Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

I will not vote in this but all I will say is...

Why does the next one have to be an american aircraft? Why can't we have something different like Rafale, Eurotiger, Grippen, Typhoon or Tornado?

Most of the yank aircraft have been done to death... So why not something new and refreshing?

Me myself I would love to see the Tornado or even the Harrier Gr9 (not the smegging yank thing). I do miss the pure interdiction/strike attack side of simulators. I used to love DI's Tornado. That had the best mission planner ever in a simulator!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really shocked to see the most guys wanting another F/A-18 even if there are already plenty of highly detailed F/A-18 sims and addons out there. It's just a damn waste..... and this is really stupid and mono. Why not something different? Why does it have always to be the same and the same and the same... it's time for something different than just the same US-Hardware over and over again.....

Even if I'm a diehard F-16 guy... it's time for something different!!

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Where?

I'm really shocked to see the most guys wanting another F/A-18 even if there are already plenty of highly detailed F/A-18 sims and addons out there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Even if you have 17,319 posts you are not able to research this on your own if you want one so badly?

Here you go ya mono-type folks

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_461a.html

Despite this, modded Jane's F/A-18

Various other F-18 sims

For F-16 guys like me:

Aerosoft F-16 (FSX addon)

Falcon 4 Mods (like Open Falcon)

So why another one? Why nothing from "the other side"? Russian, Chinese, European... it's like with the movies out there..

And that's why I love DCS Blackshark so much, it's a jewel, it's something unique.

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

While they are all good fun, I don't think the various F-18 addons to civil aviation simulators (ie. Flight Deck series, Super Bug, Acceleration) can really compare to a high quality military simulator such as DCS. Janes F/A-18 was published in 1999, so there has been plenty of time since the last one.

If anything the vast number of FSX F-18s just attests to the popularity of the aircraft.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even if you have 17,319 posts you are not able to research this on your own if you want one so badly?

Various other F-18 sims

For F-16 guys like me:

So why another one? Why nothing from "the other side"? Russian, Chinese, European... it's like with the movies out there..

And that's why I love DCS Blackshark so much, it's a jewel, it's something unique.

FSX F-18 highly detailed F-18.. well ok... but it is not fully usable one with working weapons and systems... and even if it was what would it shoot at? Airliners?

The only sim that has high(er) fidelity of systems and weapons for combat is F4... but cannot talk that is hest the rest of it going on... terrain is crap and lot of other things are crap also (FM and MP) not to mention procedure to get it installed... really it was good for its time but it's can't hold its own any more. Really... try taxing in DCS A-10C and in F4... what a world of difference... same for FC2... can't even compare with DCS A-10C, only the Su-25T is decent enough but not many people fly it for obvious reasons)

And it's been said MANY TIMES... it's not what general population wants.. it's what military contracts order... can people finally get that into their heads and stop asking stupid questions over and over :music_whistling:

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

.......can people finally get that into their heads and stop asking stupid questions over and over :music_whistling:

Doubtful.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Well.... let us know what is the aircraft name related to the next military contract order :thumbup:

Don't ask, don't tell. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Well, personally I would nominate BAE Harrier GR9 as the next development module for the DCS. It is indeed rare but quite interesting, don't you think?

And who would commission a DTS for that in order for ED to be able to make a DCS module?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Various other F-18 sims

For F-16 guys like me:

An FSX addon is not a full Military simulator like DCS. Apples and Oranges.

Based on a simulator from 1999 and a mod not a release.

Sorry there are no modern Military F-18 simulators available right now.

• Like 1

An FSX addon is not a full Military simulator like DCS. Apples and Oranges.

Based on a simulator from 1999 and a mod not a release.

Sorry there are no modern Military F-18 simulators available right now.

+++

- Personally, i am not particularly liking the philosophy of DCS (deep hard core realism) single type releases. I'd prefer the LockOn philosophy but ofcourse continously upgraded and updated (more community open architecture, clickable pits, etc, DX11, add-on releases, terrains etc) But ofcourse i am not complaining about the course ED choose with DCS. I will ofcourse adjust :) Their work deserves at least that appreciation :)

- Fact. Check TacPack for FSX ...... Its a first step and i believe a breakthrough that could potentialy maybe lead to a major transformation , creating a whole new community and decent combat sim .....

- Yes. There are not yet up to date simulators for the main last (and most commercially successful) US 3d generation fighters , F-16 and F-18. The simulation industry needs to cover those two types before the time arrives when enough data will be available for F-22 and F-35 will start hitting the selves again like they used to back in the 90s

- Same though applies for some VERY popular non-US planes that have never been decently simulated (Mirage 2000, Typhoon, Harrier, Rafale, Vigen, Gripen, etc) And here is where FSX with full combat environment could decently step-in as there is not enough time and resources (or profit) for companies like ED (do you actually know of any other developer of this kind surviving these days ? ....) to produce all those types. (Maybe even MS Flight maybe have a surprise for us in that matter ? ....) And thats another reason too i supported "lighter" degree of realism of more types instead of single type studies on behalf of ED, so i could maybe see nice, decent releases of all these wonderful planes before ..... my retire LOL (*)

- and some posters here need maybe to be less arrogant and more polite ;)

(*) i will order my grandchildren in my will to not donate a dime to fighter ops unless they see a beta first :P

Edited by Squid

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

After watching the discussion of the Eurofighter on TV Maybe ED should do a DTS to train new pilots.

It would be undoubtedly awesome as a DCS module, but there is no way we'd pay for a DTS. I don't see any other individual operator nation doing so either, apart from the Saudis maybe everyone is cutting back too much.

I suppose it's theoretically possible for the 4 main operators to commission a DTS together, but such as thing wouldn't be able to happen for a while yet, there are too many different blocks/software standards etc of Typhoon around for DTS to be viable as yet.

It'd be nice, but I'll chop of my own left nut if it happens anytime within the next 5 years at least.

Of course, that isn't considering the chance of a DCS module coming out of any DTS due to the classifcation issue.

In short, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Spoiler

It'd be nice, but I'll chop of my own left nut if it happens anytime within the next 5 years at least.

HAHAHA... go easy on promises like that... those are very valuable :smilewink:

No longer active in DCS...

whats a DTS ?

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

whats a DTS ?

Desk Top Simulator. Training simulator developed for military customers, such as the DTS that spawned DCS A-10C.

Spoiler

my prefer is the F-16CJ.

i love these multirole fighter.

Mainboard: Asus P8P67 Evo

Prozessor: Intel Core i7 2600 @3,4GHz

Grafikkarte: Asus ENGTX580

Arbeitsspeicher: Kingston 8GB DDR3-RAM, 1333MHz, CL9

Soundkarte: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series

Betriebssystem: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Yes but (I dont remember Matt or ED Team member) told : it isnt a Viper.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro