Any plans obout taking control over ground units? (SAM)

HAG

I was wondering if having control of certain air defense mobile and stationnary ground units such as mobile SAM launchers, shikla's, dog ear radar and eventually EWR stations is ever planned in the future? I think it would be something completely new in a combat flightsim, like for example in a LAN game having non flyable teams controling a set of S300 launchers or someone else driving a and firing shilkas? I wouldnt want to have this thread leading in some absurd suggestion of ground infantry 'FPS'-like integration end, but remaining in the modern combat field i think of such a possibility.

Either adding or creating a separate armoured vehicle sim or having a network code and terrain common with a current or future tank sim. With AAA and SAM units of course.

http://www.simhq.com/_land/armor_011a.html

Heres an example of a future tank sim soon to be released that I would definately recommend. There has been talk about the possibility of vehicle control in v1.2 but even if Lockons successor has the ability then it would be a very interesting battle online. Imagine SAM units creating ambushes using teamspeak, turning their radars on and off to confuse incoming aircraft while Tungaskas hiding in trees and dead ground spring the trap.:cool: Nothing wrong with that idea.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Beeing a S-300 Site Op must be a boring job. You even dont push the Firebutton... The Computers does all this faster than you !

LOL, I've saw those computer on S300 command unit.... electronic units are from middle of 70'th... and operator still had to press buttons to fire missile... so best military computer is a _human_ :D

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

This feature has been requested as a LUA importa/export for 1.2.

Meaning: If they do do it, you'll be able to use SAMs IF the server allows it and IF someone writes an external interface for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This feature has been requested as a LUA importa/export for 1.2.

Meaning: If they do do it, you'll be able to use SAMs IF the server allows it and IF someone writes an external interface for it.

that is really interesting! let's wait for that.

also another thing, how about some civil air-traffic ?

Well, the SAM thing I mentioned is 'under consideration' and by not means a 'we WILL have this', but it's on the table.

Civvy air traffic is a no, unfortunately, right in there with 'neutral coalition'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

and maybe we could expect that to appear as well in ... v2.9b ?

As far as I know the only game to incorporate FPS in an enviroment with fast jets, tanks, helicopters and ships is Battlefield 2. But it will never come close to as realistic in flight modeling as lockon. But it certainly is a first and eventhough it won't be the same I'll still play it for the fun. Jedi Academy also incorporates a combination of aircraft and FPS. It may well be the future for Sims if progress heads that way.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

A SAM control system would be interesting. In the 1980's I worked for a year on the software development of such a system for the air force of xxxxxxxxxx. It allowed the user to set up defended areas and based on bandit aircraft course / speed / height would alert if an area was threatened and recommend a SAM site for the engagement based on the SAM sites type / readiness.

Actually it also had airbase readiness too and might recommend a GAI flight be assigned the intercept but other folks on the forums are already looking at AWACS sim to do this and we are talking SAMS / AAA here.......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....