire button A to switch between the 3 NAVIGATION MODES.

10- example with M2: my a2a combat mode.

go to BVR command from the list. press ADD, and select M2 (from the modifiers switch list ) and press POV1 UP.

so , u change the MODE , with the switch (M2), and press POV1 UP to enter BVR MODE. u can repeat the same process with Vertical Scan, and use POV1 DOWN for example.

11- with commands that ARE NOT MODES...u SET another way.

12- Example FLAPS ( used both in combat mode and navigation mode)

FLAPS UP: ADD, NAV modifier from the list, then ADD lets say button 4.

repeat process,

FLAPS UP: ADD , AIR modifier from the list, then ADD same button. (4)

in this case u can USE FLAPS, in both, NAVIGATION MODE AND AIR MODE.

the whole FLAPS LINE will be like this:

"""" btn 4 + NAV : btn 4 + AIR """" flaps in both modes. get it?

tip: process ADDING MODIFIERS.

SWITCH wheel must be ADDED in BOTH MODIFIERS. left column with the Ctrl, alt , shift modifiers, AND in the right column too.

give them a name , just to make things easy to select later. fc wont let u use btn25 without a name in both columns.(dont use the same name.) my case, btn 25 is "M1" on the right panel, and "NAV" in the left panel.

having the same button working as TWO MODIFIERS, lets u USE THE SWITCH, and the other one is the one that specify in wich MODE the button asssigned will work.

M1, M2, and M3 are only in the set up list just to programm the 3 switchs.

NAV, AIR, ATK, are used to SET THE COMMAND BUTTON.

i hope u get things clear.......:huh:

GL.

tutorial with screens, maybe next week.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

ECV56_TURCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the walk through Turco.

Just want to confirm one thing. I have to load the single column profile each time for this to work, correct? FC needs the profile to recognize the mode selection switch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thanks for the walk through Turco.

Just want to confirm one thing. I have to load the single column profile each time for this to work, correct? FC needs the profile to recognize the mode selection switch.

If you right-click on the taskbar icon of the X52 joystick, there is a menu that lists all profiles you have. Right-click on the profile, and you can set it the default profile to load every time your computer starts.

Have you ever had this cause conflicts with the keyboard?

For instance, I go into a mission and I can't press Pause/Break to start it. I try RCtrl+Pause/Break and it shows the FPS counter fine. I fiddle with the mode switch wheel whilst pressing Pause/Break, and now it works.

I test the bindings I set with the joystick, and I'm content it's doing what I programmed it to do.

I then hit Esc to end mission.. hmm.. not responding. I fiddle with mode wheel some more, and then Esc works.

- Saitek profile is successfully blanked to a single line with no bindings and all set as No Button (not blue), saved and activated profile.

- All 3 modes are added in FC2 as both a switch and a modifier with different names.

- If I only define switches for mode wheel, then the modes don't work (i.e. don't limit another button to only function within that mode when pressed).

- If I define only modifiers for mode wheel, I get this conflicting behaviour with Pause/Break and others again.

It's a strange interference. Clearing those newly added modifiers returns keyboard back to proper responsiveness again.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Played with them some more. In summary, I'd say the in-game control settings for modifiers add some new twists, but don't behave the same as they do in SST.

The switch for example is a press-to-enable and press-to-disable modifier.

Put another way, let's say you setup 3 switches mode1 to mode3. You launch the game with mode1 selected on hotas.

Turning the wheel to mode2 turns that switch ON, buttons which are now expecting mode2 as a switch modifier will now work.

Turning the wheel to mode1 again turns that switch ON (note it hasn't turned mode2 off), and any buttons which are expecting mode1 as a switch modifier will now work.

Turning the wheel to mode2 now turns it OFF, and any mode2 switch modified buttons cease to work.

The 'always-on' nature of the selected mode wheel setting makes it unsuitable for adding as a regular modifier (like shift/ctrl/etc.), as it invalidates most regular key settings (unless you're prepared to setup every single one to operate when modeX is enabled, including base functions like game pause and game quit).

On the other hand, these capabilities can be useful in giving certain buttons/hats multiple operations under different toggled states.

So I think this should be treated as an additional tool, not really a replacement, if you're after very specific behaviours from button/switch press combinations.

As a side note, I'm using X52 Pro (it registers the modes as JOY_BUTTON28 to JOY_BUTTON30, by the way, but otherwise should be no different).

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Im getting blue screen of death when i load sst profile. The profile is a new blank as described above, with one column only and "no buttons" selected. Has anyone come accross this yet? why would it do this, i have latest drivers from saitek installed and all in game saitek control column an modifiers are clear of inputs.

Intel core2 E6600 2.6Ghz, 2Gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce 8800gts 500mb. Saitek X45.