When can we buy the damn game?

Things are probably a bit simpler than that. Suspect what ED are doing with this release is treating it as a dry run for their first full program release on-line and without a publisher. In this case and this is not a bad thing we have been guinea pigs to test out ED's processes.

Ouch...

So we pay $35 for a patch!!! and are actually betatesters???

I know it wil take resources, but If ED will persist in online sales they could go another way.

Basically it works like this:

We all have registered on this site / forum, and what ED could do is link our logins to an account which will always reflect what we have purchased etc..

Every time you need to install 1.1, or an addon a/c or scenery, whatever, you just have to connect to the activation server using your login and password. ED then keeps track of the times you activate, and from what ip number. If for some reason a specific login activates within a certain period from different ip adresses then some red flags start waving, and the account gets frozen. This means that the ultimate responsibility of not sharing you details lies with the user who can be penalized by having his account frozen, or his license revoked. ;)

This way updating versions can be easy as well. Best would be having the program check for updates using your details.

So say that ED does a F18 addon.. Then i can elect to purchase it or not. and that would be reflected in my account status. Now when I want to update my version with the latest patches and my lockon connects to the server and my software version is unlike the one they have in my account.. BOOM.. frozen...

Personally I hate activation procedures, but I'd be willing to accept something like this..

Koriel out

you cant do "login" stuff via ip, seeming most ppl have dynamic ips

They probably use a "hardware code" of your pc, these codes usually consist of some encrypted number, using the MAC, hard drive serials and an other component of your pc. (this based on an other way to determine your "unique hardware config", don't know if this applies to fux force)

It's just too bad we're kept in the dark, while others are playing 1.1. I don't think they have troubles with verisign, I think paypal is argueing with ED.

And don't whine about my speculations, just release an official statement.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Force Feedback,

The verisign solution will be announced when its ready.

It is understandable that people are being impatient, but considering the problems encountered with PayPal, I am sure you can understand that Eagle wants to make sure that things will work properly next time around.

If you think ED is going to give you a detailed explanation on what goes on between them and PayPal, then you can think again.

- JJ.

JJ

Guest Amount
Force Feedback,

The verisign solution will be announced when its ready.

It is understandable that people are being impatient, but considering the problems encountered with PayPal, I am sure you can understand that Eagle wants to make sure that things will work properly next time around.

If you think ED is going to give you a detailed explanation on what goes on between them and PayPal, then you can think again.

- JJ.

You are correct, EDs level of communication has be dismal so far, no need to expect that to change anytime soon I supposed.

you cant do "login" stuff via ip, seeming most ppl have dynamic ips

True, but there are also things as ip bands i believe they are called.. Your ISP has a certain pool of ip numbers.. so if it comes from say 82.161.2.161, or 82.161.45.276 it is regarded as within an allowable band of ip adresses. IP adresses can also be seen as fysical locations. At the moment i am testing for a video app that shows you you country based on ip adresses, and it is possible to go a lot more exact then that.

Koriel out

You are correct, EDs level of communication has be dismal so far, no need to expect that to change anytime soon I supposed.

I am not going to argue with you on this.

You are not entitled to inside information on what goes on between ED and its business partners - period!.

- JJ.

JJ

You are not entitled to inside information on what goes on between ED and its business partners - period!.

- JJ.

We are not interesed in knowing information between ED and its business parners, all we want is some information abouth the release of the game, we've been more than patient, and still no information. This is getting very stupid.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are not interesed in knowing information between ED and its business parners....

Kevlon,

I was replying to this post by Force Feedback...

It's just too bad we're kept in the dark, while others are playing 1.1. I don't think they have troubles with verisign, I think paypal is argueing with ED.

And don't whine about my speculations, just release an official statement.

...explaining that whatever the problem between Paypal and ED will remain between them.

... all we want is some information abouth the release of the game, we've been more than patient, and still no information. This is getting very stupid.

And as I told Force Feedback the information on new payment method will be given when the information is there to be given....so to speak :) .

- JJ.

JJ