WoW LOMAC with BFG6800GTOC

Thanks ED,

I've Purchased a http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GTOC.html man its wicked.

My 2nd upgrade for Lomac. Just awesome. Cant wait for 1.1 and 1.2.

1.02 is good. But I recon It needs some optimisation. Also to many bugs remains with 1.02. Getting tired of getting shot down by friendly sams, etc... Trying to be patient until 1.1 release. December, January, February, March. Now April. I'll wait, I have no choice, lol. I surely hope it exceeds my expectations.

Enjoying my new upgrade. Its like a new game.

Cheers

check out the pics

http://169thpanthers.net/main/modules/pnCPG/coppermine/albums/userpics/10122/ScreenShot_053.jpg

http://169thpanthers.net/main/modules/pnCPG/coppermine/albums/userpics/10122/ScreenShot_074.jpg

http://169thpanthers.net/main/modules/pnCPG/coppermine/albums/userpics/10122/ScreenShot_060.jpg

You forgot November. :D

LOL true that, but im not counting....I recon DEV you should of sayd; expected date sometime in 2005. But im still going to purchase it. No worrys about that. Spent 2000$ Canadian to enjoy the eye candy of this sim. Im hooked,....CPU, Ram, motherboard, pwr supply. Latest video card. Bring this add-on to a close so we can nag you for 1.2, lol, kidding as always or am I? lol man call me hooked on phonics. LoL.

I know you need the time to bring this out, but this community is getting tired of waiting. I know, dont push it. It will come when its ready. Im just stating what is the general thinking/the obvious. True, Patience is vertue....

Until what end...

Enjoying my new upgrade. Its like a new game.

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. I upgraded to EVGA 6800GT few months ago and am very happy with it! I now have lights, shadows, heat blur, 1600X1200, 4XAA and 8XAF, and indeed it is all new game!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

With the recent changes to the forum, the moderator also implemented a new rule. You cannot post about your expensive upgrade. It's call 'no bragginz.' Some of the forum members are poor (i'm loaded with cash so it ain't me) and what you posted here automatically ruined their day and causing them to weep for days to come.

PLUS

Remember, StarForce will check your hardware and if it finds expensive graphic card that can render all the wowzer eye-candy, your resolution at which you can play FC will be limited to 640x480 pixels. AND if SF finds high-end CPUs that can calculate all them confusing math thingy for the flight models, the game will automatically replace the AFM with Novalogic type physics for all your flyable! ha ha

It's true!

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Leafer,

Don't weep to hard :-) I've tried a BFG6800GT OC (actually, also tried an SLI pair of them) in a A64 3500+ system and they're really not that great for LOMAC. Where you'll see the most noticable difference is a faster CPU... much, much, much faster CPU :-) I finally sold the SLI pair, and went back to the old trusty ATI (PowerColor X850XT).

-spearsd

With the recent changes to the forum, the moderator also implemented a new rule. You cannot post about your expensive upgrade. It's call 'no bragginz.' Some of the forum members are poor (i'm loaded with cash so it ain't me) and what you posted here automatically ruined their day and causing them to weep for days to come.

PLUS

Remember, StarForce will check your hardware and if it finds expensive graphic card that can render all the wowzer eye-candy, your resolution at which you can play FC will be limited to 640x480 pixels. AND if SF finds high-end CPUs that can calculate all them confusing math thingy for the flight models, the game will automatically replace the AFM with Novalogic type physics for all your flyable! ha ha

It's true!

Hey! I said I'm loaded with money! It's not me that I worry about.

leafer sobbing uncontrollably...

Ok, it's me....weep...sniffle

anybody got a spare high-end gaming rig lying around that I can have?

:D

Dude fly through the smoke of a destroyed tank and show us your fps. Thats all that counts :> !

I'll try to get a a few pictures of that tomarrow.

Dude fly through the smoke of a destroyed tank and show us your fps. Thats all that counts :> !

That's the problem! I can't even hit anything using this lowest of the lowestestest-end rig I have.

See, my CPU is so slow it has to decide which is the highest priority: calulating the flight models or the bomb trajectory.

CPU

crap, he just dropped a bomb while still flying! What should I do, graphic card?

GRAPHIC CARD

dude, shut up! I'm trying to concentrate!!!! bastage selected HEAT BLUR and set Water to HIGH before the mission!

RAM (steal a nervous glance at CPU)

man, don't even look at me, I'm so cheap I can't remember a damn thing!

CPU (sweating profusely)

All right...screw the bomb trajectory! i'll just calculate the flight physics...And i'll make that bomb a dud so you don't have to reder the explosion.

GRAPHIC CARD

Thanks CPU!

RAM

err...guys...what is paging file again?

LOL!

that was a good one, leafer!

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Or even better go for a Quad-CPU system with Win 2000 Data Center :)

I am already saving money! Dual core AMD 939 pin, is just around the corner!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Hi all.

ROFL umm yeah, I sure do. it's right here:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/monsterpc

They do not list the specs but they are:

http://forums.spodesabode.com/viewtopic.php?p=18708

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=382092

I saw it in this months issue and damn near nutted. It would be great if someone in our community won this bad dog. Good luck to all who enter. -KILSEK

Hi all.

I have a intel 850mvl mobo that only supports 4x agp. I guess I will not get the most out of the card, but I am thinking it would be an improvement over the 128mb 4600ti I am currently using.

I have checked and I do meet all the requirements needed to run the 6800, so I am about to go ahead and purchase it. I am curious if it would be more of a liability to use it knowing that my mobo does not support 8x's agp, or will the 256 mb, 16 pipes, faster clock speeds, still be a plus? Thanks all, -KILSEK

Hi all.

After re-reading my last post I may have answered my own question, or mis-stated it. Faster speeds and more memory is good. I guess what I mean to ask is if I can only use 4x's agp will the reduce the pipes from 16 to 8? thanks, -KILSEK

I have one Ill sell you cheat $800 US for a CUSTOM ....

atari 2600