Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

Yes, we are "close". Mostly just squashing a few more bugs, tuning some radar/missile BVR issues, and testing BS/FC2 MP.

Ok, this is 9 months from what date? How is this close? Is this 9 months from November or from when the project first began behind closed doors?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update - 30 bucks is fine for me, and I would gladly pay more, if there was an option to have FC2.0 as a stand-alone installation without the need of UBI's LockOn.....

Anyway, 30$ is more than fair, since really good simulations live (almost) forever and are so much more worth than the average video-game........

basic

for translators ...

Ok, this is 9 months from what date? How is this close? Is this 9 months from November or from when the project first began behind closed doors?

They were already working in june according to forum post in the announcement section. So 9 months would be right now, march.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

I can live with the price bump, especially given that FC 1.1 is included. I just want to know when I can get my hot little hands on it. :greedy: Any word on a release time frame other than "close"?

Edited by GhostDog
typo
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

When FC 2 is out the door, a promo goes out the door ;)

Then of course, Project 10 will be rolling asap.

Nao, where's that door, I'll gently open it for you all XD

PD: Ok ok just joking, waiting patiently :)

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

I also read Wags' news as a delay announcement.

When FC2 was announced mid-November he talked about a January release, that would have been the two months. If he now says 9 instead of two, that would make August 2010 the new target time window.

Did I get that wrong?

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

FC2 development started around June 2009.

6 + 3 = March. Wheee!! :bounce::bounce:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

At the end of the Day it's important to realize that for us Virtual Simmers, LockOn/DCS is nothing more than a Hobby. Granted, it plays an important part of our daily 'Ritual', some more than others, but face it, it's a Hobby! Any more and you'd do well to reflect on your priorities.

For ED/TFC on the other hand, it's their Livelihood, their Job, it's what they do to Bring home the Bacon, so to speak. As such any delay in the Development Cycle is the last thing that they need, or want, and affects them more than it can ever affect us 'Hobbyists'.

With that in mind, any Delay is easily stomached. I am, after all, a Patient Man. Then again, that's just me...........

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I also read Wags' news as a delay announcement.

Yes, That's how I interpreted it, and I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I have no issue with paying as much as $40 (any more would be unreasonable) but I like how it includes both FC1 and FC2.

If it is counting from June, then march will be the release date, assuming they don't slap another few months on it.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

So to reward us all with the longer than announced release, they are charging us more because they feel that their time in developing and adding extra content (we have yet to see or judge) should justify a 100% price increase.

I am sorry, but this stinks and the timing of the announcement ie just before launch, STINKS.

I am quite lucky to be able to afford this without any inconvenience, but I will not be purchasing it or any other DCS release from now on as this way of handling business is truly criminal.

I have loved every release you guys have made and have happily purchased the games and accompanying manuals with gusto, but this is a sorry state of affairs.

I look forward to hear how the community receives your timely announcement.

I am sure many will happily pay top dollar for this no doubt awesome add on, but will they be truly happy with the way it has been handled?

I will let their conscience decide.

I never thought I would post a derogatory post about DCS on any forum, I am truly p****d off with this announcement.:cry:

• Like 1

Well I don't want to be rude but lets face it, ED's primary job is not making sims for general public but for military contracts... so this is ED's side job, not main job. I sure can afford the new price but I too am not very happy about either the delay or the price increase as after all this is kind of a patch for FC grated it does have new features from DCS so kinda even... anyway estimated 9 months for every DSC module will seem to never hapen, not even close by the looks of it but I am not surprised... we've all been waiting for this patch/fix for FC for what seems forever... at least if Wags announcement would include that release is iminent and I would be bit happier... anyway... I'm back in the waiting queue... bring on that FC 2.0... my wallet is itching, if I don't pull it out soon I will develop serious rash ;)

No longer active in DCS...

So do I. Notice I didn't censor or ban him.

GG the man is entitled to his opinion. I don't agree with him, but he has every right to express it, following such an announcement.

Nate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

^^^^

Obviously you must like working for free.

Easy now. If that's how he feels, that's how he feels. He's entitled. After all, it's ED asking for his money, not vice-versa.

....but he has every right to express it....

No doubt everyone has a right - Freedom of Expression et al. It's how you elect to express your Opinion that matters. To act like a Horse's A$$ in expressing said Opinion (not referring to above post I hasten to add) will not entitle you to hide from Recriminations behind the Veil of 'A Right to Express'.......Gotta keep that in mind when attempting what should be a Constructive Contribution to any discussion ;)

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The reliability of a retail price announcement is usually higher than that of a release date, but only because of that, it is not important at all to keep that "promise".

Have you ever seen a car tagged at a price close to what they announced it would cost when they announced the development?

When ED/TFC says it's now 30.- instead of 15.- and by that we only cover the costs, that's justified.

If PMDG calls up €55.- for a single aircraft MSFS add-on (MD-11), that price is justified because of the quality and the sytem depth.

If ED said they wanted 50.- per FC2 copy to hire 5 new programmers to speed up DCS development, that would also be justified.

Everyone should think about their total flying hours of fun in that game and compare it to the price of a CoD:MW2 with its 8 hours SP content.

Even if LO/DCS would cost 100.- per year to play online, it would still be a bargain compared to what one spends for and gets from pay-tv, cigarettes or booze...

Edited by Woodstock
  • Like 2

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

The reliability of a retail price announcement is usually higher than that of a release date, but only because of that, it is not important at all to keep that "promise".

Have you ever seen a car tagged at a price close to what they announced it would cost when they announced the development?

When ED/TFC says it's now 30.- instead of 15.- and by that we only cover the costs, that's justified.

If PMDG calls up €55.- for a single aircraft MSFS add-on (MD-11), that price is justified because of the quality and the sytem depth.

If ED said they wanted 50.- per FC2 copy to hire 5 new programmers to speed up DCS development, that would also be justified.

Everyone should think about their total flying hours of fun in that game and compare it to the price of a CoD:MW2 with it's 8 hours SP content.

Even if LO/DCS would cost 100.- per year to play online, it would still be a bargain compared to what one spends for and gets from pay-tv, cigarettes or booze...

Let's not get carried away. I like having a semi-affordable hobby. :D

^^^^

Obviously you must like working for free.

alot of moders do...

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I take issue with the fact that with the original announcement the price was stated to be 15 USD only to be doubled much later on. I don't think many would have minded if it started at 30 and stayed there, but to increase the price tag after its well advertised seems sketchy for me. After all you announced the project a few months after it had already ran over schedule, you knew the condition it was in, you could have guessed how much longer it was gonna take. I understand that the development cycle was way longer than originally anticipated, but seriously, quit reading the "How to make Games" book by 3D Realms. It's obviously a bad example to inspire your production cycle.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I have no problems with the price increase. I'm sure it's worth it. Compared to what you pay for other games, I think flight sims are "cheap" considering the long time enjoyment you get compared to most games.

It's not easy to survive without making money :(