Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

I would love to fly the F-14 or the F/A-18. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be amazing! I'm still not bored with the A-10!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-------------------------------------------------

DCS A-10, LOMAC(FC2), Falcon 4.0(BMS)

Intel i7 2600K (OC: 4.8GHz) Liquid Cooled, EVGA GTX 570 HD, 16GB RAM, ASUS P8P67 PRO,SB X-FI Titanium HD

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO SOBEK: I was reading your points, and it is not that I don't see the other side to the argument, I absolutely do, I just think it does more harm then the "keeping informed side", and then as I am reading your points, I noticed three straight thoughts that attacked me personally.

Woah buddy, you showed no reluctance whatsoever to accuse ED of 'being silly' and 'playing games with the community' on several accounts and you are piqued? Really? Well guess what, this door swings both ways. We all reap what we sow.;)

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I would love to fly the F-14 or the F/A-18. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be amazing! I'm still not bored with the A-10!

I have to admit, I'm with Frostiken when it comes to the Hornet, even the Super Hornet fills me with a feeling of 'meh'.

That's not to say I wouldn't greet it with open arms should it be the subject of the next DCS module, I have no doubt it would be a great sim, but as far as aircraft go the Hornet would be at the bottom of my personal wish list.

As for the Tomcat, hmmm, I dunno if how I'd feel about that. Not a big fan of pure Fighters (yeah I know they bodged some bombs on it towards the end). But to be honest I think a jet that old that's no longer in service is very unlikely.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I have to agree with Eddie about the F-14,Although I grew up loving the aircraft,A aircraft that's no longer in active service would put a bit of a damper on the immersion for me.

I do Respectfully disagree about a Hornet or SuperHornet though,A Naval fighter would give us Carrier Ops and open up a whole new expandable side of the sim.

To be Honest I'd be Happy with any U.S. Fighter/Bomber that is current.

Patrick

mini.gif

I would be most pleased if they made the hornet, but only if they made a revolutionary carrier ops simulation that has been made so far. It is a versatile attack fighter giving it endless possibilities in terms of things to do for the player. SEAD, CAP, CAS, strike missions, you name it. And it does not even have to be all carrier based, the F-18 is used as an all-land fighter as well. The swiss are using it, and seeing as how the switz navy is kinda..uh..small? I do not see the problem with it primarily being a carrier based aircraft.

Cheers.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

I do Respectfully disagree about a Hornet or SuperHornet though,A Naval fighter would give us Carrier Ops and open up a whole new expandable side of the sim.

Oh I completely agree regarding carrier ops, it'd more than double the usable area in the Caucuses for a start with the Black Sea coming into the equation.

I have no doubt that the Hornet would make for a good sim, and be under no illusions, I'd be all over it like a fat kid on cake. But people would soon find out the limitations of the Hornet.

DCS:Hornet would be great, DCS:Viper would be fantastic, but DCS:Strike Eagle would redefine epic.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Stated, maybe not. But your posts are written is such a way that they imply that you believe you are entitled to something.

Will you just stop. You stated something directed at me personally, you were wrong (never felt any entitlement, just frustration), and now you will do everything you can to justify it. YOU are blaming me for your inferences; not my fault, dude. We disagree. Game over.

You won.

You are right.

Keep going (with life, not this pointless continuing of insults).

SOBEK: As I said, you had a lot of points I am reading and thinking "Ok", and then you insult me for three straight comments. You are not ED, you are not DCS, but you feel I insult them, so you can insult me. Go back and read it from a neutral point of view, I think you'll see (because for some reason, both of you are seeming to put ideas/concepts into my arguments that are not, nor ever have been, there...so just look at it from a view that doesn't see every statement justified as a "he deserves it" standpoint).

I was frustrated, voiced my frustration, stated my disagreement with the process of how the DCS is handled (a "we will tell you what we want, and when we want, period" hmm, sounds familiar). Now there have been many false statements telling me I refuse to see any point but my own.

Enough.

I want the F/A-18E Super Hornet. I think a 20 month thread is just ridiculous with no information. Some of the stuff this company makes are quality, but there is an "Us first" that permeates throughout, which is only reenforced by this whole situation in this thread. (of course, if it is something legal that restricts them, that would be totally different, and if that is the case, why not say WE CANNOT TELL?)

Seriously, just give the insulting a rest.

Edited by Sunjah

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!

DCS:Hornet would be great, DCS:Viper would be fantastic, but DCS:Strike Eagle would redefine epic.

Agreed, although lately i think i'd take the SuperBug over the Viper. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Though they can not tell us ,at least they can tell us why they can't.

As has been stated many, many, many, many times, because they are not ready to.

When they are, they will. I really don't see the issue.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I have to admit, I'm with Frostiken when it comes to the Hornet, even the Super Hornet fills me with a feeling of 'meh'.

That's not to say I wouldn't greet it with open arms should it be the subject of the next DCS module, I have no doubt it would be a great sim, but as far as aircraft go the Hornet would be at the bottom of my personal wish list.

As for the Tomcat, hmmm, I dunno if how I'd feel about that. Not a big fan of pure Fighters (yeah I know they bodged some bombs on it towards the end). But to be honest I think a jet that old that's no longer in service is very unlikely.

I see your point about the Tomcat and the Hornet is pretty limited when it comes to performance.

To be Honest I'd be Happy with any U.S. Fighter/Bomber that is current.

Agreed!

Basically, I would love something that would add the naval aspect to the game, much like you guys said above, but also is systems compatable with the other flyable aircraft in the game. I really like the idea of multi-layered missions. I messed around with it a little the other day with someone from the 25th, he was in a Ka-50 and I was in the A-10. It would be great to add that layer to the game with system compatibility to really integrate tactical movement of all aircraft involved in the mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K (OC: 4.8GHz) Liquid Cooled, EVGA GTX 570 HD, 16GB RAM, ASUS P8P67 PRO,SB X-FI Titanium HD

i reeeeeaallly hope its the super hornet!

i mean, i give credit where its due and the a-10 is no exception (i purchased it afterall to support them )

but the f18 is a great idea. i mean it did great for janes/ea when release in 1999! and i still play it with mates as its the best f18 sim for immersion.

and i know dcs would own it if they did it.

f16, meh, that ship has sailed...

we have freefalcon and falcon 4, for the falcon buffs...

personally, the tomcat is my fav navy aircraft, but as a single pilot hornet more feasable.

peace

It's better having to wait for something great

than having nothing great to wait for.

f16, meh, that ship has sailed...

we have freefalcon and falcon 4, for the falcon buffs...

Holy cow, don´t say this. The F-16 is not overused just by beeing simulated in Falcon Series. I don´t like the Falcon Series, since I never became warm with the limited grafix possibilities. Sure the Engine was able to do a lot...but hey come on...F-16 in DCS would be a different Century than just a new Sim.

personally, the tomcat is my fav navy aircraft, but as a single pilot hornet more feasable.

I like the Tomcat most as well...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Holy cow, don´t say this. The F-16 is not overused just by beeing simulated in Falcon Series. I don´t like the Falcon Series, since I never became warm with the limited grafix possibilities. Sure the Engine was able to do a lot...but hey come on...F-16 in DCS would be a different Century than just a new Sim.

I like the Tomcat most as well...

I fly BMS and I agree with this, a dcs f-16 would be a whole different animal i'm sure, if you haven't checked out BMS by the way the gfx aren't bad as everybody likes to point out on this forum. I love the a-10 but sometimes I just don't want to fly 90% throttle to stay in the high 200 knots. I think it would be a great idea to model the f-16 because you know people follow that aircraft from the falcon series. It's pretty much guarantee customer base, and hey a lot of people already have full cockpits built :) just saying the f-16 or the f-18 would be great.

My wish list:

#1 F-15 whatever variant

#2 In FC-3 or any future modules we see aircraft like the SR-71 and U-2 (whatever variant) especially as it's within the original time frame of the "game" flyable if possible like the E-3 but just as static would be nice

#3 Those of us who have used ED for a long time already know the old adage

"when it's ready" live with it or get a life.

#4 People realize ED will tell us when they feel confident they have tested the new aircraft to the best of their ability.

#5 We cut all this BS about insulting people, ED Testers and moderators have a hard enough job as it is without being insulted. No doubt they have signed a NDA at some stage and by asking the same question over and over again, no matter how it is re-worded people won't get any new answers.

#6 If you don't like it you don't have to play any ED / DCS module

#7 If the major "thing" in your life is worrying whats the next DCS Module you really need to get a life.

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

I guess I am screwed. I have a life, but want a DCS: Fighter in it so bad lol :doh:

Crunch,

Don't get me wrong I'd like a new module but the generality of life seems a little more important lol ok now where did the Wife hide my joystick damnit :lol:

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

You made a great post Brum! People, like so often on the internet, get over excited and say things they wouldn't face to face because of internet anonymity.

We all are mostly passionate about our hobbies, but this just a hobby. For ED on the other hand this is their job and the means to put food on the table. Hours and hours of hard work, while some of us are just down right negative in our commenets about their work instead being constructive.

Also, remember we don't know what's going on behind the walls of business.

What doesn't make sense to us can make sense to ED as a business decision. In this small market of flight sims that is danger of disappearing altogether, we should be a little more appreciative.

Well said Crunch,

There are no other flightsims that have us all as excited as FC/DCS.

I hope they make a lot of money selling add ons etc so they stay in business.

My wish for the next aircraft would be the Harrier. The Jump Jet is an engineering piece of AWESOME!!!

Think of the things we could all do in the game by having a fighter with vertical take off.

My hats off to the FC3 developers. This sim just keeps getting better.

My wife is gonna shoot me one day because of it!!!

:pilotfly:

My wish for the next aircraft would be the Harrier. The Jump Jet is an engineering piece of AWESOME!!!

+1

Can I change my mind? I'm with Moby! The Harrier or F-35 would be amazing!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If they can do the FM then yes it would be great..

Harrier take off from the Kuz mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

A little bit OT but those who like the f-35 should watch some documentaries about it, its been a disaster in both design, production, and (one of these years) in application. It was designed to replace existing planes such as our beloved a-10 and f-16 and it doesn't perform the role at all well in either case. Some of the things is that it's been problematic because of the multiple configurations and to fast and inefficient to have much of a loiter capability, to heavy to replace the f-16 as far as weapon load-out and payload weight. pretty much all it's got going for it (as far as public knowledge) is stealth.

Not trying to start a disagreement on the forums but just punch up some documentaries on google. One of the good ones is the lead designer of the a-10 commenting on it after being privy to internal design and testing of the f-35.

Not trying to start a disagreement on the forums but just punch up some documentaries on google. One of the good ones is the lead designer of the a-10 commenting on it after being privy to internal design and testing of the f-35.

I don't know much about it; I think it is probably too new to do an accurate sim of it anyway. I was just putting it out there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know much about it; I think it is probably too new to do an accurate sim of it anyway. I was just putting it out there.

Yup I agree :) if your into aircraft though, those documentaries are a great watch though, we went around to lots of country's and convinced them to fund a portion of the R&D for the f-35 and the budget has (at last word) quadrupled. So those country's that placed orders are going to be paying 10x what they agreed to pay per plane. Very interesting the story of the f-35.