HOTAS Logitech G940

As I understand Matt Wagner has got one... Maybe he would like to tell us something about it (unless restricted to do so by some evil NDA ;))

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guys in Moscow have been able to touch it. They say, both stick and throttle sit nice at hand, the controls feel right. But there was a mention of pronounced stick looseness at neutral position and not very smooth, but stepped feeling while moving. But that's not a serial production device yet. Overall no serious flaws have been mentioned yet, and it seems to be the very best FFB solution in production these days.

I'm really curious about the quality of the stick and it's feel. Besides, does anybody know what sensors the rudder and throttle use? AFAIK the stick seems to use hall sensors.

Stay Tuned to LockOnFiles - Review coming soon ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

North America release is late August - a few short weeks before Europe.

And Australia/new Zealand?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Hmm, I see we get the good old $300 = €300 that we got for DCS: BS :(

Out of interest, will it ever feature FFB in the rudder pedals, or is that out of question?

It isn't out of the question, but it would have a BIG impact on cost. In addition, I'm not aware of any sims with a rudder force feedback signal at this time.

Flight System G940 Product Manager

Logitech

Not necessarily.

The lowest price I found here in the Netherlands is € 247,98. Link

So maybe you might find lower prices in the UK as well :)

If not, you might try and send the shop in my link an e-mail and see if they deliver in the UK as well.

• Like 1
Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

It isn't out of the question, but it would have a BIG impact on cost. In addition, I'm not aware of any sims with a rudder force feedback signal at this time.

Well, perhaps in the future? Afterall, when an aircraft stalls (in real life) where does the pilot feel it first? Hint: not the stick, not the throttle, but in the... :smilewink:

:joystick:

Be nice if CH products would make a FFB set up with FFB pedals not to go off topic. Actually the same for all major HOTAS makers, most of these companies although having proven products that deliver, haven't updated their product lines in recent years. Obviously Logitech and possibly saitek are a couple that have but then again have the big budget to go on. Guess I'm rambling.....

DCS:BS has a FFB signal for the rudder.

To check it for yourself, temporarily set a FFB Joystick's X or Y axis as the rudder control in DCS:BS, and then do some trimming. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

It seems to me that the range between pedal platforms is very short. Is it changeable ?

I don't think so, the widest one is Saitek Pro Flight Rudder (AFAIK), I haven't seen Simped rudders live so can't say for sure but I use Saitek's for the last 3 years and they serve me well. I just brush the dust of them for maintenace! :P

I really like the concept of Logitech G940, I like it's split throttle the most and entire HOTAS reminds me of a Suncomm F-15C HOTAS I missed in the '90. So I started thinking of making a controller combo in the future. I already said I've got Saitek Rudder and I also use stock TM Cougar for hmmm, 5 years w/o any problem and now when I saw A-10C HOTAS that we'll see in DCS:A-10C I though of buying G940 and using it along TM Cougar, then I'd disconnect Cougar throttle when playing DCS:A-10C and using G940 throttle instead. This would enhance the immersion, wouldn't it?!

:smartass: Smartass!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Mark,

I'm very seriously considering buying your product, even though I live in Argentina and would be forced to sell another of my neighbor's kids in order to be able to pay for it. I'd like to give you a couple of points that would make my decision easier:

1- Separate HOTAS and Pedals -> I already own a very good set of pedals!!

2- Perfect centering and near-center precision -> Mandatory in a chopper sim, and the basic reason why I'm considering replacing an otherwise perfectly functional (and expensive!) X45.

3- Adjustable stick height or easy moddability -> I like my stick long! I recently modded my X45 to be about 2 feet tall and I'm loving the added precision and comfort. It's also the ideal setup for the cockpit builder.

4- Collective "plug-in" -> Have you seen Urze's Collective mod? basically strapping a long stick to the Throttle, allowing for a much more realistic control of a helo. I modded my X45 in that way, and I'm loving it.

Don't tell anyone, but I'd pay even more for those features.

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

Euro-VAT is a probably explanation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I hope the G940 flightstick is more smooth then my X52 cause thats the only problem I have with the X52, it kinda sticks so its hard to make minor and exact changes and I know that the problem is the plastic thing with the spring at the base of the stick, the friction between that plate and the plastic underneath makes it stick a bit.

Go Ugly Early

I hope the G940 flightstick is more smooth then my X52 cause thats the only problem I have with the X52, it kinda sticks so its hard to make minor and exact changes and I know that the problem is the plastic thing with the spring at the base of the stick, the friction between that plate and the plastic underneath makes it stick a bit.

And that's exactly the reason why I never bought this joystick. Even while testing it "dry" without having it connected to the pc, I noticed this. I was searching for a joystick sensitive and accurate enough to make very very smooth adjustments with a very small dead-zone for a very long time. The only one winning the competition would be the Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar. But it has no force-feedback (a must in my point of view) and dual throttle lever. Ideal for Falcon 4 but not enough and too expensive for a general-use-high-tech joystick. And it has no rudders.

My vote goes to Logitech G940. Have'nt tested it yet, but the ideal combination. Can't say if it's accurate, but for that price I hope they did'nt build crap. Can't imagine that, though.

I've already ordered it and I pay nothing. I won a voucher from an electronics-market :D. And A trackIR5 has been ordered as well.

Party on, Wayne. Party on, Garth :notworthy:.

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

Comprehensive Review by Ruggbutt, LockOnFiles Site-Contributor, now posted at LockOnFiles.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=447&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Sobek, I couldn't find address from that link and I wonder if there's any shops in Graz or Leibnitz, I just might get in the car and drive for it!

http://geizhals.at/a451152.html

for example: E-Tec has a shop in Graz-Andritz (if you need directions, just ask me) and lists it at 263,18€

Delivery-Time 2-3 Weeks.

You from Graz or wot? :)

Edited by sobek
  • Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!