diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FroogleSim interviewed Wags back in early 2015 and he specifically mentioned that an F-16 is now possible given the tech developed for the F/A-18C (specifically the RADAR technology).

I imagine that ED recognizes the value of an F-16 module. ;)

ED also has a lot of irons in the fire between DCSW2, new maps, L-39ZA, F/A-18C, Spitfire, P-47D, Me-262, testing for the 3rd party modules....probably need to give them some time.

-Nick

FroogleSim interviewed Wags back in early 2015 and he specifically mentioned that an F-16 is now possible given the tech developed for the F/A-18C (specifically the RADAR technology).

I imagine that recognize the value of an F-16 module. ;)

-Nick

I was thinking the same thing. Once they have to radar work done for the F-18 it should be much easier to develop the F-16. I'm really surprised the F-16 wasn't one of the first jets we got considering it probably the most popular jet out there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would love to see the A-6 Intruder, or the F-117A Knighthawk.

Probably not very popular and most would consider especially the latter one "boring", but I am very fascinated by the "lone wolf invading deep behind enemy lines" scenario.

• 2 weeks later...
I would love to see the A-6 Intruder, or the F-117A NIGHTHAWK.

Probably not very popular and most would consider especially the latter one "boring", but I am very fascinated by the "lone wolf invading deep behind enemy lines" scenario.

Fixed that for ya...:music_whistling: I mentioned the F-117A a while back. Maybe not as a full DCS module but perhaps as a FC-3 jet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Is there any updates on the F/A-18C? This is my baby and I'm so looking forward to flying her. This is the plane I cut my teeth on as a mechanic. I can't seem to find any updates on here. Or for that matter a forum topic just on the 18 like you see with the third party and other modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there any updates on the F/A-18C? This is my baby and I'm so looking forward to flying her. This is the plane I cut my teeth on as a mechanic. I can't seem to find any updates on here. Or for that matter a forum topic just on the 18 like you see with the third party and other modules.

The semi-official thread is in Chit-chat for now:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=112566

I don't think we've had any more info since the last newsletter though.

• 4 weeks later...
I dont know why people like F-18 so much! Give me a tip!

Besides, Im satisfied with this list, all my favorite US aircraft are in it! Thats really a beautiful list!

Well, it's a very capable 4.5 gen multirole, carrier-based fighter so I can see why it's attractive. But keep in mind the poll may be skewed since the F/A-18E was previously announced as a module (then faded out), but this may have cause people to bandwagon on an already "confirmed" jet.

And simply because F-18 flaps look damn nice.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

DCS F-104 Starfighter

Well, I was discussing the presence of 104 in LOMAC about 10 years ago...

but LOMAC was a sim about Modern Aircraft Combat...

Now the time is ripe to see this LEGEND into DCS.

For several reasons:

1. The aircraft is not active in any armed forces

2. Everything about it's avionics, performace has been declassified

3. The flight manual is available on the net.

3. Lot of old military pilots (and many became civilians) are available to test it

4. A civil/unarmed acrobatic variant is available for study

5. It's the most important adversary of the mig-21 (If you're speaking about coldwar in Europe, the 104 was the only interceptor for decades)

6. You can potentially expand market towards people that have never seen a jet of the own country (Not only Italy, the main user, but also Norway, Denmark, Canada, Germany, Turkey and Others)

Lockheed_F-104S_ASA-M_Starfighter,_Italy_-_Air_Force_JP6990065.jpg

• Like 1

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

While I love the F104 I dont think DCS needs another interceptor.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

While I love the F104 I dont think DCS needs another interceptor.

Oh, I think instead we don't need WWII era aircrafts (IL-2 Sturmovik of ED was a good sim...).

But you agrre with me that a Mig-15 vs F-86F is good in a MP game, not a Mig-21 vs F-15.

Hope in a Mig-21 vs F-104 historical battle:megalol:

• Like 1

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Instant buy for me too.

But Aviodev should finish properly the C-101....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals