Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this language difference intended or both mean something like better modelled phisics for both AI and player controlled aircrafts?

Something like that.

new flight model at the level of Su-25 of Flamming Cliffs?

No.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Really wish I could port all of my old missions over to this new game... It would be nice just to be able to import objects (even just the aircraft) and heir waypoints..

I'm not sure you've noticed,... FC 2.0 will replaced the Crimean/Russian LO map with the Russian/Georgian of DCS,... So, except if I've misunderstood, even the waypoints of your plane can't be import.

Lothamroth - www.Lockon.Fr - Vimeo Channel - Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Q: When will Flaming Cliffs 2.0 be available?

A: We plan to make the upgrade available for download from the Eagle Dynamics website in January 2010

Will there be other payment options by then on the ED website?

I would have preferred to also buy DCS:BS from there but couldn't because i don't have an credit card.

Now im stuck whit direct 2 download......

I hope something like PayPal or click and buy would be added to the list of payment options.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Well finally maybe all you ECM blinkers and missile dodgers running along the deck will learn a few things about better missile defense I hope :) Hopefully the new missiles will give a better representation of BVR. Any news of significant BVR improvement?? Or am I just hoping for things that won't be changed?? I have complained about them to people for a while :( outside the ED forums.

We shall see!! I am glad to see some news of upgrades. Thanks ED!!! :matrix:

Edited by 44th_Rooster

ASROCK Z77 Pro4, I5 3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX 760SC, Corsair TX750W, Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme, Solid State Hard Drive, Full Homebuilt Cockpit, TM HOTAS Wartpig, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TrackIR-5 w/TrackClip Pro, Vizio 42inch 1080p Monitor, Windows 7 64bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U just made my day, week....a year!

THANKS ED BIG TIME and THANKS WAGS for spreading the word!

Early 2010 sounds great, my birthday's on March 19th and my wife just learned what should she get me, I always wanted a son but FC-2.0 is a better gift!

There's a few questions not covered in Q&A post #2 so I'll dare to ask if you don't mind!

1) Is it download version only or is there also a chance of buying the CD/DVD version of LOFC2.0?!

- Dunno why, but I'm kinda old fashioned and I play LOFC 1.12a on 2 different computers that get their operating systems reinstalled very often so I'm not really fond of using activations (better said afraid of wasting all of them very soon)! Of course, I'll also buy a DL version as soon as it's out but really a old good CD/DVD like Flaming Cliffs 1.1 would mean a lot to me, so at least consider some limited hard copy edition (collectors edition) for die-hard fans like me!

2) LOFC 2.0 will take us to a DCS:Ka-50 level of detail, right?! Can we expect similar FPS?

- So systems running Black Shark w/o stuttering and with good FPS are good enough for FC2.0 too?

3) Any new 3D models except Su-25?

- In one of the screenshots I saw the old F-15C which is a shame (IMHO). Did you consider 3GO Su-27?!

4) I've logged like 700 hours with MiG-29A and 150 in a Su-27 with FC 1.12a! Can I copy paste my log book from 1.12 to 2.0?

5) Would those Klimov RD-33 inside my MiG finally smoke?!

Thanks Eagle Dynamics!

I Love You!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not sure you've noticed,... FC 2.0 will replaced the Crimean/Russian LO map with the Russian/Georgian of DCS,... So, except if I've misunderstood, even the waypoints of your plane can't be import.

Yes, I read that. But some of the maps from Lockon and BS will be covering the same area. So if a mission is located in an area covered by both maps maybe something can be done? A mod or tool or something..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

2) LOFC 2.0 will take us to a DCS:Ka-50 level of detail, right?! Can we expect similar FPS?

- So systems running Black Shark w/o stuttering and with good FPS are good enough for FC2.0 too?

This is highly unlikely.

GG already responded above to a question asking wether the flight models would be at the level of the new Su-25 added in FC (1). The response was "No".

Unless this was meant as a "No, even better" I think we can assume that the new flightmodels will NOT be as high fidelity as Black Shark's, but just improved over their old flightmodels.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Thanks ED! :holiday: :notworthy:

• Like 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Will Lockon Gold be re-released for all those who may not have it now?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

What a surprise, ED finaly did it!! Thanks Wags, you are the man, I knew it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Home Premium 64bit, Intel Core i5-760 (2.8-3.33), GigaByte GA-P55-USB3, be quiet PurePower BQT L7 530W ATX23, CoolerMaster CM690II Adv, LG GH22LS, HD 500GB WD5001AALS, 6 GB Kingston 1333-999 Blu, Sapphire 1GB HD5850 Vapor-X OC, Scythe Yasya SCYS-1000, display LG E2350VR-SN 23"

Question

I understand DCS & Lock On will be mp compatible but will you be able to open a single program - lets say DCS - and play with the Black Shark and all the Lock On aircraft without switching back and for?

To INVENT an Airplane is Nothing.

To BUILD One is Something.

But to FLYis EVERYTHING.

- Otto Lilienthal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

wow and this information wasn't released to SIMHQ first?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||