"SkyWars" Dynamic Campaign alpha v0.04

"SkyWars" is a technology demonstrator dynamic campaign program for Lock On v1.1 "Flaming Cliffs".

Alpha version 0.04 is ready for those who would like to test. Please check the included readme file for instructions:

http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~pavacic/lomac/skywars/skywars0_041.zip

v0.04 is compatible only with v1.1, not with earlier versions of Lock On. It is, however, compatible with the third-party "NATO Airbase Merzifon" add-on - it is not necessarily to remove this add-on before running SkyWars.

Discussion:

http://lockoncampaign.com:8811/board/index.php?a=topic&t=63

Thanks for interest!

-SK

Sounds interesting. Does it require the end user to build a mission themselves? (Which is why I never got into Storm that much)

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Cool deal... I'll give it a look then. Thanks for the work!

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Very nice...I'll go start posting reports over on your forum...I got through the second auto-generated mission and now it froze...

Thanks for the program,

foot

------------------

Wingmen should pretty much stick to two radio transmissions, "Two." or "Sir, you're on fire."

SK, I noticed that the forum is running on port 8811. You may want to change this to 80 (assuming that you're webmaster of course). Anyone surfing in from a corporate network may run into problems since most firewalls these days also filter outgoing connections and only allow a small number of ports. If you need to run multiple sites on the same host, you can do this on the same port using the ServerName directive in apache or HostHeader Value in IIS.

(Yes, I was blocked hehe)

Thank's for this addon, it's the most interesting addon/mod I've ever seen!

At this time I'm testing it, and it seems to work well

I hope you develope this little but great utility, including others object, ship and so on... and you make it more complex and fun.

Great works!!!

P.S.: Sorry my english, I'm italian

Hi

Version 041 is freezing for me after the second mission.. ie, clicking on Save and Exit does nothing.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

I figured out my problem... I had clicked on one section to advance to, and was clicking "Save and Exit." I kept clicking and had five sectors selected before it let me advance.

Maybe the troops are doing better than I thought? ;)

(This is for the F-15C)

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Single player only. AFAIK, Lock On does not support saving the combat results in multiplayer missions.

It's still an alpha. Each squadron only contains two aircraft for testing purposes. So, if you destroy a pair of Russian Su-27s and a pair of MiG-29s in your first two F-15 missions, Russia has no fighters left, and there are no missions to assign to your F-15 squadron. The game "fast-forwards" until Russia gets reinforcement fighters - usually about four days. During this time, your ground forces "advance" practically unopposed, thanks to friendly air superiority.

Thanks for interest!

-SK

Yes, that's pretty much what happened... although on the second mission, I limped home on one engine... ;)

• Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler