How do I get these clouds in Black Shark?

toby23

This is a screenshot from Glowing Amraam's EDGE film...

clouds.png

How do I get the same clouds in Black Shark?

I am a capable graphic designer so I could make a similar mod but I need to know what file to edit...

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks,

Toby

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

IIRC it is only effect...

DCS engine now is too limited to do this... however maybe it has been changed recently in patch.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks shemi but how to install this, thru modman?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I managed to get this mod working in DCS Black Shark.

I just extracted the files and repacked them using the new modman.

Thanks Shemi and thanks ViperVJG73.

I've tried uploading the zip here but it didn't work... :huh:

PS Teka Teka's realistic moon mod also works fine, just make sure you use the new World.lua from DCS BS and not the original one from Teka Teka....

• 2 weeks later...

DCS engine now is too limited to do this...

Boberro,

It is VERY possible to have clouds like this in DCS: Black Shark and Lockon. It can be done using 3DS Max and the Terrain tools ED has made available to the community.

The mod described earlier by Shemi has some drawbacks...The first is that the clouds do not extend to the horizon; the second is that it replaces an object.

The mod I am speaking of would have none of the limitations I just mentioned.

Put simply, there are superficial textures (runways, some cities, roads, etc, ) which are draped above the surface of the land. It is very possible to place those kinds of textures at any altitude and reverse them so that they face downward (reverse "normals" in 3D Max lingo).

Edited by Hawg11

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

Boberro,

It is VERY possible to have clouds like this in DCS: Black Shark and Lockon. It can be done using 3DS Max and the Terrain tools ED has made available to the community.

The mod described earlier by Shemi has some drawbacks...The first is that the clouds do not extend to the horizon; the second is that it replaces an object.

The mod I am speaking of would have none of the limitations I just mentioned.

Put simply, there are superficial textures (runways, some cities, roads, etc, ) which are draped above the surface of the land. It is very possible to place those kinds of textures at any altitude and reverse them so that they face downward (reverse "normals" in 3D Max lingo).

Good to know, I thought all time LO is too old for that if developers didn't do so basic clouds on start... so I was wrong ^^

These clouds which are in GA movies would be awesome, amazing! If you say it is highly possible so I am very pleased :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I thought all time LO is too old for that if developers didn't do so basic clouds on start...

I can't Speak for ED, but I would guess it's a matter of limited time and resources.

Edited by Hawg11

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

• 3 weeks later...

@cobrabase - download the mod pack i made from this link.

Extract VJG73CloudMod v1.0 for Black Shark.zip and then read the included Read Me file.

You need to add the "ship" models to your level near where you will be flying using the map editor.

Please note, these Mods should only be installed with ModMan..

Good luck.

I can't Speak for ED, but I would guess it's a matter of limited time and resources.

Interesting. Thanks :)

ಠ_ಠ