OZON.ru release FC now!

Pounds* Sorry slight error there, lol. Must be somewhere between 5 and 7 Euros, not sure of exchange rate.... Basically it's negligible price be European standarts (as the games go...)

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

That is the price that Russians can afford.

In Brazil that would be some R$50-60 - not cheap - HL2 retails for $90.

So, how much would that be in US Dollars?

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

However, WILL we be able to change the language to ENGLISH in-game ? or is that a LOCAL russian version? :confused:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

However, WILL we be able to change the language to ENGLISH in-game ? or is that a LOCAL russian version? :confused:

If I'm not mistaken, it's a local russian version.

Коричневые очки никогда не поранят мозг. Они небьющиеся.

Brown-coloured spectacles will never harm a brain. They are unbreakable. (с) Me

сфсвсг

I'm the future of the Russian government.

According to Scott Lofgren,

Bentley Systems global director.

Guest Dlink

Wow

by my calcs this addon is selling in russia for the equiv of $7 USD. I guess this throws the whole theory of piracy causes high prices right out the windows. By all accounts I have read Russia is one of the leading countries in the world for piracy yet they are selling it for approx 1/5 of the price in the US.

ot (i think that you know that level of living is not the same in US and CEI so the price is not the same compare to that factor and i think that China is the leading country for piracy now.)

Great news can't wait to buy it whatever the price is

Great news can't wait to buy it whatever the price is

At €27 EUR it is not much. Even if we europeans and in the US pays 3 times more than the $7 the russians are paying, we supporting a good enterprise. The US/european contribution to lo-mac rewards ED to be able to make further development of lo-mac financially viable.

I have not been able to get even close to flying any fighterplane. The €45 i payed in Dec-2003 was the closest to have brought me HOURS of pleasure, the closest to the Real Thing than i will ever get.

Let us hope that ED uses our contributions to further develop lo-mac into a real hardcore combat flightsim.

Exclusive of the monster hardware, harddisks and grafics cards :P, €27 EUR is a small price to pay for my hobby.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Wow

by my calcs this addon is selling in russia for the equiv of $7 USD. I guess this throws the whole theory of piracy causes high prices right out the windows. By all accounts I have read Russia is one of the leading countries in the world for piracy yet they are selling it for approx 1/5 of the price in the US.

Yes, the piracy is developed very well here. And... 1/5 is not limit, one CD with Windows, MS Office and something else costs about 4 or 5 dollars.

And if ED will sell it more expensive here, they risk to receive any profit because only fans will buy license product.

Коричневые очки никогда не поранят мозг. Они небьющиеся.

Brown-coloured spectacles will never harm a brain. They are unbreakable. (с) Me

сфсвсг

I'm the future of the Russian government.

According to Scott Lofgren,

Bentley Systems global director.

Guest Dlink
Yes, the piracy is developed very well here. And... 1/5 is not limit, one CD with Windows, MS Office and something else costs about 4 or 5 dollars.

And if ED will sell it more expensive here, they risk to receive any profit because only fans will buy license product.

So then does this mean that the notion that piracy causes high prices is pure bunk to you. After all, it appears you are saying that the market is dictating the price of software not the level of piracy.

BTW, can you please post a link to where the Microsoft products you mentioned are being legally sold for the US equivilant of $5 or $6.

Guest Dlink
Is it me, or such kind of links arent allowed on this foruns? :confused:

I asked for links to where this is being sold LEGALLY. Why would links to legal software not be allowed.

Help me understand something here.. (and I'm not trying to be counterproductive with this question)....

ED is going to charge everyone else less than US citizens, but ignore the highest ROI per capita spent and not do enhancements that us "privileged" ask for?

I'm sorry. I don't understand "it" business wise...

Again. I am not flaming here.. Just trying to understand why....

If someone who understands this Business Model could, PM if they like to get it out of Public Forum, on what I'm missing.

thx

Brett

Thanks,

Brett

Hi,

First off, I know nothing of thier business or sales model but...

I believe they will price v1.1 in a way that it's cost to the consumer will be at the current market value for whatever country it is sold in.

In the east, $5 or $10 is probably all they can expect to sell it for but in the west, including Canada, Europe, South America, and Australia where consumers will pay $35 or more for a single MSFS aircraft, virtual co-pilot, or flight planning utility, I think Eagle should charge what the market will allow.

When comparing v1.1 to a single MSFS Beach Baron or Cessna Caravan payware aircraft/panel for example, that sells for $35... what is the best value?

Help me understand something here.. (and I'm not trying to be counterproductive with this question)....

ED is going to charge everyone else less than US citizens, but ignore the highest ROI per capita spent and not do enhancements that us "privileged" ask for?

I'm sorry. I don't understand "it" business wise...

Again. I am not flaming here.. Just trying to understand why....

If someone who understands this Business Model could, PM if they like to get it out of Public Forum, on what I'm missing.

Nope, that's not it: they're charging everyone else more than the CIS/Russian citizens. There are several reasons for this, for example the fact that the average Russian has nowhere near as much money to spend on games compared to western users and the widespread piracy in Russia. They need to sell FC cheaply, or they won't sell it much at all over there.

OTOH, they can't expect to find many customers in the west, due to the lack of a boxed version (blame Ubi) and any meaningful product awareness outside (dedicated simming-) internet communities. To make the online release of FC worthwhile financially despite this they need to charge more for it. The reality is that the add-on is likely to yield far more money in the CIS inspite of the lower price, simply because it will be on store shelves and thus sell much better (I'd *estimate* upwards of one or two orders of magnitude better, infact).

If the opportunity existed for ED to release a comprehensive add-on that was targeted at western markets then I'm sure they would do so. However, lacking a publisher to advertise and distribute hard-copy products outside the CIS/Russia, this was/is not to be.

Just my view of the situation.

Guest ThomasDWeiss
ThomasDWeiss where that info come from? Just Curious...

That price was mentioned at the SimHQ forum.

Guest ruggbutt

Downloading games/sims from the net is the wave of the future. It's gonna be much more widespread next year than it is now and ED are showing a vision of the future.