Making ModMan 7.1.1.0 work for FC2.0

1. Make backup copies of your FC 2.0 Bazar directory !!!

2. I tried with a second ModMan 7.1.10 installation which I installed in a 'ModMan Fc 2.0' folder (might work with using only one ModMan installation, but I didn't want to shoot that...)

3. In the ModMan FC 2.0 folder, open the modman.ini in an editor.

4. I modified the third game from top to read the entry like this

EDIT:

[game3]

GAME_NAME = FC 2.0

GAME_ID = FC2.0

GAME_REGKEY = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2

GAME_REGKEY_PATH = Path

GAME_EXE = bin\x86\stable\launcher.exe

GAME_EXE_OPTION = -console

GAME_EXE_MP = bin\x86\stable\simulator.exe

GAME_EXE_MP_OPTION = -net gui

GAME_TEXTURETEMP_PATH = Bazar\TempTextures

APP_MISC_FEATURE = MISC_CAT3

APP_CATALOG_EXTENSION = .CDDS

APP_INI_MANAGEMENT = 0

APP_FILE_MANAGEMENT = 1

APP_CFG_MANAGEMENT = 1

APP_ADDON_DB = addon.lma3

APP_ADDON_URL =

APP_CATEGORIE = required\CAT_lockon.txt

NOTE: FC 2.0 obviously does not create a registry key like LO or FC 1.1 did before, there was no key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ , no new key under Ubisoft and none under Eagle Dynamics. But I found a new key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2, that is why it had to put it this way into the modman.ini .

OBSOLETE: 5. Copy all files of YourDrive:\Programme\Lock On FC 2\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable into the main (root) directory of your new FC 2.0 directory, in this case YourDrive:\Programme\Lock On FC 2\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2

NOTE: The reason for this is, that ModMan tries to install a backup folder and the new addon-files (Bazar\...) into the original root directory path (where the launcher.exe is, YourDrive:\Programme\ModMan FC 2.0\addons_FC2.0bin\x86\stable). But the new addon files should be inserted into the YourDrive:\Programme\Lock On FC 2\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Bazar\World\.... path instead !

6. Run ModMan. As third game from top, you will Find FC 2.0 listed in the games menu. It will ask you to guide it to the FC 2.0 ROOT directory. Guide it to YourDrive:\Programme\Lock On FC 2\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\

A new ModMan Registry.ini will be written.

You now should be able to add the Addons to the list (or copy them into the YourDrive:\Programme\ModMan FC 2.0\addons_FC2.0 folder) as usual.

Good luck with testing all the FC 1.1 Addons !

Edited by golfsierra2
  • Like 2

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Skypat will provide a new version fully compatible. He wasn't at home this weekend. :smilewink:

If you add your entry to the end to the list, changing the number, it would be ok without overwritting ini file. Modman can manage any game you want, no limit in the number.

If i remember, if you write no information in the register key, modman ask you the path of installation.

But, using an installation in program file is not the best way if you are using seven/Vista.

May be

?

Yeah those are the correct paths.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

use these settings please for ModMan 7.1

APP_MISC_FEATURE = MISC_CAT3 is very important for skin managing

BTW modman 7.2 will be released this week fully supporting FC2

GAME_NAME = Flaming Cliffs 2.0

GAME_ID = fc2

GAME_REGKEY = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Path

GAME_REGKEY_PATH = Path

GAME_EXE_MP_OPTION = -net gui

GAME_TEXTURETEMP_PATH = Bazar\TempTextures\

APP_MISC_FEATURE = MISC_CAT3

APP_CATALOG_EXTENSION = .CDDS

APP_INI_MANAGEMENT = 0

APP_FILE_MANAGEMENT = 1

APP_CFG_MANAGEMENT = 1

APP_ADDON_DB = addon.lma3

APP_ADDON_URL =

APP_CATEGORIE = required\CAT_lockon.txt

Edited by Skypat

Thanks for your hard work, Skypat

Edited by BrumTx

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Thanks in advance Skypat! Looking forward to using ModMan 7.2 already.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |