The game is called DCS: Black-Shark then why my helicopter is brown??

What you are experiencing is not a bug but a feature. It's called Automated Training Assessment Unit (in russian "Нет преступления, предназначенных, мой друг").

Since there's no two-seater trainer version of the Ka-50, some way had to be devised in which flight instructors could evaluate overall student aptitude during their first flight, from a safe distance.

The ATAU is cleverly implemented as a relatively small probe situated in the bottom of the pilot's seat. It consists of a very precise accelerometer that measures force on the probe, and yields a fail-proof assessment of the pilot's suitability during a solo, AP-off hover. This accelerometer is then connected to a series of electronic equipment that activate a plasma field generator outside the helicopter located in the tip of the right winglet. The plasma field would in turn then polarize the light bouncing off the Shark's surface according to the electric signal generated by the mentioned equipment, generating a color coded response that you appreciate as "brown". This is of course fully modelled in DCS:BS.

When the Red Army pilots where initially introduced to the BlackShark, they where delighted by the advanced targeting systems but expressed some concerns about the appropriateness of the mentioned instrument. Kamov's scientists then found that by using less reliable equipment in some other areas they could spare enough generator power to install a more advanced, pupil dilatation measuring device on the HMS. The airmen where much more satisfied with the enhanced prototype and the Army approved the mass production of the Hokum. When the first units got delivered to combat squadrons and the pilots found they had to keep a mental track of the times their lasers where used, during combat, and that they'd have to find a way to take a 30 minute pause in hostile airspace while their targeting equipment cooled down, Kamov's internal mail system collapsed with energic requests to bring the probe back, bigger if necessary.

Kamov's top scientists where at the time quite busy figuring out a way to make a coaxial tail rotor helicopter with no main rotor, (poker bets where taken very seriously in Soviet Russia), and the job of modifying the production units was then assigned to a lower team of "interns", a management innovation introduced from the West by a then young politician with a strange forehead birth mark. The interns, of course, took the pilot's request literally and installed back the probe, never replacing the laser system. They where proud of their efficiency and developed a strong team spirit that helped them very well cope with their next assignment in deep Siberia.

All this matter did not make the Red Army specially happy, they would discontinue the use of the Ka-50, and some of the more radical elements even suggested using the Ka-50 as a test probe for the now not-so-young politician ability to govern the country. Luckily for us all, the moderates triumphed and after a casual light cold, the politician was deemed not necessary any more and the world became the multi-polar paradise we enjoy today.

As for the DCS:BS implementation, this feature is the reason why you must combine a series of key presses in order to force the virtual pilot to take a seat. In the default mode the pilot will stay comfortably enjoying a warm coffe in a Starbucks near Mineraln'ye Vody giving you a very slight finger every time you fly by. DCS AI is not so dumb, after all...

• Like 3

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

As for the DCS:BS implementation, this feature is the reason why you must combine a series of key presses in order to force the virtual pilot to take a seat. In the default mode the pilot will stay comfortably enjoying a warm coffe in a Starbucks near Mineraln'ye Vody giving you a very slight finger every time you fly by. DCS AI is not so dumb, after all...

Do'h :doh:

Why did that first appear in DCS and not in Lo-mac??? :smilewink:

*Edit* Why is the A-10a not a real Hog?:music_whistling:

Edited by zakobi

Eddie Murphy - Delirious "...and then a big brown shark came"

thats the first thing that came to mind when I read the OP

ha ha!

I'd post a youtube link but won't due to copious amounts of profanity

Huh? Of course it's friggin' brown. Well mine is at any rate. See, I usually wipe my underpants on it after a mission - if I'm back that is :helpsmilie:

Never mind the smell. It's the flies that get to you after a while.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

What you are experiencing is not a bug but a feature. It's called Automated Training Assessment Unit (in russian "Нет преступления, предназначенных, мой друг").

Veeery interesting translation!

At least: «Нет преступлений предназначенных, мой друг…»

Edited by Namenlos Ein

Veeery interesting translation!

At least: «Нет преступлений предназначенных, мой друг…»

Спасибо!!

So the plural makes all the difference in correct grammar? or you're implying that there are multiple offenses in my text? :cry:

My native tongue is spanish... I can only be blamed for trusting google...

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

Voldemort ?

:megalol:

:thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD