Afghanistan WIP

Batou

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Yes i am still working on low altitude texture to have better transition.

Has any progress been made on making a typical small Afghan village with walled compounds (see http://www.metavr.com/downloads/MetaVR_AfghanistanTerrain-Brochure.pdf), with levels of destruction?

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

For the latest news Batou intended to extend the map (East or Sud). He continues to work on Rivers and roads.

After that the next step should be airports.

Has any progress been made on making a typical small Afghan village with walled compounds
No, he didn't start this issue.

Amazing stuff can't wait to try it out. I Guess we're waiting till DCS-A10C at the earliest right
He's working with ED's terrain tools for DCS BS and FC. Don't know if DCS A-10C is compatible.

On my side I continue to work the new countries to add in. (recently added the ground troops (Vehicles))

Some skins for the Su-27 (Done 2 Uzbekistan and 1 Azerbaidjan skins), and think add China and Indian skins.

Su-25 skins are also programmed. And hoping that a New Mig-29 and F-16 3Dmodel will be avalaible to skin. There are many Mig-29 in the region.

Edited by Michelange

EVAC : French fighter school on LockOn: Flaming Cliffs

Moding tutorials at C6

Hello. Well done! :)

But it seems to me that the texture of the noise is too large stones. Maybe they need to do less? I would suggest to add a shrubs and elements of corrosion.

Good luck!

It is a quiclky made noise texture. I have to do it better...

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

• 1 month later...

I have finished the basic mesh of the map. (with border)

I works on airport now. There are some screen (WIP) of Mazar e sharif airport

afgh38.jpg

afgh37.jpgafgh39.jpg

afgh40.jpg

• Like 1

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

How detailed can be the elevation mesh? (I mean, like 15 meters/pixel for example). For the record, somebody at ED said the engine is limited to 300k vertex.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Difficult to said.

I use DEM data with 90m by pixel of resolution.

But i have optimized the mesh so i had loose resolution.

For the moment the total map is 515 524 verticles and 806 913 faces/

CE EVAC

I'm so used to 15-20m meshes in FSX that my eyes bleed looking at DCS/FC2 :(

It'll be a nice addon for sure, thanks a lot!

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

This map would be sweet for a Soviet-Afghan campaign featuring the Su-25.

Yep, and also would B great 4 featuring DCS:Mi-24 HIND :thumbup:

• Like 1

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

First Airbases with functionnal lights

Fayzabad

afgh41.jpg

Termez

afgh42.jpg

Konduz

afgh43.jpg

Mazar e sharif

afgh44.jpg

• Like 1

CE EVAC

So let me understand this, we can make new maps for the FC2?

With the terrain tools but how are we to use them in the sim is there going to be a new battlefield menu to choose area? or is this going to over write the other map?

What are the terrain tools for then?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

So let me understand this, we can make new maps for the FC2?

With the terrain tools but how are we to use them in the sim is there going to be a new battlefield menu to choose area? or is this going to over write the other map?

I don't know about FC2 but in DCS the editor will have a list to choose from.

Incredible work batou, really looking awesome!

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Batou,

Is your team using ground tiles that are 512x512 or 1024x1024?

Nevada guys started doing 1024x1024 for their terrain and I'm combining 30m resolution satellite imagery with terragen textures for 1024x1024.

I started out using 512x512 but then tried 1024 and the detail improved drastically. You can consider 1024x1024 textures for more detail.

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

i use 512 pixel texture but i probably not upgrade to 1024, because the cdds texture is 382 Mo already.

I am not sure if the game can work with 1Go of texture files

• Like 1

CE EVAC

Yep it can but I advise on having a 64bit system. Maybe do 1024 and 512 versions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I am new in this thread and I can say that this is fantastic.

Salute to all that participate and contribute to create a new maps for FC.

I can propose to you the next challenge should be map of the Balkan, because we can rightfully say that the Balkan is gunpowder barrell that can explode at any moment.

1274916946_Mapabalkana.jpg.c71aefabef168d254d2aa7269b432a35.jpg

Very nice, totlay looking forward to Afhganistan map first though, is it releases? and what a greaat idea for the Balkans... I can't wait to fly from Italy (Aviano AB) with the Cdn forces :pilotfly: Balkan Rats.... keep up the good work and thx so much this is truly awesome! :thumbup: