what about activation left ?

Look for license:

One Lock On must be used on ONE PC.

Sorry.

He changes his hardware/computers. He didnt say he had mutliple computers its installed on.

Can you please be more precise, For example, im down to 2 activations and I only reinstalled once, hell it was making me re-activate from just joining MP games.

I would like to know from a ED guy like yourself what would happen? Contact starforce? Need my purchase ID? etc?

Look for license:

One Lock On must be used on ONE PC.

Sorry.

as i said, i use to change my hardware frequently, and i do not use my FC licence on several computer.

due to my job, and other personal reasons, i have the oportunity to switch hardware devices frequently.

I really understand your software policy, and respect the author right of your product. You have done a really respectful job with FC, so please don't consider i asked this question in order to proceed to several system installation. Never.

It is just really desapointing, to be restrited with an online subscription version, and not with a 'box' version.

Best regards

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=7582&page=1&pp=10

We are still waiting on yesterdays official word...

Guys I understand that you are concerned with these questions. But I ask to understand as well me; I am not authorized to solve a problem or to allow the information on marketing affairs. Believe, I personally apply efforts to solve as much as possible problems arising at users.

But do not ask me about that what I am not authorized to speak. I think, that our management will soon make the decision and will announce it.

Чиж ED

What is there about yesterday's answer that you don't understand?

i think he was saying there hasn't been an official word on what actions ED are taking on a resolution to the starforce issue. 'can't talk about it' isn't a resolution.

the starforce problems are a 'marketing issue'?????

i hope it's not the marketing guys making a decision on this.

i sincerely hope that consumer satisfaction is the driving priority.

What is there about yesterday's answer that you don't understand?

Yesterday's was a not answer, not an answer ;) .

What Chizh said was fair enough, he's not authorised to comment, and I think that's an example of the good part of the strategy - make one announcement once it's been agreed upon.

The downside is that Chizh's post doesn't constitute any sort of resolution, and doesn't indicate when that resolution might be forthcoming. It's understandable that people are still eager to hear more from Eagle.

I think they know theres about to be a `can of worms` opened hence the delay in an answer.

What would the problem be if you could only unlock 3 times in a month after your 5 or something ??? Or something along those lines... I dunno - it seems an awkward situation.

And realy the next peice of software everyone should buy would be something like (think was Rug said ) Accronis True Image -i got it now - put everything on you need - burn an image... pretty sorted after that.

Extract from the EULA:

To protect the link between the "Program" and your computer configuration, StarForce is used for such protection. If up to 40% of the hardware parameters of your computer have changed, you will be required to re-activate your "Program." After your initial activation, you have a total of four re-activations of the "Program."

The EULA does not specify that $$$ are required to re-activate. That's why I clicked "I accept". "re-activate" and "pay again" are 2 different things. So what we want to know is: For ED, is the EULA "just for fun"? Well, let's just wait two more weeks for a free and SFless answer :D

Extract from the EULA:

The EULA does not specify that $$$ are required to re-activate. That's why I clicked "I accept". "re-activate" and "pay again" are 2 different things. So what we want to know is: For ED, is the EULA "just for fun"? Well, let's just wait two more weeks for a free and SFless answer :D

Hmm... I thought you can activate 5 times for free. Theoratically you can install Lock On on 5 different computers and use those 5 activations. For one key you get 5 free activations. New key = $$$. So the EULA sounds right to me.

What seems to cause all the mess, is the fact that they didn't include any tool to backup your activation key in the registry for a certain hardware configuration.

Or did I get something wrong?

You don't even have to change hardware... I tried starting 1.1 on the same machine but a different user - it wanted to activate

Copying the key in the registry should work here.

I haven't bought FC yet. I only read the documentation on SF. So I appreciate any clarification.