• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logitech G940 HOTAS system

Just announced at E3.

3588107104_a08e5a79f6.jpg

Here's a movie presentation:

http://blog.logitech.com/2009/06/02/e3-product-announcement-logitech-flight-system-g940/

And some details:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/06/02/the-logitech-flight-system-g940-large-and-in-charge/

To sum up:

- expensive

- force feedback

- dual throttle

While I prefer Saitek over Logitech (those cheap Logitechs are very ergonomic, but not so reliable) this one looks veeery interesting.

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

looks interesting......thanks for the heads up.:thumbup:

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Looks neat

I wonder if they mean USD on xataka.com? That's $300 american...

Looks nice, gotta wait till my X52 Pro dies a natural death though. Lots of time for other people to test it for me first... :joystick:

very nice but thats just my opinion.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I like it, it looks kinda like the F-15C, F/A-18, A-10 throttle which I like and I dreamed of Suncomm F-15 HOTAS back in the day.

What I don't like is the Logitech brand, I'm not saying their products are of bad quality but I had G15 for over a year, and it had a 12 months warranty but G15 malfunctioned as soon as it expired, microswitches under some keys stopped working. I was told i cannot be replaced or fixed so having a 100€ keyboard for 13 months is a bit expensive...I hope things are better with this HOTAS!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks interesting, now if only it came with a joystick extension and an adapter to turn the throttle into a collective control :music_whistling:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/joysticks/devices/5855&cl=us,en

Edited by Rockeyes

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

Windows 10 Maximus VIII Hero i7-6700k CPU @ 4.2GHz 16GB Nvida GeForce GTX 1080. Ram Duel SSD's

What I don't like is the Logitech brand, I'm not saying their products are of bad quality but I had G15 for over a year, and it had a 12 months warranty but G15 malfunctioned as soon as it expired, microswitches under some keys stopped working. I was told i cannot be replaced or fixed so having a 100€ keyboard for 13 months is a bit expensive...I hope things are better with this HOTAS!

Mine died last week, it was the original version (not the refresh) and it worked for three years but I regreted buying it much earlier because the coating of the keys began to vanish after a few month, making them unrecognizable and ugly. Two weeks ago it started to go nuts and specific keys (like the space bar) stopped working sporadically. Not at all the kind of quality I expected when I bought it.

i have a G15 for 3 years... the volume thingy broke last month...

The deul throttle is great... I wounder what Saitek will do now Logitech have that???

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

The dual throttle is cool; a good bit of product differentiation there since no one currently makes one. And it's actually useful and realistic too since most DCS jets will have two engines. Also, they beat Saitek to the market for a FFB HOTAS. Also a good idea: pedals come with it. I've always wondered why Saitek didn't do this.

Expensive? I don't think so. You can find a CH stick, throttle, and peddles all for about $100 each if you know where to look. A Cougar plus pedals will be at least that much, maybe a bit more. This thing comes with it all together. I also dig the F-15ish look to it. What does every HOTAS manufacturer have such a hard-on for the F-16? :P I hope that its totally pot-less too. I love CH, but I really wish they'd ditch potentiometers for something digital. Even Saitek won't completely get rid of them and still have to put them in the throttle.

The only thing that turns me off is the fact that it is logitech. I have a logitech gaming mouse, but I won't own much beyond that. I've never liked the cheap plastic look of their hardware. I like sturdy stuff. I bought one of these: http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/keyboards.html over a G15 just because I could see the thing lasting about a year or two before dying.

My only question is why now? Do they sense that flight sims are making a comeback? No buyers in this household, but still nice to see some competition! :)

that is pretty cool setup....does anyone know what its made out of?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Yes, just discovered this one a few minutes ago on a hardware site. I have to say it does look nice, although not as much as the cougar, and it will cost more or less the same price. But this new logitech hotas have forcefeedback that the cougar doesn't have AND I am a big fan of logitech products. I love also the fact that they though about having mounting holes for pit builders. I can see this one in my BS cockpit. The rudder is also pretty good looking but might be a bit too narrow for my taste.

My original g15 still running fine.

Cant wait till someone here buys one, if it provbes to be great i may sell my Saitek.:smartass: