1.1 Addon success rate: lets make some statistics.

1.1 Addon success rate: lets make some statistics.  

106 members have voted

1. 1. 1.1 Addon success rate: lets make some statistics.

• Nope, I had problems with payment system, awaiting for download still
    • I payed for it but I ran into copy protection issues.
    • Yeah I got it, but I had bugs wich keep me from playing correctly/if at all.
    • Appart from minor issues I have it running.
    • Yeah !Got it smoothly and shes purring like a kitten!

The amount of pepole having problems seems to be high and I would like to know roughly if they are a minority or a real problem.

I've expressed my concerns about the copy protection and aquisition method before, but while I didnt want to contribute for the histeria I still like to know as a custumer, the odds of getting stuck as well.

Do not post complain posts, theres enough threads for that just let us know your situation as you vote.

heres the question:

Did you got 1.1 running succsessfuly?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Paypal, download, install, activation, run. No problem whatsoever... purring like a kitten!

same here :)

However i am still abit afraid, the manual starforce activation needs internet. Its unimaginable what if someone lives way out in the bushes or jungle without internet..??? It can happen.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

I chose that 'Apart from minor issues ...' (only ONE p in apart :p ), but I feel I have to add that the issue I had in mind could be anything. Like textures going AWOL after Loman-ing in some skins for 1.02, MiG-29A_campaign.cmp apparently freezing up when starting the third mission, mig-29_last_chance.cmp putting you in the middle of the parking lot, and me without half a clue as to how to get the damn thing rolling... (R-ing TFM right now.) And then, of course, there's that matter with the self-shading gone missing too, but that should be ATI's fault. Damn the large corporations, etc.

All in all, minor issues indeed.

same here :)

However i am still abit afraid, the manual starforce activation needs internet. Its unimaginable what if someone lives way out in the bushes or jungle without internet..??? It can happen.

well, how can "someone who in jungle" can get 280mb FC setup file? :D

btw: starforce company also provide activation codes by email, fax or phone voice request.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Paypal, download, install, activation, run. No problem whatsoever... purring like a kitten!

Also an easy ride to get into up and fllyin'.

I wonder if the Stats will be skewed at all because the ones that did have an easy time are out there flying while happily while those with problems are stopping by the forum looking for answers?

Paypal, download, uninstall, install, activation, run. No problems whatsoever! :)

Same here my friends. I did a reinstall of my OS a week ago(side note). It's almost like my system is new and with the reinstall of Lockon & addon of FC the performance is smoking. Everything is beautiful :D:D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Also an easy ride to get into up and fllyin'.

I wonder if the Stats will be skewed at all because the ones that did have an easy time are out there flying while happily while those with problems are stopping by the forum looking for answers?

From what I've seen, none of the complainers will be shy about laying out their problems and voting. :icon_axe: :icon_axe:

And those who are happy would arrive at the forums hoping to confirm their love :icon_syda :icon_syda

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Thats the trouble, those who are happy rarely post as they are enjoying playing while those who have problems will come to complain while others who just hang around these forums with an axe to grind will just latch on to the negativity just to cause mischeif.

I had no problems with payment or download, I followed the instructions to install over a fresh copy of Lock On and it went very smoothly. My only concern are reports of a change in the way re-installs are deducted from your activation quota even if you have not changed any hardware. As it stands though Lock On runs just fine from me and I hope ED can make enough money from this to provide future add-ons to further enhance this flight sim.

9% is the rate of unsatisfyed custumers so far...keep it coming.

My PC specs below:

Paypall, download, installed, automatic activation, smooth as silk. No problems at all!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Paypall, download, installed, automatic activation, smooth as silk. No problems at all!

Same here and boy do I like my new 25T.

Those A-10's at HL may watch out now we a choice of weapons to ruin their day. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

No more firing 2 R-60's as I run. :p

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.

At ubi forums I got twice the unhappy people...but it had less votes as well.

So far those flying 1.1 seem to be a minority judging by the HL frequence, but the major servers have already swiched, and not surprisingly are having much less gamers than ususal. lets see how it evolves.

My PC specs below:

The problem with your poll is that those that are selecting the I'm happy I have had no problems are the ones that are not having to do another re-install for what ever reason, would they be ticking the same if they found they had to re-install and kiss good by to one or more activation tickets?

I don't understand how this problem could have got passed either ED or SF surely part of their testing involved multiple installs on the same machine to check the quality of the protection, which leads me to believe that this problem was known about before the product was released for download, even if they say a last minuet change to the software or protection is responsible for the error why wasn't it re-tested prior to release?

I have held off from buying FC simply because I thought there may have been some problems (because ED are newbies at selling stuff) and SF do not have a good rep as a stable copy protection system, plus ED have chosen to ignore repeated requests for an official announcement on what is the procedure for anyone who has purchased FC and used all their activation tickets, they should have been able to answer that on the first post asking the question, because they have got to have planned for this type of situation as part of the decision making on what type of copy protection they would be using, because SF would need to build in the ability to add extra tickets to the end user, so why have they stalled in answering what is a very important question from the end users?

The problem with your poll is that those that are selecting the I'm happy I have had no problems are the ones that are not having to do another re-install for what ever reason, would they be ticking the same if they found they had to re-install and kiss good by to one or more activation tickets?

I don't understand how this problem could have got passed either ED or SF surely part of their testing involved multiple installs on the same machine to check the quality of the protection, which leads me to believe that this problem was known about before the product was released for download, even if they say a last minuet change to the software or protection is responsible for the error why wasn't it re-tested prior to release?

I have held off from buying FC simply because I thought there may have been some problems (because ED are newbies at selling stuff) and SF do not have a good rep as a stable copy protection system, plus ED have chosen to ignore repeated requests for an official announcement on what is the procedure for anyone who has purchased FC and used all their activation tickets, they should have been able to answer that on the first post asking the question, because they have got to have planned for this type of situation as part of the decision making on what type of copy protection they would be using, because SF would need to build in the ability to add extra tickets to the end user, so why have they stalled in answering what is a very important question from the end users?

As stated by Dmut earlier, Eagle Dynamics will make an annoucement Monday regarding this SF issue.

This is getting kind of interesting. Maybe skewing the results of the poll too.

I have held off from buying FC simply because I thought there may have been some problems .......

Fubar says he holding off on buying 1.1 which of course he has his reasons for and it is his choice.

Yet he voted I payed for it but I ran into copy protection issues

And then we have Albatros voting Nope, I had problems with payment system, awaiting for download still

after he posted that he wasnt ready to buy it yet due to the re-activations issue.

I really would like to buy it - but not for this conditions.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=54437#post54437

Looks like there should have been 1 more category - maybe something like:

I haven't made a decision to buy it yet because of some concerns

If you look at the voting results you can see who voted in each category.

Everything went smooth as silk. I had a paypal account so that was not an issue. My DSL is slower than most so the dl took about 1.5 hours. Took the old LOMAC off my system, cleaned up, defragged, installed FC1.1. Activation went fine using the automatic method for the first one...I'll use manual for anything following if needed. Installed the season pack this morning with also no problems.

It's flying well and I am really impressed with the SU25T although I have to learn the RF birds to fly it. The A10 was great and I see some small FR increase on the order of 2-4%.

Maybe the problems people are having are directly proportional to their level of experience with downloads and activations or perhaps there needs to be a simple step-by-step set of directions for the whole process.

Thank you ED for an excellent expansion!

Blaster

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=54437#post54437

Looks like there should have been 1 more category - maybe something like:

I haven't made a decision to buy it yet because of some concerns

If you look at the voting results you can see who voted in each category.

Nope, this poll is about SUCESS RATE OF 1.1 add on, and not "who will buy 1.1"

So while they cheated on the voting, the extra option is not suitable for the purposes in mind when I wrote this poll.

The results have stabilized on 9% in the Ubi forums as well. Even though those 2 people didnt get the game yet we can see that nealry 10% are not satisfyed with the current situation.

In face of uncertainty I will wait for the CD boxed version. Untilll then all Online players can breath of relief! :D

My PC specs below: