this "add-on" is getting out of hand

"I have no use for russain birds"

In which case I agree, FC is probably not for you, and you'll find it expensive. Unfortunately, ED did model russian birds, and ask people to pay for this. The logical answer in this case : don't buy the product, it's built on things you don't like (ie russian birds). You can't decently ask them to lower the price for you because you won't use Su-25T.

Yet there were changes made to the NATO birds as well, and all the changes together, to -evrything-, change how this game plays.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

your whining is getting out of hand too

Its going to cost me $50.01 to get FC now through NP with GROUND shipping.

This is rediculous. If it was a new game fine, but its not. I,m buying a patch.

I have no use for russain birds... so for me it is a patch!

i agree that 50$ is expensive for an addon.

On the other hand, who cares that you have no use for the russian birds ?

None

ED did a very good job modelising a new plane in the add on and adding new feature for the Sus and Migs and lots of other things.

If you dont have the natural abilities to enjoy the quality job realised by ED in FC, thats not their fault. They gave you all the tools to enjoy the sim if you dont want to use them all because you have no interest in them or you dont have enough time, blame yourself not ED.

Anyway, this is not a patch and you know it otherwise you wouldnt be looking for flaming cliffs as you do.

Moreover, you dont need flaming cliffs to play Lock On. If you dont like the content of Flaming Cliffs, dont buy it, no need to cry, the add on was not developped and was not supposed to be released on the western market anyway.

yeah its a tad expensive, but if your a serious simmer and dont blow money constantly in other games and hardware its worth it. I wont fly the Su-25T regulary, yet I find all the other changes to be very handy indeed. Im getting it for those changes not the Su-25.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

first let me explain something...

this post was a little out of frustration due to me buying FC thourgh paypal and not getting the game. NOT ED'S FAULT.

Second, I never said I was not going to buy it, so you people who said "well then dont by it" can go to hell.

Fourth, ;) ... I never said it was "to expensive for me". Im still buying the patch, The only REAL complaint I have is Ground shipping at over $10 is alittle steep. That puts the game at $50.01 for me. I know this is not ED's fault. I am glad there is a CD version for the west.

Fourth again, I am buying the patch for all the niffty little things that were done for the Nato planes.

SIXTH, If ED offically said here is a PATCH, not an add-on, It will cost $35. I would still buy it for support of the sim

best 35$ I spent this year (and I have spent many a 35$ on stupid shit like webhosting, icons or books). I bought it only because of the su25T and AFM and that's what I fly about 95% of the time.

If you're buying it as a patch then it's one expensive patch but what ED is selling is a su25t addon not patch.

Because they're trolling. You know, being hateful just cuz they can. I bet they behave differently when they're not hiding behind a computer. Anyway, I changed my mind. I'll be getting FC. Download version cuz shipping to my country would be more than the game.

AFM for prop sim? Pfff...

Oleg would cry mommy if he and his team have to model an Su25. Seriously.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

first let me explain something...

this post was a little out of frustration due to me buying FC thourgh paypal and not getting the game. NOT ED'S FAULT.

Second, I never said I was not going to buy it, so you people who said "well then dont by it" can go to hell.

Fourth, ;) ... I never said it was "to expensive for me". Im still buying the patch, The only REAL complaint I have is Ground shipping at over $10 is alittle steep. That puts the game at $50.01 for me. I know this is not ED's fault. I am glad there is a CD version for the west.

Fourth again, I am buying the patch for all the niffty little things that were done for the Nato planes.

SIXTH, If ED offically said here is a PATCH, not an add-on, It will cost $35. I would still buy it for support of the sim

You should have had the common sense to withhold posting until you were calm and not at an emotional high. When you or anyone else posts in that type of manner, you are going to get responses in the same. Have you ever heard of the old saying..."If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen?"

You should have had the common sense to withhold posting until you were calm and not at an emotional high. When you or anyone else posts in that type of manner, you are going to get responses in the same. Have you ever heard of the old saying..."If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen?"

why? the people here who replied are the ones who blew this out of proporsion. I was just not ANGRY, frustrated , yes alittle. You mention common sense... read the origonal post with a lite heart, then read the replies.

Jesus christ, Most of you blow shit WAY out of proporsion on these threads.

What I wrote wasnt ED hate mail... just some facts

hey guys,

I was looking at naturalpoint's shipping options...due to THAT SHIPPING I am going to be end up paying around 110 $ for FC. becos it was 39$ for game + 30$ shipping + duty . is there other shipping methods..I can mind waiting.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

best 35$ I spent this year (and I have spent many a 35$ on stupid shit like webhosting, icons or books). I bought it only because of the su25T and AFM and that's what I fly about 95% of the time.

If you're buying it as a patch then it's one expensive patch but what ED is selling is a su25t addon not patch.

Nothing thats my business but heres my philosofy:

I never buy many things throught the year for my PC because I end up realizing I had spent a fortune on futile stuff that I get bored with anyway. Instead I buy 1,2 or 3 at the most in a year, but things that are valuable and usefull, such as the things Im considering right now but will take months to decide:

-Buy a new 19" TFT monitor

-Buy a X52

-Buy A second 160GB hard drive

what I buy may be expensive but will always be susefull and I might even save money compared to otherwise. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Looks like NP added a low cost ($5) shipping to Canada. so n0w it is $45 US or a little over $50 CDN. Still sad that it is going to cost me more for the add on then the full game cost me in stores, if this is the way things are going to go from here on out, that I will be paying a lot more for a lot less I may have to play more first person shooters :)

Good thing I love the SU-25 so I am willing to pay the price. :)

Oh and hell if ED starts doing helo sims, I doubt there is any amount that they could ask that would keep me away ;)

Guest ruggbutt
Could it be from the fact that it's the same sim with 1 more plane?

It adds on a plane to the existing sim. In reality it's not that hard to understand, if you read and can understand what you're reading of course.:D

Looks like NP added a low cost ($5) shipping to Canada. so n0w it is $45 US or a little over $50 CDN. Still sad that it is going to cost me more for the add on then the full game cost me in stores, if this is the way things are going to go from here on out, that I will be paying a lot more for a lot less I may have to play more first person shooters :)

Good thing I love the SU-25 so I am willing to pay the price. :)

Oh and hell if ED starts doing helo sims, I doubt there is any amount that they could ask that would keep me away ;)

Flight sims are getting more expensive - that's just the way things are going.

A very vocal part of the community keeps insisting that if they can get things the way they want, then they WILL pay more . . . . I'd go along with that if I have to.

There's an upper limit, of course - but for me we're not near it yet.

I think 1.1 is borderline between a patch and an addon. It fixes alot of bugs from 1.02 and really ads stuff that should have been there before (patch). However the amount of tweaking is fairly amazing with all the updated FMs and weapons systems (addon). The new su25t is fairly overated, sure its a "new" plane. But its basically just the su25 with an advanced avionics system. But i think its worth giving them $50 to keep the development going for sure. Its just postage sux :P

But its basically just the su25 with an advanced avionics system.

And what do you think probably takes the most time to model correctly in a jet sim?

I have a hard time understanding people when they say that that the SU-25T isn't a new aircraft. The model in the game and cockpit are based on things already built, but they created a brand new flight model and avionics for the jet. The 2 things that take the most time to make.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

personally, i would pay anything up to $100aud to keep jet sims alive in general especially if they can continue adding the AFM to all jets and including and F-18 with carrier ops. I have only flow the Su-25t once in the cross wind mission and its just crazzy. I just wish in the campaigns that you had to bring your plane back to the strip in once peace to pass.

Many times ill be on my way to hell when i escape and quit to find i still passed!

The su25t is not a brand new plane in lomac, its more of a semi new plane. Youd be suprised how long it takes to model and skin the plane and the cockpit ;) im not complaining or degrading EDs work on it tho, its very well done.

The su25t is not a brand new plane in lomac, its more of a semi new plane. Youd be suprised how long it takes to model and skin the plane and the cockpit ;) im not complaining or degrading EDs work on it tho, its very well done.

Let's see you model a new FM, wait, a new AFM for the A-10. You can leave all else as-is. So there, no new skin and cockpit work for you.

Then again, if you are THAT good, how about you adding the full Mud Hen capabilities to the F-15? Again, no skin work - don't want to bog you down.

Get a grip man.

A lot of work went into this addon, no matter how you try to fit it, and being a newbie, or here from the start, does not change that fact.

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000