Meet and Greet

Hello,

After a long time not seen i'm back.

I rediscovered my flightsimming after DCS KA50 but allmost didnt have any time to fly it so i put it a bit on hold.

Duty called so....

Went to the states for aircrew training on the C130 (load..) so i had it a bit busy.

But now, it has calmed down a bit...bought DCS A10 and yeah! I'm still in shape for some flying!

For my pc specs...

Intel I7 3.4 Ghz, 8 Gb Ram, MSI, N560GTX-TI

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

My name is Tony 74 years young. Ex aircraft stress engineer living in North Wales. Pretty proficient with both BS & A10 C. Decent rig with TM Hotas Warthog etc. Would love to hear from anyone in the area to swap ideas fly online etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys!

My name is Tom...in game name Trooph. Im from Poland.

I found this DCS some time ago. Been watching movies from beta on YT and finnaly i decided to buy this game 2 or 3 months ago.

I really like flying it especialy in MP :)

Hope to fly with some of You soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

HI all, just joined as I read about the Black Shark in PC Pilot and it seems pretty good. Been flying FSX for three years and before that IL2.

I'm also interested in the A-10 but am unsure whether to go for that or the Black Shark.. In anyone's opinion, which is the more "fun" and easier to learn of the two.

Many thanks

Glen

I'm also interested in the A-10 but am unsure whether to go for that or the Black Shark.. In anyone's opinion, which is the more "fun" and easier to learn of the two.

Greetings!

The answer is 'depends'. :)

The Ka-50 is certainly harder to fly, it is simply the nature of a whirly bird, although by no means hard to fly. The A-10 is fairly straightforward in that regard.

The systems, on the other hand, are far more complex in the A-10. It features way more integration and is ergonomically more advanced through its consequent HOTAS design but the capabilities and functions available to the A-10 pilot are way more complex.

As to what is more fun, kinda hard to say. Really depends on if you're more of a fixed wing or rotorhead kind of guy. It certainly is a lot of fun throwing the Shark around on the edge of its flight envelope, but it is also a lot of fun to hammer a T-80 with a hailstorm of supersonic uranium from that mother of all gatling guns in the A-10.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Greetings,

Fellow sim-pilot and (amature) skin-maker checking in. Been a long time fan of the LockOn/DCS series and finally decided to break down and register on the forums instead of lurking around all the time. Loving the A-10C, but the software doesn't return the favor all the time (32 bit OS...need I say more?). Anywho, just stopping in to say hi, everyone.

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter, and therefore...I can't fly it. :smilewink:

Welcome to the mad house...

Be Good, Have Fun! :smilewink:

Greetings,

Fellow sim-pilot and (amature) skin-maker checking in. Been a long time fan of the LockOn/DCS series and finally decided to break down and register on the forums instead of lurking around all the time. Loving the A-10C, but the software doesn't return the favor all the time (32 bit OS...need I say more?). Anywho, just stopping in to say hi, everyone.

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @ all! My Name is Marc, and i´ve ordered DCS-A10C, to get my first Contact to a real Flight Simulator. I´m playing the ArmA Series for Years now, and DCS should be a great Step forward in simulated flying. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My System-Specs @ SysProfile

Real Pilots need "No Mark". :D

Hi @ all! My Name is Marc, and i´ve ordered DCS-A10C, to get my first Contact to a real Flight Simulator. I´m playing the ArmA Series for Years now, and DCS should be a great Step forward in simulated flying. :D

Welcome, your in for a big surprise coming from Arma!

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Welcome on-board! As Cali said: you're going to get a big surprise, and a BIG learning curve! Don't get scared from it though, hang through and everything will come together.

:beer: :drunk:

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I;m Whisky One or W1 from the Netherlands.

thanks for sharing the know how.

I started my A-10C pit quite some months ago named the whogbox1.0 for wannabe hawg or whisky hawg box.

Now I'm busy looking for parts.

Ill post some pics of my first pit soon.

Hi there, I'm Sharpe, from the Netherlands.

I've been lurking on these forums ever since the second version of the P51 beta came out. And looking back at Il2 (including CLOD) I must say that this P51 works mightily sweet!

Bearcat here. I just saw this thread so I figured I'd hit it... been posting for a few weeks .. been simming for a while.. just not here.. It took a Mustang to get mer over here... :thumbup::pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Fx-8350 | ASUS M5A99X EVO | EVGA 1050G PS | Corsair Force 3 240GSSD

Samsung 840 EVO 500G SSD | 32G Corsair Vengance DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 7200RPMHD

WD 2TB 7200 RPMHD XFX DD FX-HD 7870 2GB DDR5 | SB Xi-Fi APU | W7 U | TIR3

MSFFB2 | Saitek X-52|SaitekPro Pedals | Logitech Z-640 5.1 | ASUS VE248 24" LCD

• 3 weeks later...

I´ve been on this forum looking around for about 1,5 year, and finally I see this thread! But better to present myself late, than never ;)

Well I´m a 21 year old "boy" living in Sweden. I just got my first occupation as pavement worker. I did try to become a fighter pilot within the SwAF, but got rejected by various reasons (mostly my grades) so I´m not the typical well-behaved school boy.

I´ve had my interest of airplanes since I saw the first airshow with a JAS 39 Gripen as a small boy - the noice scared the sh*t out of me! But since then I´ve been hoked!

I bought my first flight simulator (Flanker 2,5) and since then I´ve just wanted to improve the reality even more of my "flying experience" and now I fly the A-10C.

Yeah that´s me! Hope to see you all on the forums! :)

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Sceptre, for those of you who don't know me, which there are many:P

Anyway, I have Arma 2 co, BMS and lots of sims (check my profile to see)

and I would be thrilled to have some multiplayer sessions in the hog, on arma 2, ka-50, F-16, anything really. I've got TS3 and a mic and stuff so send me a PM if you like:D

I live in Dunedin, NZ and I love flight simming, skiing, flying and building models. I want to be a heli/transport pilot in the RNZAF, but I have to wear glasses so I don't think I can.

I love this place, full of friendly people and great support and of course the best flight sims!

Edited by Sceptre

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Hi,

My name is Paul, in game name AceKng1. I'm a software engineer from the US, East Coast.

My first sim was Jane's Longbow Gold and I've been hooked since then. Played USAF and USNF but always preferred choppers. I wanted to fly helis for the army but eyesight isn't good enough. When I saw the previews for Black Shark I couldn't wait to fly it. I couldn't believe that level of detail could be available in a desktop sim.

I've been flying BS and A-10c since they came out. I've been browsing these forums for awhile and have found the people on here very friendly and helpful. If it wasn't for your help my various hardware and software would not be working the way they are now and I'm very thankful for that. I'm looking to start flying multiplayer soon and hope to see you guys online!

Thanks,

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

New guy checking in

Hi everyone,

after lurking around on these forums I have finally decided to take the plunge and register so I could say hi to this amazing community.

Please allow me to introduce myself: My name is Andre, 38 years old and I am from Germany (which means English is not my native language, so please apologize any errors I might make).

I have been playing flightsims for all my life, starting off with pure text based ones (anyone remember "

"?) and moving on to MS Flight Simulator as well as various combat sims. My last real study sim was Falcon 4.0, and boy, did I love that one. Played it till my fingers bled. In fact that sim gave me a good time before I even paid for it in the store back then: The cashier wanted to pick up the box I gave to her, obviously expecting the usual (even back then) light box with just a CD and a thin instruction sheet inside. When she took it, her hand - along with the box in it - actually fell back down to the desk, hehe. She looked at me in a weird way and asked "what´s in there, a brick?", to which I replied "yep, and I will read every single page of it", which left her with a very puzzled look. Aaah, good times... :prop:

Anyway, real life commitments have kept me from doing any serious simming in the last few years. When I heard about DCS- A-10C I was both happy and sad. Happy because the A-10 is one of my alltime favorites, and sad because I just didn´t have the time to properly learn it.

Well, then I happened to get injured pretty badly in the line of duty (I am a firefighter), and I got messed up so bad that the docs told me it would be at least another six months until I could get back to duty.

So there I was, thinking "six months, huh? Guess that finally gives me enough time for another study sim", and before I knew it I had ordered a copy of DCS- A-10C. Being an experienced Falcon pilot and being familiar with flying itself, I figured I would devote a week or so to learning everything and then enjoy the rest of the time flying this baby around.

Yeah, right.

After reading through the manual, trying out the first training missions and reading in these very forums, my mindset changed to "Holy crap, wtf was I thinking?" :D

It very quickly dawned on me that a week of learning was not exactly cutting it. In fact, I´d be happy if I learned enough over the next six months so I wouldn´t get myself into trouble every other flight. By now I am drowning in a sea of papers (various manuals, notes, tutorials, cheat sheets and whatnot), I have read every single interesting-sounding topic in these forums up to page 100 (yes, seriously) and I am hitting up YouTube daily in search for new learning material. It has actually turned into hard work and serious learning, but man! Is it ever rewarding! Everytime I master another sub-system I get this warm fuzzy feeling inside, and if it weren´t for my ears I´d be grinning in circles. Quite funny when a buddy stops over and asks me "umm, dude, shouldn´t you be in pain?" and I go "I am, but I´m still having the time of my life". Confuses the shit out of them, hehe.

So anyway, I hope to soon be a contributing member to this awesome community and maybe see a couple of you guys in the virtual skies. This sim will have my loyalty for at least a couple of years, that much is for sure. Just flying this baby around feels so right. ED have nailed it perfectly, and I can´t wait to see what else they come up with. In fact, just to support them, I have already bought a second copy of the sim. Speaking of buying new things, this sim sure is expensive... well, not the software itself, but everything related to it. After playing around in it for about an hour after I got it, I placed my order for the TM HOTAS Warthog. Another two days later I ordered the TM MFDs. That was quickly followed by the Saitek Combat rudders, and at present I am waiting for my Track IR to arrive. Lots of money, but worth every single cent so far. If it weren´t for my credit card desperately begging me to stop it already, I already would have ordered a new computer as well. Oh well, maybe next week... ;)

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

• 3 weeks later...
Please allow me to introduce myself: My name is Andre, 38 years old and I am from Germany (which means English is not my native language, so please apologize any errors I might make).

Andre,

Welcome to the fold. Your English is WAY better than my German which can be pretty much summed up with the phrase "Ein Bier, bitte" I spent 22 years in the USAF and was lucky enough to visit you country many times and loved each trip. The best was in 1999 during the Kosovo war. I spent 5 months living on Rhine Main AB. (You should know that the best pizza I've had in my life was at a little Hoffbrau on the lower level of the airport!)

Well, then I happened to get injured pretty badly in the line of duty (I am a firefighter), and I got messed up so bad that the docs told me it would be at least another six months until I could get back to duty.

It's nice to see another Brother in the group although I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. I wish you a speedy recovery. I'm also a career Firefighter/Engineer with a Small Fire department in Northern California. I work a 48/96 schedule which leaves me quite a bit of time to play off duty and some time study when I'm on duty...

Take Care, Get well Soon and if you ever have any questions that seem tooooo silly to ask in the open forum, hit me up. I'm used to it.

Take Care

Gary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, I'm ChaotikChiken.

DCS A-10C is one of my first authentic simulators I've ever played on PC and boy has it taken some time to really get the hang of! I've played other flight simulators in the past, but this one by far stands out to be the best by a longshot. I've had this game now for almost a year and just slowly getting to play some more multiplayer to connect with the community and get some helpful tips.

I'm from NY and hopefully I'll see some of you online :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old System Specs:

CPU: AMD Pnehom II x6 1090T

MOBO: Asus M4A88TD-V

GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1371-AR GeForce GTX 460

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

HDD: Hitachi GST Deskstar 7K3000 2TB

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

Monitor: Gateway FHD2400 24" (1920x1200)

Mouse: Logitech G9x

Extras:

LG WH10LS30 BD Burner

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Sharkoon SR 5.1 Surround Headset

Thrustmaster T1600 Joystick

• 3 weeks later...

I'm voltctrl.

DCS A-10c is my first real flight simulator I've gotten into. I was spurred by how much fun it was to fly in WWII online and BF3. However, BF3 was a pretty bad game, and I know the rep BF3 pilots have here. Worry not, I'm actually reading the manual.

Hoping to build my own cockpit, more or less. I'm planning to make the CMSP for a school project.