Should work perfectly. I use my TrackIR4 on my 22 inch and it's absolutely awesome.

Extra monitors would actually decrease the gain you get from a TrackIR, since then you can have a wide and potentially complete field of view anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

22" LCD working fine here.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Use the extra monitor for your SHKVAL screen and Nav display...

Skydoc, out!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"...es gibt viel zu tun, paken Wir's an!"

------------

HAF 932, core I7 920 @ 2.67ghz, HD 4870 X2 2GB, 6GB RAM on a ASUS P6T Deluxe with some big@ss hard drive and onboard sound, TIR4, TM suite and Cyborg Keyboard/Cybersnipa Keypad

Wish I had an extra monitor, I do have a 37" sharp aquos 1080p about 3-4ft left of my monitor. Best I can do with it so far is mirrored desktop. Good to hear others using a 22" lcd though and having trackir working nice.

How does looking left and right work though? Its got sensitivity settings for looking left/right?... If so, is it to sensitive at times? Or do you have to just get used to using it?

Edited by Harry Cockpit

I thought the DVD did come with a TIR 4 discount as well.

Do a forum search and it'll probably show up somewhere. ;)

I am running my TIR 4 with the TrackClip Pro on my 22" monitor and -as said by others- am loving it.

I think it would be wise to go for the bundle, because while the standard hat clip works ok, you will certainly experience even better and more accurate control with the trackclip pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I used to use TIR4 with a 20" Sammy and it was cool just that take your time with it as it takes time to tweak it. Although bigger the screen the better lol.

O yeah watch out for motion sickness some people get it some don't..

Asus Maximus Formula ( Rampage bios ) | Q9550 \Xigmatek HDT-S1283| G.Skill 2x2GB | AxeRam 2x2GB | HD6970 | 3xWDYS250GIG Raid0 | M25-X Raid0 | TEAC exturnal DVD |TOSHIBA 40" 1080p LCD HDTV| PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad CF Edition |TIR4 |TT Armor.

trakir is a must-have :)

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

A10 startup procedure -->

I wouldn't sim without Track IR.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

trakir is a must-have :)

I wouldn't sim without Track IR.

I'd die without mine... Honest. One of those things once you had it you know you'l miss it.

Asus Maximus Formula ( Rampage bios ) | Q9550 \Xigmatek HDT-S1283| G.Skill 2x2GB | AxeRam 2x2GB | HD6970 | 3xWDYS250GIG Raid0 | M25-X Raid0 | TEAC exturnal DVD |TOSHIBA 40" 1080p LCD HDTV| PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad CF Edition |TIR4 |TT Armor.

Aye, TrackIR is bloody dangerous. You'll honestly be quite fine without it (I didn't get one until a couple weeks into playing Black Shark and was quite proficient with using the mouse to control view in sims) but once you have one it will be such a quantum leap that you can no longer understand how you managed without it. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

How does looking left and right work though? Its got sensitivity settings for looking left/right?... If so, is it to sensitive at times? Or do you have to just get used to using it?

Yeah, the sensitivity is 100% customizable. You can make acceleration curves (so the more you turn your head, the faster it moves your view, for example), and even have different settings for left versus right, or up versus down, etc. It's quick and easy to change, and I think you can even do it mid-game, for experimentation purposes. The TrackIR software is terrific for that stuff!

Whether it's too sensitive is completely personal preference, but my main changes were to take out the dead zones, and make the translation axes more linear. In other words, I thought the acceleration was way too high for the linear movements like zooming in and out, so I flattened the curve, and now they're a better representation of what I'm actually doing with my head. Your mileage may vary.

If you don't have the money, I would suggest a completely different alternative. Get Cachya which works just as well as Track IR, if not better, (tested this already). This program is only $14.99 and uses a webcam. You can find it at www.Cachya.com It works the same way as Track IR and has the same 6DOF that Track IR uses. If you have a webcam already, all you do is buy the program for $14.99 and print out, (or draw) a head sign that you attach to a hat. You can find the printout on the website. The program works awesome and tracks your head movements very smoothly. You WON'T be disappointed. I tested Track IR already and I can honestly say that Track IR does not work any better than Cachya. DON'T waste your money on Track IR when there are cheaper and just as good alternatives out there. There is a free trial version of Cachya on the website so you can try it out. It only uses 1 axis though. I suggest buying cachya though so you can make use of the full 6DOF.

*Just a note. This program works the best when you have a light above your monitor so that it illuminates your sign much better. You also want a fairly dark room with no windows behind you during the day. Then it takes about an hour to 2 hours to tweak the program so it works perfect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

Well for me, I've already bought. And game developers design head-tracking around trackir. You get what you pay for I guess.

I don't understand what your saying, Cachya works straight out of the box for Black Shark as well. In fact every sim Ive tried, cachya works straight out of the box. The only thing I had to do was choose which axis to use for which head movement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just meant that you don't have to use any external programs for it to work in Black Shark other than Cachya. And yes, you do have to print out a head sign, (or draw it, I had to do this since I didn't have a printer). I guess I can make a track using cachya in Black Shark. I've never made a video before so I'll have to figure it out. Or, you can just go to the website. They have You Tube links to videos. www.cachya.com

Edited by Sharkster64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]