Russian 1.1

I've just tried to order a copy on ozon.ru by using Babel Fish. Was fun. I know how my country's name is written in Russian now. Unfortunately I still don't know if they do international orders. Guess not.

Edit: Well they do international orders, but it's unclear if this is also true for FC.

I believe someone from SimHQ's IL2 forum did order IL2 boxed russian edition with all the goodies like t-shirt and nice posters years ago, and he did it from Ozon.ru. He even wrote a guide for the forum what and where to fill in etc. And, it was a success.

WBR, Kom6at

Hello Csmag.

yes, ozon.ru looks like old and steady company, and sell by intenet alot of software, ...but... do you really need 2CD jewel case of totally russian language game? there is no T-shirt or hard-copy manual in this release from 1C. May be 1C release boxed version later, I hope so.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Hello Csmag.

yes, ozon.ru looks like old and steady company, and sell by intenet alot of software, ...but... do you really need 2CD jewel case of totally russian language game? there is no T-shirt or hard-copy manual in this release from 1C. May be 1C release boxed version later, I hope so.

Hi, thanks for the replies. I just considered this because I wanted a CD instead of a download.

<i7 2600k | 2x HD6950 | 8GB DDR3 | Crucial m4 64GB>

I've bought several times from ozon.ru in the past - never a problem. I've also ordered 1.1 from them last week and it's about to be shipped to me...

Dmut is right though - Russian version will be good only if you know the language:)

Joe Kurr,

Why to struggle with a version in a different language then the one you speak? After you ad shipping, ozon's price will be approximately the same as English version (plus you won't have to wait for a month or so to get your hands on it).

Hello Csmag.

Good point. I'd rather have a CD copy too but not if my only language option is Russian...guess I'm stuck with the download.:icon_roll

Well... in my eyes, it makes sense to arrange a standalone "Lockon 1.1: Flaming Cliffs (English Resources only!)" product for guys like you. So, you can purchase russian "Lock On: Горячие Скалы" from Ozon.ru, then purchase and download English Resources, then install the english resources over it, and get english Lockon 1.1 at last (with minimal internet traffic... and starforce which requires to keep CD1 in the cd drive all the time when Lockon starts.

WBR, Kom6at