Meet and Greet

Hello and greetings.  just getting into flight sims.  hope to build my self a simple cockpit (Akers Barnes) to use with VR.  My current VR headset is the Rift S, I am debating on upgrading to the Pimax 5k super.  the planes i want to learn to fly are the F14/15/16/18.

x570 elite, 3800x - going to upgrade, 5700xt strix - going to upgrade, 64gb RAM
Custom water loop.
Rift S

Hello,

Pewmonk here just getting back into flight sims. Loving DCS, in spite of flying the F/A18c with a Logitech flight yoke system for now 🙂 . Currently working my way through the Chuck's guide and various video.  I look forward to getting shot down/blown up a lot. I just ordered a Virpil throttle, Base (Warbird) and grip can't wait to give that a go once they arrive.

Hi guys,

I'm Daniel. From Switzerland. My mother tongue is French, but I can also English, German, Italien and a bit of Russian.

I flew for more than 20 years on MS Flight Simulator. I used to be very active in creating sceneries from FS2002 to FSX. But I'm now a bit tired of spending more time on creating than playing and slowly I turned to a combat simulator. In FSX I could play with TacPack add-on, which is great.

Well after my old computer death, I hesitated between staying glue on FSX, trying MSFS2020 and... DCS. The last choice is the one I selected.

Very pleased to meet you.

Daniel

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm Rejean from Montreal. I'm 55 and just discovered DCS a few weeks ago, always been interested by aircrafts and got introduced to the world of sims in early 2000 with Microsoft flight simulator. Keep on bothering peoples at the flight school in the neighborhood to sell me maps and books to learn VOR and NDB's Sids and Stars.  I've always been a big enthusiast in any project I decide to go for. I then quit flight sim for a long time, before discovering DCS and I guess that the fact that controllers wheren't where it is today was a huge point of decision at that time. Bla, bla bla

Right Now I'm impressed with the evolution over the past years, so i'm back in, and can't wait till Virpil V.F.K and CM3 throttle arrives...by that time I'll keep on adding commands to voiceattack and start adjusting the TrackIP pro 5 when it arrives sometimes today. Ahhhh see how I get enthusiast lol.

Have fun in DCS ! 

Hope to see you soon as I get better and can fly with others...

Rejean

• Like 1

Rook here.  Used to play Falcon 4 and sibling releases (BMS, FreeFalcon) for years, even flew with a couple of VFS and a few fly-in LAN parties.  Looking to get back into combat flight sims, and of course came straight here.  I own the base DCS and am looking to start purchasing platforms and campaigns.  Hope to learn a lot.

• Like 1

Hello, My name is Gummy/Will and I am an alcoho.....WRONG GROUP!

Hello, My name is Gummy/Will - I'm your friendly neighborhood Alaskan, and love VR DCS and just got myself a UH-1H Huey 🙂 
Been on flight sim's for a long time, played a LOT of microsoft flight sim X and others before it, and a myriad of other titles!

Hello.  I am Tyrant Biggles.  I discovered DCS just today and look forward to getting blown out of the sky by each and every one of you.  After the first kill I would appreciate some pity and tips on how to progress in the game.  I played Janes FA-18 years ago and am really jazzed to get back into a decent flight simulator.

• Like 1

Avatar3s from the O.C. of SoCal. Been fiddling with DCS for months 'til I got serious start of the year with A-10C II and F-14A/B then followed up with a plethora of other planes and a supercarrier - for immersive purposes. Used to fly with MicroProse F-19 Stealth Fighter and  Dynamix A-10 Tank Killer on DOS - yes, I'm old. Looking forward to get familiar with setup and flying before fully diving into VR mode.

Hello,

I am a fan of Digital Combat Simulator from Poland. I started my long-time adventure with simulators in 1991, playing Ace of Aces on Commodore-64. Since then, I flew in many games of the flight sim genre, I just can't name them all. I remember the "golden era" of flight simulators in the 90s, when those games drove development od 3D graphics. Microprose, Digital Integration, Digital Image Design, Ocean Software, Sierra Dynamics, Novalogic and many more - those companies delivered us many outstanding flight sims every year, more or less realistic.

Today, thanks to Eagle Dynamics, the fligt sim genre has good prospects for the future. I am glad to be the part of this forum.

Greetings! 

Youtube videos have drawn me to DCS. I also just ordered a monster gaming machine to play DCS, and I'm looking forward to jumping in.

Question: HOTAS or VR? My new machine will be able to run VR. I think VR would be a blast. 

I'm an old man just looking forward to fun..

7 hours ago, Smokeman said:

Question: HOTAS or VR? My new machine will be able to run VR. I think VR would be a blast.

HOTAS for sure, without a HOTAS you are bound to your keyboard and in VR this is a bit tricky, more then a bit tricky in fact. Get a VR later.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

9 hours ago, Smokeman said:

Question: HOTAS or VR?

HOTAS is way more important in a study sim if you're any serious about good flying. You can fool around in VR without it but you don't need DCS for that.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hello Pilots! New to the forum but a fan of DCS for a couple of years now I´ll send you my best wishes from Germany. As the user JetJake76 mentioned further up I made my digital flights  first on a C64 too :). Gloriuous to experience my favourite simulator in the splendid quality we have now! Real life flying for me was a couple of hundred hours in gliders mostly but also in single engine moran-saulniers. Life later drove me to simulator "only" :). My most beloved and used planes are the Mig21 and the Viggen. Aviojet, P47 and I16 are close up. Kind regards, Fleur79

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After watching DCS on YouTube for the past couple of years, finally decided to make the leap. Holy smokes does this game scratch every itch. 

I may have thought I was an ace back in the day with Falcon 4.0.  This....this is a whole new ballgame.  And I love it.

• Like 2

Hey guys!

Total noob here. I can only second VCENTS thoughts! Plenty of time watching DCS on youtube and now finally getting involved. Have just been doing all the training missions in the SU25T for about a month, couple of hours most nights. Flew a little bit in multiplayer in the Freeflight / training server. My MO is to generally wander the skies, find a ground target, spend an hour or two trying to blow it up and then eventually crashing! Cant get enough of it though!

• Like 2

Hi from Vancouver BC.

Two friends and myself are getting ourselves sorted out with equipment and will be ready to start our training, on the F-15C to start. While there are some excellent resources online we would like to join a squadron - preferably in our time zone (Pacific). If anyone has suggestions for a squadron looking for some keeners then please let me know.

Cheers, 

John 

Edited by Vlamgat
Typo
  • Like 1