Just ordered a new GFX card.

I had the 9800 pro 128 mb one.

I just ordered the

Asus EN6800 GeForce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express, Tv-Out/2xDVI-I, Retail for 531 $ . This is a good card for a decent price yeah?

btw i live in Norway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Should be a good card... I have ASUS 6800GT/TD 128Mb DDR1 AGP8X, and game looks nice, but I can't use some high settings like overcast, cause I have SD RAM, and crap CPU...

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Well, I jumped on the bandwaggon and am getting a new card. Nothing completely next generation like your 6800GT, but I should be getting a 6600GT 128mb. It really IS the perfect choice and combination between great pricing, and brutal performance!

KuostASigcopy.png

Lol, I need a new rig (mobo cpu video card), even a new power supply :(

Lol, don't know where to start, but mobo+cpu seems logical (and 400/500W power supply), but the problem is that all the new mobos are pcie and my crappy video card is agp.

Lol, I'll wait until I have enough money to buy them all together, no gradual upgrading for me :(

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Yes. My laptop with 6800GO spanks my Desktop with 9800XT despite having slower CPU, RAM and FSB.

12 Pipelines vs 8 in my case.. or 16 vs 8 in yours. You should make sure you have at least a gig of DDR RAM and a decent processor.

If you have an amd 2.0 ghz or pentium 3ghz or better you should be able to turn everything on high except view distance (medium) at 1280x1024 and be very playable. My 6800gt handles it no problem. Big improvement over my old 9800pro especially down low in the smoke where fps used to hit 8 (low) now they goto (16)low guess you could say it has doubled the low fps even at higher res.

Also since you got the pci-X version hope you have ordered new board/processor/ram to go with that new card. If not you will be trully upset when you cant install it on your current hardware. :)

The speed of your cpu is important when predicting frame rate increase. The fast vid cards need a fast cpu to "feed" them. Otherwise, you'll be cpu limited and won't see much improvement in FPS. (depending on how close you were to being cpu limited with your old vid card)

I went from a 9800pro to a 6800nu with an AMD 2500+ OCed to 2.4Ghz and there isn't much improvement in frames. Image quality is worse.

OK,

I'll tell you what specs i have.

I've been upgrading my computer for the last year or so.. (when i bough the 9800 pro it was new :p ) man, oh man, this game is costing me money.. hehe. (its worth it tough)

Motherboard : ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe

RAM : 2x Kingston Hyper-X 512 MB 400MHz DDR (PC3200)

CPU : P4 2.8 (400 fsb)

The cpu is my main conserne that may slow my system down, thinking of upgrading that also to a P4 3.4 ( 800 fsb ) But i cant seem to find a online store that sells that in Norway, or a online store that has it and actually ships to Norway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I just updated 2 days ago from a FX5900 OTES to the 6800 GT and man it is a big difference.

Rig before change was

P4 3.06 HT (533fsb)

epox ep-4pgai

1 gig ram

FX5900 OTES

This rig scored 1000 on 3dmark05 but after putting the GT in it pushed me up to a score of 5004. :icon_mrgr

I am waiting on another gig of ddr400 ram that should be here tomorrow and a 3.2 800 fsb should be here by the weekend.

But on a bad note my broadband has packed in and until the 26th, when BT have decided to get off their behind and fix it I am reduced to internet cafes. :mad:

Anyways enough of my ramblings, enjoy the difference. :)

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.