Did you move to Win7? Report in please.

Win7 Professional ($30 + $13 for DVD for full version because of school and it is NOT a limted student version). Love it. Upgraded (clean install) from XP to W7 and haven't looked back.

If you are a student and you can qualify for the discount from Digital River, go for it.

Intel Q9550 (3.5GHz), Zotac GTX 275 AMP! (700MHz), 2x2GB Corsair dominator

Edited by lawndartleo

Win7 Professional ($30 + $13 for DVD for full version because of school and it is NOT a limted student version). Love it. Upgraded (clean install) from XP to W7 and haven't looked back.

If you are a student and you can qualify for the discount from Digital River, go for it.

Intel Q9550 (3.5GHz), Zotac GTX 275 AMP! (700MHz), 2x2GB Corsair dominator

No issues with your games or gaming equipment, or drivers and stuff?

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

I recently got Windows 7 64bit Home Premium (previsouly was on XP Pro) and I see it as improvement in just about anything (need workaround for enabling v-sync only - ATI card here)

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. Did a Dual boot on a clean drive so Win7 on one and Vista 64 the previous oS on the other.

FC works just fine though I needed Alchemy for the sound fix (Creative card). Reference V synch I set it in nvidia control panel to be permanently on . I don't see any tearing with rapid panning movement in FC so I figure its working.

Kuky and Ivan,

Thank you for your inputs. It's increasingly clear that life with Win7 (64bit) is a step up, but that it offers some of the usual challenges that come with a new OS (like Kuky's ATi/v-sinc work-around issue. Kuky, can you give a bit more detail about this issue, and solution? Maybe someone else has information beneficial to this problem?

I'd be starting from scratch with my new gaming rig, including a new GPU, mobo and OS. Win7 just seems the obvious selection. Thanks to you guys again for sharing.:thumbup:

Flyby out

thanks Kuky. that was excellent. I hope I remember that if I ever have such a problem.

wish me luck guys. Next month I'm in for a double hip replacement (Dec23, then Jan 8th ) ought to be a piece of cake, then I'll be able to dance on my rudder pedals again. ;) meanwhile I'm still driving a stick!! (02 WRX) it's hell getting in and hell getting out though! :D

My last version of windows (a long story) is Win-XP upgrade. I actually upgraded from WinME.:D It was a gaming 32bit system running a P4-2.8c, and a 6800 Ultra. Now I own an i7-920 (just the processor so far). I'm thinking, and someone critique me here, of going with Win7HP-64 bit. But I wonder if I'd be well served to buy an OEM version if I'm only going to game with the system? I know the HP version is limited to 16gb of system ram. I figure it will be a while before I actually need more ram than that. Also I'm looking at the ASRock X58 Extreme as a mobo, and it has the capacity to handle 24gtb of system ram were I ever to need it (but that means upgrading to some other Win7 version) which is OK by me. The OEM would save me a few bucks, but I'd be somewhat hindered in not being able to use it on more than one system (not a problem at the moment).

Advice? SPare change?

Flyby out

Go for it I have the same version and loves it! Win7 HP 64bit FTW! (And I've hated all the previous Windows versions at first, even XP. But not this one I love it with a passion... well maybe not that much but you get the idea.)

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

Guest last_hopes

Did you move to Win7 Report in please

As i said a few monts ago I got the M-audio Xponent. Unfortunately it is not very suitable for Resolume. You can scratch videos with the jogs but it is very big and not very comfortable to use for VJ purpose. I am keeping the M-Audio X-Session Pro for and the Xponent is for DJing.

Windows 7 64bit here, very happy with it. Now if ED would produce a 64bit exec, then I would be happier. ;)

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Win7 64 ultimate here (the ultimate, because i will work from home occasionally, and the extra XP-License for VirtualPC, where all the work stuff will be installed, seemed a good bonus to me), otherwise the home premium would have been 'enough'.

apart from a few old games not installable (probably requiring more effort than just starting in compability mode) i am quite happy with it.

Together with the new core i7-920 DCS:BS works like a charm now (only replayed some of the demo-tracks), even though i kept the old graphics (ATI 4850). My old X2 4200+ had troubles working 1680x1050, and now 2560x1600 looks fine:thumbup:

sounds good to me, Wolfenstein. ;) I trust some of those older games will gain your favor one day, and that you'll go through the absolute living hell required to get them running on Wini7. :D

Flyby out

btw, thanks for posting your results. good to see DCS:BS doing well on your ri.g