AI much better

The AI seems to be much improved with this version. I went after a Mig 27 with guns only and he flew like a spitball! It took several minutes to nail him.

I set up a mission involving 2 F-16's over the Caucuses. I failed to adjust for altitude. I watched their ingress and am pleased to report that they follow terrain (leaving dust clouds at times).

Pud

And tha AAA defenses are much more aggressive as well. No more casually ingressing. You will get taken out. Use of chaff/flares is a must now.

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

Glad to hear that...The AI always seemed a bit Scripted at times..

I watched their ingress and am pleased to report that they follow terrain (leaving dust clouds at times).

But do they actually PULL UP to clear a ridge or peak? Currently, it looks Horrid. They suddenly jump up and down (litterally..just jump strait up), nomatter their speed, or AOA.

KuostASigcopy.png

But do they actually PULL UP to clear a ridge or peak? Currently, it looks Horrid. They suddenly jump up and down (litterally..just jump strait up), nomatter their speed, or AOA.

In the mission I set up they flew like they knew what they were doing. Incidently, I was flying a one ship mission Su-33 against them. I have yet to kill both. At least one of them gets me. I'm impressed so far.

Pud

there is still room for improvments

yes AI in 1.1 has been improved from the things i have been able to see in the demo.

Unfortunately, the AI for Air to Ground planes (su25 & A10) is still unable to deal correctly with SAM using IR guidance.

You cant ask your wingman to "attack air defense", IR SAMs do not use radar emissions, so the wingman will answer "negative" as if there was no air defense.

The AI is also unable to make a good defensive manouver when it is targeted. For example, if a strela launch a missile on a wingman, there is 80% probabilty that the wingman will be shot down whereas most of the missiles could have been easily avoided...frustrating...

Also, if one design an attack mission with some SAMs (even only 1 sam like in the demo), if the wingman is on his own, he will repeatedly fly over the threat until he is shot down while completing his objectives, forgetting each time that he enters a danger zone which he should avoid.

The only work around that i have been able to find considering the AI of SU25 and A10 is that now i always tell them to go back to airbase at the beginning of my mission. Thus i do the first part of the mission with the 1st plane then when i have used all the ammo of my plane i switch plane and use the load out of the wingman =( while i ask my 1st wingman to go to airbase.

...or another solution is to design missions with very few air defenses, the wingman only do his job correctly when there is no more threat.

No, they still wait till they're right over the peak and then pitch up and then back down wildly. Makes it a pain trying to fly tight formations with them :(.

Also didn't fix the uncanny breaking ability during attack egress and landing approach either.

is this ok?