No CD Error after patch Install...???

Kilo_60

I had to reinstall BS after a critical HDD Failure requiring a reformat.

I just installed the 1.01c patch over my vanilla 1.00 CD copy.

Now, everytime I start BS I'm getting an error that says "No CD Found" or something along those lines.

What do I have to do to fix this issue.

Thanks!

• ED Team

Alcohol?

Or something like this.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

This is my new shortcut post patch...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\bin\stable\Launcher.exe" --console

And here's the error message:

BlackShark: Launcher.exe - No Disk

Does this mean after the 1.01c Patch that I now need the disk in CD drive everytime I intend to play BS?

Could it be a VISTA 64 issue?

Dang I wich I remembered what the previous "FIX" was...

Edited by Kilo_60

To elaborate slightly: afaik the russian DVD version does use a disc-check. Western DVD versions do not. If you apply the russian patch to a western version... funny things will happen. ;)

Completely unrelated to operating systems and so on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

With the western disc version, you do not have to have the DVD in the drive, ever. Well, okey, on install, but it is not needed for running the simulator.

If you run the English version with english patch, there should not be a disc prompt. Have you applied the English patch on the russian version? It is only the russian version that performs disc-checks.

If this is not the case, we'd have to look over your third party applications to see if we can figure out which one is causing it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 3 months later...

I've just encountered the same problem.

Basicly, out of the blue, I coundn't start BS. It stated that I needed to insert a disc also. But I've always had the downloaded English version and yes I had installed the English patch some time ago.

Anyway I just had a punt and reloaded the patch and all is OK again.

Strange.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.