71.81 Asus drivers give others weird graphics too?

For screenshots see this post: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=7417

I had anomalies with a Geforce 4 Ti4200, which were solved by using an older driver set, but my new 6600GT cannot use the 5x.xx driver sets, so I have to stick with the 7x.xx drivers.

Does anyone know a driver set which works with Lockon 1.1.

FYI Lockon is the only game giving me anomalies on the 71.41 drivers.

Many thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Asus drivers are not very good... unfortunately. I used to use them, but I get better preformance with official drivers (using 71.84 now), or Omega drivers (when they get released)

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Drivers from asus not very good?! On what basis do you state this?

I've been using Asus drivers for my Asus vidcards for years now and always found them flawless and great performance.

In general one is advised to use the drivers provided by the brand of your hardware instead of common reference drivers released by the chipset manufacturer.

The 'brand drivers' sometimes incorporate little tricks only applicable to that specific card and Asus is renowned for pulling some extra FPS from their vidcard where others can't.

Anyway, Lockon is the only game giving me these strange anomalies in combination with these drivers... :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

"Does anyone know a driver set which works with Lockon 1.1."

Yes.

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

R U sure about extra FPS? When I bought mine ASUS v9999GT/TD I initially used ASUS drivers, but then I stopped using them because a) I was having problems with LOMAC (that was during beta-testing) b) They seemed to work worse the official drivers...

So R U sure?

With my experience with Nvidia video cards, and trust me I had lot of them. From Asus. Msi. to my present BFG. From Geforce 2 mx series to Ti42. to Fx5900xt. to 6800GT. I've always been a pure nvidia fan. Even tough ATI is Canadian product and I'm a Canadian full bread.

Regards of drivers distributed by manufacturer like asus being better, thinking that there drivers can more exploit the graphic card. This statement is my experience pure bull. No pund intented.

Version is what it counts no matter what manufacturer brings out the card. The drivers is the software to exploit the gpu. If you check with your manufacturer closely and ask them for the newest drivers available. Guess what, it brings you to Nvidia. And the next CD that will be shipped for your nvidia card will have latest Nvidia drivers that was available at the time of burning their Cd. Only difference is they are allowed to put there brand name on it.

NOTE: Nvidia dont sell video cards direct like Ati does. They sell their GPU to other manufacturers.

My 3 cents.

Enought of this schooling. Im off to shoot down some birds, lol, chow @+

Ok guys, I agree I have been somewhat unclear with my reply; by pulling some extra FPS I meant hardware wise (Asus is known to be able to pull some extra FPS in relation to other brands with the same card). I assumed that drivers might have to do something with this, so logically it would be a sound thought to use the Asus drivers with an Asus card to get the maximum performance possible.

If what you state is indeed true and Asus (or any other brand for that matter) only need the right to put on their logo in the driver set (which provides a delay in release in relation to the reference drivers by NVidia) but those drivers are the exact same NVidia has built, its only logical to use the reference drivers instead to have the most updated versions available (non-beta that is).

The only thing I did find very hard to believe is the statement by Biolog. Why would Asus drivers be 'not very good'. Besides if they are the same as the NVidia set, they are only a little older, that's all. I'd like to see on what grounds Biolog claims Asus drivers are 'not very good'.

No offense meant, just curious. :icon_pidu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just updated my drivers to NVidia's 71.89 drivers, but now after loading a mission I get a complete system reboot before being able to enter the cockpit!!

:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

71.89 seems to cause most of us 6800GT users the same problem for some reason. First time I've heard of a non-6800GT having the ussue.

For the record, I would have given you the same advice as Biolog did. Im my own experience, though ASUS does sometimes customize the hardware and then adjust their custom drivers accordingly, especially reagarding things like temperature sensing or fan control, for convenience, it is sometimes better to just use the ASUS driver. But for best performance, it is almost always better to run the latest from Nvidia, and this has been especially true with the 6xxx series cards.

Anywho, go here and grab the 76.44:

http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=67&Itemid=41

I have seen no problems with these at all, they are fast, and the IQ is excellent.

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

Thanks. I will try em.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've said ASUS drivers are crap, because they were on my machine, I had problems (not only with LOMAC), and these problems disappeared as soon as I've changed the drivers... However bear in mind the golden phrase "everyone got their own best set of drivers", meaning that some drivers might work better on some machines then others.

ASUS do infact modify their drivers, and put extra features on them... While these extra features do help in certain games, they are generally bad for other ones. For example ASUS drivers work better with DeuxX Invisible war and BattleEngine Aqualia. I don't rele play these games much, so it's no point to use drivers espesially for them. Also they run pretty much the same on nVidia drivers, which I'm using atm. I will change the drivers this week hopefully, when new Omega drivers set comes out (hopefully). Now these are the best drivers you can find IMHO

FYI, I've just tried 71.89 they gave me blue screen on my Xp. They suck.

But...

I tried this version on my BFG-6800GT/OC

Forceware 76.44 Win2000/XP WHQL

Category: Graphics Card Drivers - NVIDIA ForceWare - 18804 downloads

Windows 2000/XP - WHQL

The bro's over at the French Station Drivers stumbled into new ForceWare drivers dated at the 30th or March. The download is a 15 meg sized file and does include an easy to install setup.exe in the extracted folder.

The good news is that it is a WHQL approved driver (Microsoft tested and verified). The bad news is that it's only for GeForce series 6. This driver has an included modified.inf file (courtesy of laptopvideo2go) for non-GeForce series 6 users.

NV033005A-WHQL (Driver)

Description: WHQL WinXP/2K driver for NV4x (including NV44a)

Version: 76.44

Driver Type: WHQL Driver

Driver Release: Release 75

Operating System: Windows 2000,Windows XP

Reference Submission: 0

WHQL Status: Logod

DCT: 450

WLP ID: 961701

WHQL Quick Sign ID: 961701

Although WHQL these drivers are of course considered beta neither Guru3D.com or NVIDIA will take responsibility if anything fails. We recompressed the archive towards 15 MB. We suggest you give and read feedback on these drivers in our forums where it's being discussed right now in a dedicated thread.

Enjoy this download.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1028

They Rock, Give them a try. You wont be sorry :cool:

Thank you all for the feedback. At least I know for sure its a driver issue, so its one that can be solved one way or the other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forceware 76.44 Win2000/XP WHQL

Category: Graphics Card Drivers - NVIDIA ForceWare - 18804 downloads

Windows 2000/XP - WHQL

Is the temp bug fixed in these ? Im currently using 76.41....

Yes, the temp bug is fixed in these. Great drivers btw, as well as 76.44 and 76.50.

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000