A-10 news?

jctrnacty

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they will merge a-10 and BS , it would be great to have one complete package like in il-2 1946.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

It's not certain yet if the BS engine will be upgraded to the A-10 standard, but to my best knowledge it is definately the plan to make them MP compatible.

Either my memory doesn't serve me as good as before or something has changed.

It's not certain yet if the BS engine will be upgraded to the A-10 standard, but to my best knowledge it is definately the plan to make them MP compatible.

This is weird. What I heard was that BS should be upgraded to work with the A-10 standard, thats a major part of the hole deal.

Go Ugly Early

The thought that such a rare opportunity would come once for every thousand times you get GBU'ed from above? ;)

indeed, what could make a day of flight simming more fun than rippling off a couple of Vihker-M's at an A-10 as he flies unwittingly past the building you have been hiding behind?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The thought that such a rare opportunity would come once for every thousand times you get GBU'ed from above? ;)

""why's there a laser warning above me.... must be a malfunction....."

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 3 weeks later...
""why's there a laser warning above me.... must be a malfunction....."

There's no warning from them sidwinders! Fox 2!

_:Windows 10 64 Bit, I7 3770 3.4Ghz, 16 Gigs Ram, GTX 960, TM Warthog, Track IR 5 w/Pro Clip:_

so is there a rough release date?

next year... is that rough enough.

Actually there is now a missile warning system for heat seekers forgottenthe name of it but the JSF has it.:music_whistling:

the WAH-64 has it.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I think it could be great if Wags would make some photos of his visit in Russa in ED offices. SOmething like Oleg MAddox did in his interview.

And besides he could make a photo of some LCD monitor with A-10 in it :-)))

Just a proposal....

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

I think the JSF/F-35 and WAH-64 have the MAWS, or Missile approach warning system, basically a small radar system that will passively ( don't know how) detect heat seekers and unnoticed radar guided missiles. The Harrier GR7 and 9 have it as well.

So does the Typhoon. It works using secret wichcraft. ;)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The Apache has HIDAS

...the AN/AAR-57 MWS detects the ultra-violet component within missile exhaust plumes and ascertains whether or not the particular missile detected is a direct threat to its host platform. A primary criteria is whether or not the detected missile is on a collision course with the aircraft being defended.

http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes-Radar-and-Electronic-Warfare-Systems/Helicopter-Integrated-Defensive-Aids-Suite-HIDAS-United-Kingdom.html

Yeah, it really shouldn't be all that different to detecting heat sources and such in the first place, like for aiming the missile, shouldn't it?

Question though: is there any way for those systems to maintain a warning after the missile's booster has expended it's fuel? 'Cause it would seem that it would otherwise be very difficult to ascertain whether a missile has been successfully evaded or just finished it's motor burn.

(Though I realize this is an A-10 thread and I'm perpetuating a derail. :P )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hi

Actually there is now a missile warning system for heat seekers

As said above, it's about radar et/or UV detection. Not "reserved" to heat seekers missiles : those are passive, you cannot detect a heat seeker. But you can detect the "plume" of an incoming missile.

@ EtherealN : Interesting question. I don't know.

With short range radar, why not ? With UV detectors, that seems "a little bit" more difficult ;)

Note that those systems are relatively new, and still have (or recently had ??) problems on beeing effective : I'm flying over desert at low alt ; is That hot point a black rock taking a sunbath, or an incoming missile's plume ?

Lots of "false positive" alarms in some environnement. So I'm not sure your question is the first one that enginners have to take into account.;)

Cheers

Az'

PS : I would not be stunned if A-10C does have some sorte of alert system for incoming missiles (apart from the "classic" RWR I mean)

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Well, Duke Nukem was started from scratch several times, so I guess that's not really the same logic. :D

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD