FPS Tweaks/MODs

A.S

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advanced Effects and Render Effects - what these two do? They are at the bottom of graphics.cfg files.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Editin' modellod.txt it's possible fps tweak in one case but it's possible cheat in other case.

My opinion what this file must be the same in everyobe in the server.

if stock values is crap we need find out correct value and make this file avalible for all, or tell ED make mini patch (=

Agree completely! I know for one that 51st Dedi will be enforcing this file as default, among with relevant LOM related mod files once the community has standardized a set of 'new AC models'. We should all strive best to close the "visibility loophole" that we all know can be exploited. Lets end the "dot hunting" nubfest of 1.1 once and for all...

Also everyone note that modellod fps tweaks listed above have a caveat. Yes, they improve FPS (only very slightly on OLD rigs).

BUT they create stuttering (personal experience on a decent rig) due to objects loading/unloading at shorter ranges. The value of 1000000 is there for a REASON!! It makes the objects load in immediately and cover the whole map so that one does not get "unit pop up stutters"

Do you all remember the ED stutter fix patch for 1.1? AFAIK they raised the number in that patch, and added the LD_Tec model for that exact reason.

So please be careful before starting to mess around with modellod...

Of course i might be wrong, but for these two reasons alone its best to keep it DEFAULT.

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

as far for your stuttering.... change your precaching values

Yeah its not that simple, there are way to many factors to even think of when it comes to stutters...

But anyhow my precatching is always set to:

100000 (100km) for ground and 10000 for units respectively, which should be consistent with "High" settings, AFAIK

What exactly do you imply by "changing them". Lower or raise them?

On the other hand Im quite positive that my modellod was causing stutters in FC 1.12 as once i dropped it to default it was noticably much better...

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

On the other hand Im quite positive that my modellod was causing stutters in FC 1.12 as once i dropped it to default it was noticably much better...

Interesting, i've experienced the complete opposite :), I always got way better performance

in missions with lots of ground units measuring time-between-frames(stutter measurement)

rather than framerate.

I'll see if we can get the full explanation from the devs on what these values do

in the game(not only what they seem to do).

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Yeah its not that simple, there are way to many factors to even think of when it comes to stutters...

But anyhow my precatching is always set to:

100000 (100km) for ground and 10000 for units respectively, which should be consistent with "High" settings, AFAIK

What exactly do you imply by "changing them". Lower or raise them?

If you have enough RAMs, increase them. Doing so, you avoid them being relaoded too frequently in a precache radius (LOD radius).

The Modellod range tweak has nothing to do with "loading them" or stutters, just how your cpu deals with them. It makes really no sense to calculate details beyond any visual range.

Regards common files i would suggest a common modellod.txt file (available on forums of specific squads) rather then just sticking with the standart file.

This way integrity can still be provided.

PS: so far the game isnt bad at all in certain areas (nice work and honor to those who deserve it) but there are also certain epic-fail errors which particular ( flaps drag values and their "inverted F22" effects )* have been reported to devs...further tests in progress.

*Test Flaps:

engines off, constant descending at 150kts with slight negative pitch (gliding) applying flaps ....observing drag and speed loss = almost none

sustain turns at 250kts at 4.5Gs ....applying flaps.... what happens is this:

you gain speed !!!

the current flaps "do lift" and also decrease AoA (drag) under load, but due to lack of enough surface drag values of the flaps surfaces, you speed up and can sustain with flaps more Gs and you GAIN speed in a way which should not be the case. Right now F = F22 button.

Probably just an small error (just wrong value) but dramatic impact . Needs a fix asap!

Best would be (as by many beta testers what i know wished) that you can NOT deploy flaps at such high speeds anyway (see AFM su-25T << there they thought about this)

...would be good to use them in combination with gears only...(smart workaround in logic sense)

Edited by A.S
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the compatibility patch is for Blackshark, not for FC2.

Anyway, great research AS! :) I'm sure ED will fix many of these issues in the first patch for FC2.

Just a quick dogfight with Fusion (lets test this stuff here cmon) ...and a "hold on a sec..this is waaay off" :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK moders and tweakers,i have homework for you...FPS drop with skhval ON is crazy(60-->11), i understand that is becaus scenes are rendered on ultra high vis.range all the time while MFD is tourned ON, even if ingame settings is low...One of posible solutions is to delete everything from bazar/scene/structures/high folder ,but that realy is not the point...Any other solution???

attachment.php?attachmentid=37470&d=1269911660

attachment.php?attachmentid=37472&d=1269911701

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

Yeah Vecko, the 25T Shkval is a real murderer of FPS, i really really hope someone comes up with a solution for this :noexpression:

Well, solution should be pretty much simple ,only what we need is to lower stuctures rendering distance on MFD/skhval,but there is only one problem...We dont know HOW :P...This problem is with ka-50 too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

Well, solution should be pretty much simple ,only what we need is to lower stuctures rendering distance on MFD/skhval,but there is only one problem...We dont know HOW :P...This problem is with ka-50 too.

The dilemma is that you have 2 x 3D worlds being rendered on your screen - this would explain the FPS hog it gives.

How to solve all that? Only a dev can tell - but I guess in this case one must have separate Graphic config-sections for the outside world as well as the mini-world inside the Shkval.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning