• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone! My name is Lewie, and I am relatively new to DCS. I am eager to jump right in and crush capitalism join the DCS community! (current setup is 'ol faithful....keyboard and mouse)

Use this thread if you would like to introduce yourself to the community.

Hi guys,   I'm Daniel. From Switzerland. My mother tongue is French, but I can also English, German, Italien and a bit of Russian.   I flew for more than 20 years on MS Flight Simu

Wow, no new users since 2009?,  I'll be the first, been playing since prolly around 2009, my name is Jake, im an alcholic (oh wrong meet and greet), I'm retired, wife is gone, and kids are older so i got all day and night to play this game now

Hello from Lake City, Michigan, USA.    Very interesting to read all of your comments on this page.  

I see that Overdose1 above has done the training exercises with the SU25T.  Good to hear about that.  I have not tried the SU25T yet.  Basically I've been trying to learn the TF-51D.  Have about 35 hours on the TF-51D so far, and am getting the hang of it.  At first I always overshot the entire runway trying to land because I didn't know the difference between the RPM and the throttle.  So this has been a great learning experience for me.  I like being able to control all of the switches, knobs, and levers in the cockpit.  Makes it seem more real for me.  I got the Mission Editor figured out enough to plan flights from one airport to another, and am even making good landings on a fairly regular basis.  My age is 74. My wife and I got our covid shots a few weeks ago.  Have not been away from home over night for over a year, so we're looking forward to getting out a little bit if the virus continues to control itself.  To all of you on this page - stay healthy, and will be looking for you on the forum down the road.

• Like 1
Hello from Lake City, Michigan, USA.    Very interesting to read all of your comments on this page.  
I see that Overdose1 above has done the training exercises with the SU25T.  Good to hear about that.  I have not tried the SU25T yet.  Basically I've been trying to learn the TF-51D.  Have about 35 hours on the TF-51D so far, and am getting the hang of it.  At first I always overshot the entire runway trying to land because I didn't know the difference between the RPM and the throttle.  So this has been a great learning experience for me.  I like being able to control all of the switches, knobs, and levers in the cockpit.  Makes it seem more real for me.  I got the Mission Editor figured out enough to plan flights from one airport to another, and am even making good landings on a fairly regular basis.  My age is 74. My wife and I got our covid shots a few weeks ago.  Have not been away from home over night for over a year, so we're looking forward to getting out a little bit if the virus continues to control itself.  To all of you on this page - stay healthy, and will be looking for you on the forum down the road.
Welcome! You're in for a treat!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hi, Tony here. 45 years old and have always been fascinated with fighters and aviation in general. Like many I was never smart enough to do it for real so I became a firemen lol! At any rate, I'm just getting into DCS and the Hornet and am looking forward to this very steep learning curve! Advice is certainly welcome!!!! Cheers! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Newish to the game, 62 years young, UK based and raring to go. just trying it out at the moment with a view to purchasing the flaming cliffs 3 module to get started.

have fun

and stay safe

Edited by 1959Bolton
  • Like 1

New to the forum and the sim. Just started about a week ago and been toying around and enjoying it. Looks like it's going to be a steep learning curve and looking forward to it. Hello from TX, US. 

20210408_123131.jpg

• Like 1