White screen

Revencher

• 2 weeks later...

Well Revencher, we know what the error is. :)

Most likely you have an ATI graphics card (maybe even a Radeon x1950 or similar), and your graphics drivers are having an issue with something called OpenGL which is used by the singleplayer menu.

To verify that this is indeed the error, please start multiplayer. If that loads to a proper menu but singleplayer don't, then this is the issue.

What you should then do is to first go into your graphics card settings - usually available through right-clicking the desktop and see if you've got anything named Catalyst. In there you should find something called "Catalyst AI". Disable that and then try again.

If that doesn't work, you'd need to change version of your graphics card drivers. This doesn't involve programming.

If you want an easy way to let us see the exact hardware and driver versions you are using without being too technical yourself, see the sticky thread in this section named "help us help you" and follow the directions to create a DxDiag file, then attach it here. (To attach files, select "go advanced", then find the paperclip icon, and upload the file.)

EDIT: Link to the thread I mentioned: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=44466

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Here's your problem:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Radeon X1950 Pro
[...]
Driver Date/Size: 9/29/2009 21:20:42, 549376 bytes

So Tez was correct. Option one in the FAQ entry he linked should be your solution, so start with disabling Catalyst AI in your Catalyst Control Center. If this does not work, as is sometimes the case with the x1950 specifically, then you will need to install an older version of the driver since the newer ones have a known bug that causes the behaviour you are observing. In that case I would suggest version 8.12 of Catalyst, which canbe retrieved here: http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=18 and at http://downloads.guru3d.com.

Ensure that you select a version for 64bit Windows XP, NOT 32-bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

What weapons are missing from the A10 in FC 1.12?

The answer to your question is one I don't have though, since I am not on the team testing that product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Its the load out. the A-10 can cary more weapons on its internal pilons. in game i can only put 1 bomb or mav.

does the expantion to Lock on chang that?

i also herd that u guys might be making an Apache or Mi-24 sim?

and where can i fiend the posts on the A 10?

Edited by Revencher

I don't think FC2 changes the payload aspect of the A10A, but I haven't checked. If you have some pictures of A-version A10's carrying extra weapons on the inboard stations that would be interesting to see though

Information about DCS:A10 will be released sometime early next year. However, if you go to the SIMHQ website it has an article about the I/ITSEC conference where TFC were displaying the military A10C DTS software that DCS:A10 will be based on.

On Mi24 and Apache, there are no official decisions made on those. There are at least some work done on them (I've seen cockpit models for them and the F16) but whether or not that will make it into part of a DCS product (and at which time) is unknown. For now the only officially announced in-production products are DCS:A10C and Flaming Cliffs 2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I've just come to reinstall, reativate since I lost my system to a RAID-0 failure.

I got the same whitescreen problem - the menu screen was functional but blank image elements, making it impossible to use.

I updated my graphics (Nvidia) card driver, rebooted, now it works.. :-)

--

L u c a s d i g i t a l

Mark Lucas

http://www.lucas-digital.com