Why not Battlefront?

I'm not sure about that.

The bumpy release of FC for me is proof that they should concentrate in doing what they do best, produce sperlative sims, and leave the selling to a company that has know how to do it.

They thought they would save in the middleman's cut but actually lost many sales due to the clumsiness of the release. Not to mention money and time invested to sell the game.

'

I believe that TFC/ED is interested in being their own publisher, not having another publisher who takes a cut.

I say because Battlefront is not an "usual" publisher, they let freedom to developers to create their product.

I'm not sure about that.

The bumpy release of FC for me is proof that they should concentrate in doing what they do best, produce sperlative sims, and leave the selling to a company that has know how to do it.

They thought they would save in the middleman's cut but actually lost many sales due to the clumsiness of the release. Not to mention money and time invested to sell the game.

'

Lets try to keep it in perspective. Yeah it has been a bit bumpy but ED is trying a new business model. Mistakes will be made, things won't go zactly right. You learn from it and get better and get rid of those problems. ED is taking those steps to identify problems and iron them out. Those who are impatient want immediate action when the problem may be more complicated then they know. Time Zone placement and language are just a few barriers that impede the process, but those are problems in the process that need to be fixed, just like the Starforce issue, and the Paypal fiasco.

Not all will agree with this statement I am about to make, for their own reasons, but to me it is ED's responsibility to iron out the problems in this business plan and fix them as they are presented. It is in our best interest/responsibility, as a hobby, to help them smooth it out by bringing up the problems in a helpful and productive manner. It will benefit us as a hobby and benefit ED to maximize their cash flow and bring us future products. From all information and indications I have seen, ED is holding up their end of the bargain (though some will not be satisfied how fast or how well things are handled for their own reasons), then it is our responsibility to hold up our end, as a hobby. If this isn't your hobby and you want to buy a product and have it be perfect and everything you want, then you won't agree that you have any responsibility, and maybe you don't. For us hobbyists, I believe we do have a stake in it.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

It is in our best interest/responsibility, as a hobby, to help them smooth it out by bringing up the problems in a helpful and productive manner. It will benefit us as a hobby and benefit ED to maximize their cash flow and bring us future products. From all information and indications I have seen, ED is holding up their end of the bargain (though some will not be satisfied how fast or how well things are handled for their own reasons), then it is our responsibility to hold up our end, as a hobby.

There are no better ways to say it!

Regards,

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I believe that TFC/ED is interested in being their own publisher, not having another publisher who takes a cut.

This me reminds me of 3Dfx...

They also wanted avoid sharing profits with Gfx makers, so they started to make of their own, marketing of their own, and in the end when it was too late they figured out they didnt have enough logistic resourses, the result was that they had so much delays in shiping the product that eventualy bankrupted.

This strategy is a 2 edged sword, and ED is following the 3Dfx mistakes.

In one end theres the sharing of profits, on the other theres the more widespread ditribution and sales.

Some of us dont like or cant buy online. Then came starforce, then came paypal.

whats left to buy the game is the elite of the elite.

I dont want to put ED down but it managed to do something no one else did before, an unikely achievement these days: To create a niche within a niche of the market.

This is so counterproductive! Others move out to sell hundreds of thousands of FPS games world wide to keep in the "game" while ED digs a fox hole in a corner.

Hope for the future ED doesnt have such minimalistic marketing aproach for 1.2 and the extra flyables, or else we risk see a great idea being frustrated by the increasingly less divulged and smaller reach of market.

Just think of this, software developers suddenly take on the path of door to door salesmen?!

IIIIIIIII dont think so! :D

home_alone_ver1.jpg

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

IMHO, FC wouldn't have been the same with externall distribution.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

That's what I was talking about Battlefront (and I do not work for it, only respect their work), it's a publisher different, very different from Ubi Soft. Check the games that publish battlefront and you will understand what I meant

I hope more sim devs. get involved with selling directly to its customers. Think of the savings that could hopefully be passed on to the consumer.

Of course, this was bumpy, because paypal & starforce were involved. Without these detracting elements .... this, ED's first effort to sell directly, would have ran smooth as silk. And they would have reconized the profit potential immediately. ..... but with SF and paypal's cut, along with the potential lost sales from the users that hate SF and hate paypal ... these two elements ruined a potentially successful campaign.

So, I hope this is a sign of things to come, more & more simulation-based devs. dealing directly with its customers. I just hope that in the future, the devs spend a little more time listening to the buyers of their products, thereby avoiding a lot of headaches and angry posts.

I like the Battlefront idea. They are not like other publishers. Still they are not the only option available. Matrix games is another one...

I think the move to sell the game on line is great. I don't think anyone mentioned this but by itself it cuts piracy. Games sometimes don't get to many places in the globe and if they do that is months, many months after release.

There are other advantages to selling online but let's leave it to this: it was a good move in my opinion. But it doesn't exclude having a retail version

I think we should support the devs, fine. But they are not some non profit organization, they are a business and they are in it for the money and not for pleasure, as much as they like what they do. Also they charge US$35,00 for an add-on which is not exactly cheap compared to other games.

My point is they ask a "professional" price for it but deliver an "amatuerish" selling system.

Didn't they know about SF or Pay Pall? They should have done their homework before releasing.

By the way they are not the first to self publish and distribute through the internet.

But if has to be emphasized that they are extremely competent at making awesome flight sims. It's a shame they had to smear their image with this marketing fiasco.

'

I think we should support the devs, fine. But they are not some non profit organization, they are a business and they are in it for the money and not for pleasure, as much as they like what they do. Also they charge US$35,00 for an add-on which is not exactly cheap compared to other games.

???? Umm...of course ED is in it for money! What the!? Why u even mention that? What I don't understand is why on earth are they still making flight sim when everyone else moved on.

Expensive! What other add-on are you comparing FC to? Ever consider the amount of research that goes into making a flight sim? What ED has done with the AFM alone is worth more than 35 USD.

As for the rest of ur comment, what did u expect from a company that specialized in making a game and having limited personel? One step at a time, man and the next will get u there.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

???? Umm...of course ED is in it for money! What the!? Why u even mention that?

I mention the fact that they are a comercial business because I see a lot of posts where people say we shouldn't be so critical and support the DEVs as if this was some sort of free MOD.

What I don't understand is why on earth are they still making flight sim when everyone else moved on.

There is money to be made with sims, just not the huge amouts that the big publishers expect. They want all games to sell like Sim City series.

Expensive! What other add-on are you comparing FC to? Ever consider the amount of research that goes into making a flight sim? What ED has done with the AFM alone is worth more than 35 USD.

Read my post. I never said it was expensive, I said it was on par with the comercial games so we should expect the same standard in the quality of the game and in the selling system. From what I heard they exceled in the quality of the game.

As for the rest of ur comment, what did u expect from a company that specialized in making a game and having limited personel? One step at a time, man and the next will get u there.

Limited personel? Just to give you a few examples: Live for Speed and Still Beasts. They have a limited personel!

I don't get it why some people get upset over the gamers questioning of the marketing system. Because of the criticisim I'm sure ED will improve their marketing to the standard of their product and will make the game a huge success.

Everybody agrees the addon is awesome and that the developers did a great job and the criticism to some of their choices should not be seen as a criticism to ED but only to their marketing options.

'

Guest Amount

I don't get all the arguing.

The answer is simple (according to some)

All the problems are caused because ED is the first ever company in the history of gaming to release a game via the internet. They are completely breaking new ground. There aren't any companies out there who have done this before and none that ED can look to and see what mistakes were made and learn from.

Combine that with the fact that its customers are also at fault for this. They are impatient and actually expecting ED to live up to what they said would happen. How dare they. Can you imagine the problems ED has because their customers actually expect them to deliver what was promised. Once again, this is the first time in history than customers have actually asked that a company deliver on time and with all promised features. It must be terrible for ED.

Now add the fact that we aren't really consumers or customers, we are hobbyists and therefore have no rights or expectations only responsibilities to ensure that ED is given all possible leeway in getting their (hmm, can't really use the word product becuase that indicates we are consumers) entity into the world. For an example of what I am referring to , please see Dusty Rhodes excellant post on the previous page. He puts it quite cleary, WE ARE AT FAULT, NOT ED.

What does this all add up to. SIMPLE. The fiasco that is Flaming Cliffs isn't EDs fault , it is yours. Now stop complaining and start doing your job as a hobbyist and get this addon on the market as soon as possible.

Was this post really required. YES< it is just as required as all the others claiming that it is MY fault that ED has made all these mistakes.

This is geting a bit surreal! :)

There seems to be two kinds of opinions about this topic:

People that are complaining about thinks they disagree.

People that say we all should suport the devs and not complain.

By saing that the game is great but that you disagree with some issues you are suporting the devs. They need feedback to improve their business.

Now lets get some facts strait:

ED IS NOT the first company to release a game throught the internet. Live for Speed and others have done it before.

We are not costumers just hobbyists with no rights only responsabilities? :rolleyes: :D :D :D

I was going to answer to that but I just can't stop laughing... :D :D :D

I'm not sure about that.

'

We were all nebies one day. If I follow your logic then I should not have bought the LockOn because I sucked at flight sim.

Guest Amount
This is geting a bit surreal! :)

There seems to be two kinds of opinions about this topic:

People that are complaining about thinks they disagree.

People that say we all should suport the devs and not complain.

By saing that the game is great but that you disagree with some issues you are suporting the devs. They need feedback to improve their business.

Now lets get some facts strait:

ED IS NOT the first company to release a game throught the internet. Live for Speed and others have done it before.

We are not costumers just hobbyists with no rights only responsabilities? :rolleyes: :D :D :D

I was going to answer to that but I just can't stop laughing... :D :D :D

You did realize that I was being factious didn't you???

IOW, I am sick and tired of being blamed for the problems with ED and its implementation of online distribution.

Guest Amount
We were all nebies one day. If I follow your logic then I should not have bought the LockOn because I sucked at flight sim.

You completely missed his logic, his logic is that ED shouldn't be trying to do what other people do better and stick to what they do best.

You did realize that I was being factious didn't you???

IOW, I am sick and tired of being blamed for the problems with ED and its implementation of online distribution.

And I am getting sick and tired of reading your BS - so put a cork in it will you :mad:

- JJ.

JJ

Guest Amount
And I am getting sick and tired of reading your BS - so put a cork in it will you :mad:

- JJ.

So are you agreeing that we as customers are to blame for these problems and that we aren't consumers but rather hobbyists that have rights etc.

I realize that you are a moderator here and as such have certain responsibility to maintain the status quo and have a certain need to shield ED from any negative feedback but that doesn't make what you say correct.

I don't want to be rude, but some of you guys have way too much emotional invesment in this sim. Alright some of you want to express solidarity and support of E.D. & FC - good on you, we all ride on your efforts a little bit, but AMOUNT has a right to be frustrated - personally I've been waiting to get this game for months & the SF/PayPall mess ( & it is a mess regardless of where you lay the blame ) have undermined my confidence in E.D.'s business capabilities. Still - I'll buy FC from whoever gets a CD onto the Western market first 'cause I believe they'll have made a better game than 1.02 - which I love, but as (waiting) paying customers we do have some right to feel messed about. If AMOUNT wants to complain through sarcasm or FATUOUS comments - what's the big deal ? Its a forum - you're going to get people complaining & I can't see any "BS" in it, or the need for a moderator to tell him to put a cork in it.

Cheers.