FC2 crash when cycle trough weapons

HiJack

Hm, can someone make a summary of this?

Does it crash with certain loadouts - only with "custom loadouts"?

Or are you saying that it happens when the TVM for the AGM goes active?

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

There is no crash in windowed mode, so it implies that there is connection with video subsystem (i.e. it is not just weapon switch bug). So TVM display can be good candidate for reason of crash.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Switching from AGM 65 to another weapon causes the game to crash. The same by switching from the LAU61HE to another weapon. But just one weapon typ(all AGM or all LAU) works fine, no crash. There is no difference between the game loadouts or custom loadouts, both crash the game. Different graphic presets(high-low) make no difference.

Switching from full screen to windowed mode works perfect, no crash with different weapon loadouts.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Switching from AGM 65 to another weapon causes the game to crash. The same by switching from the LAU61HE to another weapon. But just one weapon typ(all AGM or all LAU) works fine, no crash. There is no difference between the game loadouts or custom loadouts, both crash the game. Different graphic presets(high-low) make no difference.

Switching from full screen to windowed mode works perfect, no crash with different weapon loadouts.

So you have the TVM active (the AGM TV monitor)? And then you switch to a weapon which is not using TVM?

And then it crashes?

If this is true - then it's not so much related to the TVM. Hm.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

So you have the TVM active (the AGM TV monitor)? And then you switch to a weapon which is not using TVM?

And then it crashes?

If this is true - then it's not so much related to the TVM. Hm.

Yes, i had crashs by the following combinations:

From AGM65 to another weapon(MK84,MK20...).

From LAU61 to AGM OR another weapon(MK84), there was NO AGM65 in this loadout.

What works is a whole loadout with AGM65(different types too) or a whole loadout with LAU61HE. Switching from Navigation mode to A-G mode with AGM65 works fine too.

The strange thing is that disabling Full Screen in the options solves the crash problem.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

But, only when switching using a Saitek X52? because I don't have that stick and my game doesen't crash.

No, it also crashs by using the Keybord. Also remaped the function from "D" to "," but also crashed the game. In windowed mode the problem is gone. This only happens in Full Screen.

edit: It also crashes with no joystick plugged in.

Edited by unknown

Not happening to me in full screen. Used the quickstart A-10 mission.

Try to unplug the joystick, switch off the unload saitek profiler and try just with keyboard.

Edited by Distiler
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Not happening to me in full screen. Used the quickstart A-10 mission.

Try to unplug the joystick, switch off the unload saitek profiler and try just with keyboard.

Already done this but the game keeps crashing. It happens only in the A10 every other aircraft works fine.

Weird. Try switching cockpit resolution to 512 (it just affects shkval or similar panels like the Maverik one, not the whole cockpit).

If that doesen't work, play with antialiasing settings, from no antialiasing to different settings. If you have ati also disable adaptive antialiasing and try.

Also, seems you have problems not just with FC2 but also youtube videos since installing latest Ati videos:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=864131&postcount=13

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Weird. Try switching cockpit resolution to 512 (it just affects shkval or similar panels like the Maverik one, not the whole cockpit).

If that doesen't work, play with antialiasing settings, from no antialiasing to different settings. If you have ati also disable adaptive antialiasing and try.

Already tryed the ingame graphic settings from low to high, cockpit resolution from 256 to 1024 avery frame but nothing seems to help except disabling Full Screen. Antialiasing and adaptive antialiasing are disabled. Thats very weird because i was already playing self made missions with the A10 and everything worked perfectly. Then i made a mission to intercept a convoy of tanks and trucks and i had to switch more often trough the weapons -> crash. Sometimes you can cycle trough your whole weapons for a couple times befor the game crashs and then you klick 3 times the button to get the right weapon for the job and goodby.

I've tested cycling through all weapons dozens of times, no problem (nvidia 9600gt here).

Try previous official non-beta Ati drivers and test again. In any way seems like those 10.3 give you problems with youtube at full screen according to that thread I linked inmy previous post.

I have installed the Catalyst 10.2 and it works very well. 30 seconds of repeated switching trough the weapons and no crash. Then i done a stress test, 40 seconds very fast weapon switching with the keybord and the game crashs.

BUT i think this is a situation that i will not face by playing with the stick so it seems to be solved. Will now play some missions to confirm my first test.

Thank you very much Distiler.

The Catalyst 10.2 doesn't solve the problem to 100% The crash occurs more sporadic, from 10 flown missions it crashs 2 times.

hi guys . my experience so far...

still testing where , why , and wtf!!! :)

have 4 crashes. same kind of crash.

video crash: pink screen with geomethric figures. like rombos...dont know how to explain it.

sound: crash loop.

have to restart pc.

event: 3 crashes on a run with CANNON, close to ground, (maybe between 200 to 500 meters, or less) holding trigger.

1 crash, 30 seconds after gettin out of hangar. taxing to runway. dont remember well, but i think i was CYCLING WAYPOINTS.

in my case, im thinking is something related with cannon. or the TP rounds.:dunno:.

Things to check:

first i have 16x AA running on gtx260. im going to lower that. maybe im stressing the card. next test, im not going to switch any weapon or waypoint, just a flyby near ground.

im on alert on every flight i do, just to spot what im doing when crash.

still waiting to do some relaxing flight......

ECV56_TURCO

http://www.ecv56condor.com.ar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi guys . my experience so far...

still testing where , why , and wtf!!! :)

have 4 crashes. same kind of crash.

video crash: pink screen with geomethric figures. like rombos...dont know how to explain it.

That experience sounds like a bit of a hardware problem. Could be temperature on the GPU or the CPU. Also it could be memory on the GPU or PC.

If I were you I would look for some extra parts to test with those - to see if it pinpoint the problem for me.

• Like 1

thx for advice Panzertard. let me see what can i do.

right now, rivatuner with schedule fan monitoring. AA at 8qx. temps seem to be better. but to be sure, ill be testing all i can.

thx again.

:thumbup:

btw. 8gb ocz reaper. im pretty sure is not a mem prob.

my bets go to GPU temp.

ECV56_TURCO

http://www.ecv56condor.com.ar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

About the x52pro, I have it, and I'm using the SST programmer with all 3 modes and pinkies (Mode 1 & Mode 1+Pinkie = RF fighters; Mode 2 & 2+Pinkie = American Aircraft; Mode 3 & 3+Pinkie = Su25 & Su25T). The only functions I assigned ingame was the rotaries. I also assigned the TDC/Radar Cursor slewing to the POV 2 (from within the game), it accepted the assignments but wouldn't slew, even when I set the POV to 'unprogrammed' on the SST (If anyone can help me with that, I'll appreciate it). So I cleared it from within, and mapped them through the SST. Works like a charm. I even mapped multiple functions to some buttons (press for function 1; press and hold one sec for function 2, hold for 3 sec for function 3, etc eg; for POV 1 right, holding it will toggle air to air 2, 3, 4 in 0.5 second intervals, pressing POV down will select SETKA, but holding POV1 down will first select 'SETKA', unselect it (after about 0.4 sec) and select Air to Ground. Pressing 'fire a' selects the EOS ("o"), but holding it will first select EOS, deselect it (after 0.4 sec) and select the Radar ("i") (after about 1 sec) and so on. And all this works like a charm.

When i cycle trough weapons in the A-10A with the [D] key I get an error with the following message:

ctderrorwhenpressingd.png

It happens on the 3rd key press.

Anyone else got this or a solution? I’m running Windows 7 64 bit.

EDIT: This is the last error message in error.log:

Dispatcher::Can't execute Lua file Scripts/Aircrafts/a-10a/Cockpit/device_init.lua - cannot open Scripts/Aircrafts/a-10a/Cockpit/device_init.lua: No such file or directory

loaded from mission Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/birds.lua

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10A-canopy-glass.tga, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

®

I got that error too in Win 7 64bit and when i change weapons on my G940 about three times sometimes it get longer, crash when changing weapons:joystick:

EDIT, I'll test that Windowed mode too. I have ati 4870x2 with Cat 10.3

EDIT2, no crashing in Windowed mode. Really weird.

What i do is take A-10 quickmission, change air to groundmode, and then changing weapon, crash, sometimes it takes longer but allways crash, tested first A-10 campaing too, same thing

Edited by Kankkis

Same here...intermittant crashes in the A-10 when using the D key to cycle weapons....I don't feel having to run in windowed mode is a viable solution to this problem, the frame rates seem much slower in windowed mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind