When can we buy the damn game?

I mean, cool, ED has a dispute with paypal, fine, don't care anymore. When will we get other means of downloading this add-on? And I don't want to hear "soon" or "in 3-4 weeks".

There are people out there playing 1.1, and I and others can't because paypal and ED got some issues.

This is no troll topic, just informational (the paypal/ED issues should be discussed in the "wtf is wrong with pp" or something topic.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I mean, cool, ED has a dispute with paypal, fine, don't care anymore. When will we get other means of downloading this add-on? And I don't want to hear "soon" or "in 3-4 weeks".

There are people out there playing 1.1, and I and others can't because paypal and ED got some issues.

This is no troll topic, just informational (the paypal/ED issues should be discussed in the "wtf is wrong with pp" or something topic.

That's all right. Fact is that most people who this product purchase, are for a long time lomac

Hard core Gamer. We have waited on release of lomac a year ago. we have waited on release of 1.01. We have waited on release of 1.02. Well then we have waited on release of FC 1.1 since november 2004. Now at last ED release it. We have pays our money.

With PayPal and no FC1.1 get. We'll the money fetch back of PayPal. Now we will again wait to pay with an other bank. This is a one-time operation, the it not yet gave with other Games all over the world. Do you understand our Frustation also please. This is a disaster for us.

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

In my opinion ED should announce when the Verisign payment method will be avaiable because we, the customers have right to know when we will be able tu buy the game. I would like not to hear "sooN" "as soon as possible" or other... Just give us a date... I wont have the money frozen forever!

GROM- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego

And how will ED give you the date if they don't know when they will be able to get it to work? Remember this is the first time they are doing this... If they give you a date, and they will not meet the deadline, hell will break loose on these forums once again... Do you really want that to happen?

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Well...

...to make things easier they've (ed) could have removed the "The LockOn: Flaming Cliffs is available!" link from the index-page at lockon.ru and instead posted a short description about the situation. That was the place where potential buyers came first. Would have saved about 100 topics at the forum. Can't see that taking more than 30 seconds for the worlds greatest dev's! :frowntobi

979ss.jpg

read the post by Waggs yesterday, its in there.

Oh well, I emptied my pp account, just let's hope such things will never happen again.

Can somebody tell in specifics wether we'll be able to use bank transfer to pay through Verisign, or that it will be CC only.

Sorry about my previous reaction, I was just a bit frustrated that others are playing 1.1 and we are lurking on the forums.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Actually it smells more like a potential thief.

Now why would that be?

Contrary to what you would expect with a company who's trying to sell their products ED appears not to care about making sales. I say APPEARS as I know that they are probably working very hard at solving this matter.. But what is actually being done, and what people perceive as being done are two completely different issues..

What is lacking most is an official presence on this forum who can tackle any (perceived) issues as soon as they crop up, even if it means telling people that they are working on an issue, and just showing that ED cares by being a continuous presence on the forum. I know that you and Matt are helping ED out, but since you guys are not always in the know when a matter crops up it doesn't count as an official presence.

What potential customers see is a company blundering their way into the Capitalist market ;) Even though LockOn 1.1 is a very niche product ED manages to p*ss off a lot of people with their cumbersome activation procedure and limited activations.. Yes I know that people can re-activate after sending emails again.. but sheeshh who do they think they are protecting 1.1 from? The casual gamer? Who cares!!! They won't buy the addon anyway.. ED needs to care for their customers... Every Flightsim enthusiast will buy the game anyway. And since there are quite some bugs in 1.1 it only stands to reason that a patch will have to be done, and then the whole thing will start over again.

To tell the truth, I would have bought the game weren't it for the activation issues.. Then I though about waiting for a cracked version and then buying the addon... And now I just don't know anymore.. To buy or not to buy ??

Right now I am leaning towards the "not buying", and not even trying for a cracked version...

But before you start telling me to p*ss of then.. I am keeping an eye on 1.1 development in case activation, payment and in game issues are being solved and I can justify paying for 1.1 (or 1.2)

Koriel out

Things are probably a bit simpler than that. Suspect what ED are doing with this release is treating it as a dry run for their first full program release on-line and without a publisher. In this case and this is not a bad thing we have been guinea pigs to test out ED's processes. Unfortunately three out of the four things that had to happen on this release went wrong ie Paypal, Starforce and customer communication. The one thing that did go well was the quality of the patch which seems to be outstanding. What we can hope for is that ED have learnt the lessons here for their next release and that they move quickly and let people know how they resolve the issues with this release. For many of us this is to wait until the CD version is available but it would have been better if ED were a bit more open on their plans and took care of their customers rather than using them as test beds for future payment methods.

I hope that ED will throw away StarForce in future projects, I had problems with other game "protected" by Star Force. I talked with some computer geek and he told me that:

"StarForce jest niebezpieczny dla kompa- jego drivery omijają zabezpieczenia Windy i zyskują najwyższe priorytety, przez co otwieraja teoretycznie droge wirusom i trojanom (w tym sensie, że diabli biorą róznice między procesem o najwyzszym priorytecie a procesem uzytkownika), poza tym sterowniki SF nie usuwają się do końca nawet ich własnym narzędziem i ponoc powodują destabilizację kompa i problemy z napędami optycznymi. A jeżeli masz naped SCSI to w ogóle przestaje działać (bo kretyni uznali że tylko wirtualne sa na SCSI wiec je zablokowali)"

*ENGLISH*

StarForce is dangerous for your computer- his drivers evade Windows protection and gets the highest prioritets, thats why they can open their way for viruses and trojans (because diferences between highest prority process and user process are being "mixed") Moreover StarForce drivers can not be "fully delated" even if you use their own tools and can make destabilisation of your OS and problems with disk drivers. (If you have SCSI drive it won't work because **** guys from Star Force treat them as "virtual" so they blocked them)

ThirdELTPoznan;

You didnt tell your geek WHICH version of StarForce you wanted to know about did you?

Ver 3.4 does not have the problem an earlier version was reported to have had.

StarForce drivers CAN be fully deleted.

I told him that its ver. 3.4 like you wrote me in other thread. He also wrote that this is not full name of version it must be sth like 3.4.x.x

Besides your own pet geek can you find any other source that says 3.4 is vector for viruii and trojans? Ask your geek to get you the references.

Ok... Listen to that: some time ago I had FIA GT game, it was also Star Force protected, while the game was on my HD I couldn't burn any CD, with music or any other files... After I uninstalled the game everything was ok.

EDIT: http://forums.adventuregamers.com/printthread.php?t=7487

I'd just like to use this thread to echo Koriel's points and to register the fact that there's another 'should-have-been dead cert to buy but now not so sure if it's worth the bother what with this Starforce and Paypal business' user out there.

As a persistent lurker I am well aware of how anyone who voices an unfriendly opinion is treated. I'm also aware of how irritating the trolls and babies who scream about their 'rights' can be, but then if those of us who are being put off by these goings-on don't speak up a bit then the people who decide such matters will think that only a vocal and immature minority dislike invasive copy-protection schemes and blunder on regardless.

Infact I'd suggest a poll - not along the lines of 'would you rather' or 'do you like' but simply 'does it affect your decision to buy'. At least then a bean counter or two might have some sums to do (approximate number of sales in a niche market vs number of those niche people put off).

*Blimey I'm feeling my age - I'll be saying things like 'your vote counts' soon!*

Right then, back to lurking.....

--edited for spelling - Doh!

Infact I'd suggest a poll

The best poll are sales numbers. ED will see if it was worth all the fuzz. We can only decide to buy or not to buy. Actually IMO these threads have (and should have) little effect on ED. Ppl on these forums are in no way representative for all customers.

You're absolutely right. Sales figures are what counts. Is that why UBI and ED parted company?

And as for people on these forums not being representative - outside the Eastern Bloc just how many ways are there of purchasing FC? And how's the ad campaign going?

Anyway, I can't hang around here moaning any longer, I need to go and invent new and interesting justifications for the grand or so I just spent upgrading my rig (including a Cougar). How long till BoB?