Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

This is great news and had me reconsider my previous stance on DCS:BS - I just ordered it and are downloading it as I type this. Guess I have some reading/practice to do in the Ka-50 before FC 2.0 arrives (will buy that as well and so will a couple of friends who are strictly jetjocks)!

I think this will open up a new era of "combined arms" flying on-line and unite LO:FC/DCS pilots all over the globe, great move ED!

PS: A dedicated server on top of this would be the icing on the cake so to speak ;)

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ka-50 can be a bit of a beast to handle in the beginning, but please don't hesitate to ask for help up in the DCS section when you get there. No matter how silly you might feel we've probably all been there at some point. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

This is great news Thank you.

Wags you said:

"

Originally Posted by Wags viewpost.gif

Dear all,

However, I can tell you now that we plan a disc version of a complete FC 2.0 install (no 1.12 needed) that will use online activation (we will not use a disc check again). This would likely be released in the Spring of 2010. A base copy of Lock On would still be needed."

Will the download version require a full install of 1.12 + FC or will you be able to install 2.0 directly with just a check of the FC CD as proof of purchase ? .... ideal solution imo.

This is great news and had me reconsider my previous stance on DCS:BS - I just ordered it and are downloading it as I type this.

/KC

Oh you are in for a treat, I was never a Helo type of guy, but Black Shark was such an eye opener. Lock On will never be the same after Black Shark. You will find yourself looking around the cockpit of the SU,F-15 or A-10 wondering what all the switches do.

Nate

Oh you are in for a treat, I was never a Helo type of guy, but Black Shark was such an eye opener. Lock On will never be the same after Black Shark. You will find yourself looking around the cockpit of the SU,F-15 or A-10 wondering what all the switches do.

Nate

nothing.. lol :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering... how will FC 2.0 compare, performance-wise, to FC 1.12? Will system requirements change to higher ones from the originals required to play FC or will existing hardware currently able to run FC smoothly be sufficient for 2.0?

That's so fun to see people so happy to pay 15$ for no new aircrafts and some old improvements which could be out since 2 years... And I guess nothing have been done to improve CPU and GC management,... Wow, effectivly : thy ED... L.O.L²

It's not about the Money...;)

I'd venture a guess that it's about the fact that the Developer has taken time to Consider the Views and Suggestions from it's Client-Base and proceeded to Deliver accordingly.

Will it be Enough? Personally, Hell Yeah! Having Regard to Conduct Past, will probably never be enough to satisfy some........:music_whistling:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

yes, I agree, the FC 2.0 is a very great news as I've already written at the begining of the thread... but I also have a few fears about it, especially for the framerate. As everyone here is so happy, my dissident opinion is not so important.

I stop arguing because it's not constructive. I'll wait and probaby by this "patch" @ 15$... That's not so much.

Lothamroth - www.Lockon.Fr - Vimeo Channel - Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"death by MOD"? :huh:

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

"death by MOD"? :huh:

+1

:megalol:

Cannot wait to hear the explanation.......:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I know that it's way too obvious, but just in case, all aircraft (and ground unit) 3D models from Black Shark will be implemented on Lock On 2.0?

Numerous new, highly detailed ground units including infantry:D

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||