409 KPH

ericinexile

The fastest I've managed to fly the Ka50 in level flight was around 330. Not satisfied with that I wanted to try it in a dive. With no shells, flares, and min fuel on a "standard" day I climbed to 1000m and began the dive. I've found that with the ball a little left of center it is pretty easy to survive but the descent rate is crazy as the collective has to be kept at low pitch to avoid low rotor rpm. The best I could manage was 409 (let's see the AH-64 do that). Curious if others have tried and would like to post their best.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Hi,

no need for low weight, just stay coordinated and drop collective to 1°, you can either survive a 90° dive from a couple of angels - you can do much more than 409 kph ;) - as I had around 480-490. But be careful at pullout:D.

Cheers!

Edited by VS461

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

Start high, at least 3000 meters, with lots of fuel, shells, and four fuel tanks. You will need the momentum during a fall.

Decrease collective to minimum, and push the cyclic forward. Once at 60 degrees below the horizon, trim. Push the cyclic further and do your best to maintain a 70-80 degree negative pitch. Watch the airspeed indicator on the HUD, and once it maxes out at 500, drop the fuel tanks and slowly start bringing the nose of the aircraft up. If you pull up too hard, the artificial gravity will tear your rotors from the helicopter. Don't be afraid of being at ten or twenty degrees below the horizon and still falling at 40-70 meters per second. Give it time. Apply collective when descending at a rate lower than 25 meters/second. Wait until your airspeed is down at 200 before giving it significant amounts of collective. Never use max collective until you are lower than 160 kph in the air.

Ahh negative...... rotors blew just after :Do

:megalol:

I lost HUD Groundspeed Indication and the Shkval Blew Up on the way down......Low and Slow is the Way to Go, It Seems :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I must be doing something seriously wrong in my flying.. If I get past 300 the machine starts behaving like cheese on a grater and rapidly turning into lots of smaller parts...

Don't worry this is normal. These speed runs are usually done in a dive with the collective bottomed out, to prevent blade strike.

Nate

The race for the sonic barrier has begun :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I have been in miltary helos in high speed dives with high G pullouts.. you would never be crazy enough to do that in real life.. the pilots that were flying with were off their nut doing what they were doing.. we came so close to the ground I could see whether the insects were male or female..

:doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Seriously I think people are getting a little bored with the Ka-50 module :P

Lol Yeah - Like Putting Flies in a Deep-Freeze and watching them Thaw and Semi-Buzz away - Sometimes you just have to have a Tinker and see what Breaks........:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok. Does anyone know how real are such speed values? 500-650 km/h? Is such speed achievable in real life and did someone reach anything close to that? I somehow expect the rotors to break apart at such speeds... :huh:

The flight model is amazing. But...

Supersonic flow must be hard to model. My belief is that so long as we remain within the real Ka50 flight envelope (<351KPH) we are seeing something close to real. After that, it is fiction. But its fun.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

First russian hypersonic helicopter :D

th_92426_ScreenShot_070_122_90lo.jpgth_92428_ScreenShot_071_122_423lo.jpgth_92434_ScreenShot_075_122_249lo.jpg

th_92435_ScreenShot_085_122_939lo.jpgth_92436_ScreenShot_087_122_840lo.jpgth_92441_ScreenShot_088_122_56lo.jpgth_92420_ScreenShot_091_122_409lo.jpg

P.S. I edited MaxHeight parameter in KA-50.lua (MaxHeight = "70000",)

:megalol:

What a Ride! :D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]