Mulit Monitor

Wait..........ther are some projects about that use LUA to export information from lomac into another program, such as awacs or flight information. Could be what you are looking for.

You could also try programming some lua stuff, ED (Valery i think) said they will give direct help to pit builders for lua.

But alas I can't remember where the are to be found, i'll let others help out here..........

Nate

Nate,

Thanks for your input.

The issue is SA for me.

Having one monitor gives the player only one viewpoint of the game.

I have a trackIR 3pro also, but having a wider view would be best in a

game where "eyes on" in the most important part the game.

Export MFD, RWR, Switch's are cool and all that, but the most basic part of Cockpit building is not be realized by the Devs, or other Flight Sim products (M$ Flight sim just doesn't do it for me).

I am quite surprised with all the cockpit building that this isn't being followed up by the Flight Sim Development communities in support of their products.

Most of us has seen some really cool Falcon4 Pits, but for Visual SA, have a 19" Monitor is front and that's it. (which really destroys the immersion effect of even building a cockpit in the first place - at least for me).

Thanks,

Brett

I think you should goto http://www.fighterops.com/tacref.htm . This simulation is designed with pit builders in mind. Check out the pit builders forum and you'll find some answers. Lockon in its current form could be used in conjuction with a 2nd monitor for radar and Mav displays but thats about it. You can do this with a realsimulator MFD as well which is the same thing pretty much. Some guys use Lockon with projectors for a wider field of view which can be done through LUA. The really rich guys use plasma TVs though which is much better.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I am quite surprised with all the cockpit building that this isn't being followed up by the Flight Sim Development communities in support of their products.

Don't be so pesimistic. There will be some real cockpit gauges for Lock On sometime by the end of the year. Just be patient!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Guys, I'm sorry. I wasn't clear enough in my thoughts.

It's not the guages, switches and MFD, it's the view.

Everypost I've seen with a view enhancment is always the same.

- the cockpit takes up same proportion of the screen as it does in 1024x768.

I have a HD 50 projection TV, and guess what, my total field of view doesn't change. It's just on a bigger screen.

This is why I was suggesting that a "front view" be available with no instruments or HUD and support for some basic surrounding views..ie.. 3 monitors that reflect the 10, 12, 2 o'clock views from the pilots perspective.

The next point was a HUD only information to a another monitor.

If the HUD information (ONLY) was available, then you could lay the monitor

flat (pointing upwards) and reflect the image back to the cockpit. They (DEV's) would have to output the text backwards and upside down for the reflection to work.

These two (IMHO) are the most important for cockpit building. Switches, MFD's, etc... there are ways and LUA sounds promising. But I don't think LUA will capture vews as described 2 paragraphs above (at least from what I could gather).

I wasn't trying to be pessimistic, but just expressing why I haven't done

the cockpit thing yet...

Thanks,

Brett

After all the work done to provide .lua access, someone would say that Lock On is not made with home cockpit builders in mind?

The resolution and view angles are controllable via the "config" and "view" files. If I understand correctly, you should be able to set up your three monitors as a single monitor via hardware, enter a screen resolution of 3072x768, view angle set to 90 degrees, and you're ready to go. What more support do you need?

-SK

After all the work done to provide .lua access, someone would say that Lock On is not made with home cockpit builders in mind?

The resolution and view angles are controllable via the "config" and "view" files. If I understand correctly, you should be able to set up your three monitors as a single monitor via hardware, enter a screen resolution of 3072x768, view angle set to 90 degrees, and you're ready to go. What more support do you need?

-SK

My guess is he'll need a monster FX55 and SLI 6800 Ultras. But that's all. :)

[/Quote]

Maybe I spoke too "pointedly" (wasn't my intention)... sorry.

I can always trust SK to point this out.. Thanks..

-SK

I actually tried this with some monitors lying around at work and couldn't get it to work (using low graphics settings w/PCI cards lying about). Maybe I pooched it up.. I'll try again....

What can I use for another graphics card that has the horsepower?

I have only one AGP slot .....

BTW SK, I still haven't gotten a reply from that second party yet...

Thanks,

Brett

Nate,

Mine does the same thing, but you just justified my point. (way cool tho..)

The cockpit takes up 1/2 to 3/4 of the screen.. (I notice you also have a trackIR, now just imagine the 10 and 2 o'clock position also being viewable in your projection image)

Thanks,

Brett

Experimenting with snapviews.lua

ScreenShot_156.jpg

This is the viewing angle set to 180 degrees. You can see from the distortion in the corners why ED normally limits the view to a max of 120 degrees, but it is possible to tinker with this value. I did notice a lot of problems with fps and other glitches though, probably better not to go quite this extreme.

-SK

This is the viewing angle set to 180 degrees. You can see from the distortion in the corners why ED normally limits the view to a max of 120 degrees, but it is possible to tinker with this value. I did notice a lot of problems with fps and other glitches though, probably better not to go quite this extreme.

-SK

Yeah tired that.. makes one think he is Mr Richards of the Fantastic 4.

Plus the hud ws a bit too far away. I have so many ideos but so little

cash....

Her'e s my strech good bye:

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssssssYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYaaaaa!

Thanks,

Brett

• 1 year later...

I found this doing a search. Could you guys elaborate a bit more on where i can change the FOV in the files? I have changed the resolution to 1360x768... and the aspect ratio to 1.77. But the aspect ratio seems to reset to 1.33 and i just get a stretch picture. I thought this was normal. But it looks like i can change the FOV? It would be nice to get a pure 16:9 screen. TIA...

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Is it just me, but the discussion about multi monitors has been done in the tech section before and yes lomac supports multi monitors, look at the breitling setup, 3 huge kickass monitors....

so i would think BS would support it aswell..

it was done with a quadro card if i recall correctly...

you can change the FOV for widescreen monitors/multi monito setups, but supposdly and i aint sure about this, supposdly it cant be changed on the 25t....