Not Able To Join Online Games!!

You know... I have the same problem... I try and join what I see is 9 players ina game and I select join and My game starts...I get to the waiting area and I see no planes to choose.. Buit there are about 9 or 10 players allready in game.....

But, it dosen't happen with every server.. It sometime works.. and most of the time. I can't joing..

Never happenes with 1.02..

Weird !!!

OK what now geeeezus

I can host fine but my joystick buttons are all changed when someone joins the mission...like my gearbrake button on my stick works...till someone else joins the mission and it then changes to the cannon button!!?!?!?!?!?!

And all my other buttons stop working!!!

May be this will help:

MP timeouts may be tune in

D:\11-fr-2\Config\network\config.lua

gameTimeout = 10;

pingPeriod = 1;

maxPacketSize = 500;

playerName = "noname";

idleTimeout = 120;

Rise these parameters for a server and client (timeout kick may be caused both - from a server and from a client).

posted in another thread with the same problems reported. Apparently this fix does help.

-Thomp

355th_THOMP.jpg

I have a same problem. I can join, select coalition/plane and then when I click on FLY and mission loads, mostly looks like server kicks me out on debrifing. Sometimes i find myself in cockpit with message "Press Pause (S) to Start" (!?) I can fly, but nobody can see me in servers players list. I suppose that server kicked me, but my game still running. Sometimes I get error message and the game crashes to desktop !

I can connect after about 20 tries :confused: and then everything is normal.

And there is one more strange thing: it takes a verry long time to mission to load (about 5 minutes) :icon_excl

Never had problems before (1.0, 1.01, 1.02) !

My config:

AMD64 Athlon 2800+

MB: Gigabyte K8NS

512 MB DDR 400

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

I'm connecting to the Internet through the NAT Router/Firewall.

Any advices ?

Thanks.

4clogo.jpg

myself and 3 other 504 members had the same problem.......it seems that 1.1 takes longer to load and ED have set the timeout setting LOW so when your game loads in the end youve actually been kicked !!!

This would seem to be a ED oversight and more and more players are having the same prob.

Resolution is to buy 1 gig of RAM !!

These are the setting that fixed my problem but it also needs to be server side :

MP timeouts may be tune in

x: your lockon install directory \Config\network\config.lua

gameTimeout = 600;

pingPeriod = 1;

maxPacketSize = 500;

playerName = "noname";

idleTimeout = 600;

Silenteagle ... just a thought here, but could it be that you've got the F16 mod on your system and because the server now forces its settings on you it is flipping out??

Has anyone else using the aircraft mods been able to join a game online?

Good point Cobra. ;)

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So no one here has any ideas on this...no devs know either!!??!?!?!?!?!!??!?

That would be total BS if i am not able to play online in 1.1!?!??!?!?!!

Calm down pal. Wait for a 1.1 patch. I know that waiting sucks, and you waited a lot, but thats all we can do. Even the devs cant do anything, except the patch of course.

Guys, I don't think this is a "patch" issue. We are simply not yet aware of all the nuances in the new settings. Chances are there is a simple fix. We just need to be patient and let things come in their order. Its the weekened and there're plenty of other important issues they've got to deal with come monday.

For my part, I can further what Han suggested, which is to raise the time-out number on both your and the host machine. Currently it stand at 10 sec. See if you can raise to 60 sec. or something and if that will help.

Let me know if that helps,

EB-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

You'll have to excuse my friend SilentEagle, he can be a little "hot headed" sometimes as I'm sure you can tell! This is why we call him "Screamin'Eagle" (or just Seagle) sometimes...:icon_wink

Thanks for everyone's input however and since it seems this is a rather big issue, I'm sure there will be a fix soon - but in the mean time we need to keep looking for solutions. I'll be giving it a shot tomorrow (not home yet) and who knows, I might run into the same problems myself? All we do in the Virtual Thunderbirds is online flying, so we do or die when it comes to this!!!

LawnDart

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

The problem is not the timeout but rather large multiplayer missions. Don't create missions with a 100 units and 20 AI planes, it takes FOREVER to load especially with the texture addon. I'm thinking of removing the textures to see if it reduces the loading time significatly.