Frazer Demo 2

Frazer

I flew the new 2010 demo today with some upgraded maneuvers over the 2008 display. My team mate Sawamura visited my house and brought his new camera and so we recorded the flight from the desk.

We plan to make a new video from this demo in the same style as the so called "Frazer Demo", created by EvilBivol-1.

For now, enjoy the track. :)

Frazer Demo 2.trk

Edited by Frazer
  • Like 6

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was that a "Reverse Cartwheeling Funnel Maneuver" i saw....wow. :shocking:.@.:joystick:

Thanks for the .trk file.....Makes one hell of a difference to watch/study.

What can i say, but.... EXCELLENT!!....to you FRAZER. :thumbup:

Edited by SkidMark
  • Like 1

Great skill Frazer.

Can you show me axis curve setings in screenshot ?:)

Well that is very simple, all default....

In my opinion you should not use curves. It is a helicopter and the stick center is relayed on the curve every time you trim. The same counts for deadzones though older joysticks with a lot of center play may require some deadzone on the roll and rudder axis.

Edited by Frazer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome! What settings do you have the AP in? Any time I try to make manuvers I need to hold the trimmer down or I have the fight the AP wanting to steer back to the heading I last trimmed at. And trimming over and over really seems ineffective since you have to center each time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome! What settings do you have the AP in? Any time I try to make maneuvers I need to hold the trimmer down or I have the fight the AP wanting to steer back to the heading I last trimmed at. And trimming over and over really seems ineffective since you have to center each time.

Awesome yes!!! I want to know that too???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I have Bank Hold and Pitch Hold on, everything else off.

This doesn't mean though that this is the best mode for you, it is rather a preference. All maneuvers can be flown with Flight Director on aswell.

Thanks...!!!! Are you using pedals?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

The "click/clack" you hear comes from my Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. ;)

I knew i heard the sound before.... sounds the same under my desk ;-)

And to your video ... I will not tell you that you are good ... I dont like to tell people stuff which they allready know ;-)

schnarre

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

The "click/clack" you hear comes from my Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. ;)

Ok I thought that was the Trim sound... Thanks!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trimmers are not used during this display, more or less because it all goes too quick to apply trim and "muscular memory" is lost a bit since every time you trim the outcome is a somewhat different.

In reality they do use trim, also at displays, though the X52 Pro is quite a bit easier to slam around compared with the real thing ofcourse. :joystick: :D

Edited by Frazer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In reality they do use trim, also at displays, though the X52 Pro is quite a bit easier to slam around compared with the real thing ofcourse. :joystick: :D

Why would that be? Are you referring to the handling of the machine or the actual force it would require?

Because as far as force goes, in an hydraulically augmented flight control system (like you have in the KA50)

you hardly need any force to move the stick. Especially when holding the trimmer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

The force trim springs (also called trim feel springs or just feel springs) will cause quite a bit of fatigue if you fight them without trimming.

Absolutely true.

I flew in a military Mi-8 simulator at MAKS 2009 and 2007 which has a similar trimming system as the Ka-50 and those springs are quite heavy (the way it should be).

To give you an idea of how heavy it is, when I pressed the trim button I gave unwilling control inputs because the pressure was released very rapidly and my arms were still forcing the stick in that direction.

In 2007 I still had no clue how these trim systems worked and I thought, damn...."this sucks" lol.

In 2009 I had one year DCS Blackshark experience and it showed. I was flying aerobatics in a Mi-8! :D (the instructor was scared since I was not exactly gentle with the controls but heck, I had a great time!) :joystick: :D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In 2007 I still had no clue how these trim systems worked and I thought, damn...."this sucks" lol.

In 2009 I had one year DCS Blackshark experience and it showed. I was flying aerobatics in a Mi-8! :D (the instructor was scared since I was not exactly gentle with the controls but heck, I had a great time!) :joystick: :D

Oooohhhh... details! Details man! You can't just tease us like that. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I was flying aerobatics in a Mi-8! :D (the instructor was scared since I was not exactly gentle with the controls but heck, I had a great time!) :joystick: :D

I think he was scared of your aerobatic talent :P :D

DCS Rafale - please :thumbup: