Sim-Wolfs B-2A Spirit - SR-71A BlackBird

Alper22

Hi guys. Here is the our new two planes we were work on it.

SR-71 animations and textures finish. But i must make a pilot for that planes.

For B-2, animations almost finish. Model finish. Just we must work on the textures. I dont know how to make damage models too much. I dont have too much information about it. Maybe i will pass that damage models. Thats my first plane experience. So i have some mistakes of course.:sad_2:

But i hope you guys like it. I will release SR-71 in some days for beta test.

But still i have some problems about skin for SR-71.

Here is the some photos;

b24xel.jpg

b23hhu.jpgb22e.jpgb21j.jpgSR-71;

sr71ablackbird.jpgsr71ablackbird2.jpgsr71ablackbird3.jpgsr71ablackbird4.jpgCockpit view(No textore yet:music_whistling:);

sr71akokpit1.jpgsr71akokpit2.jpgsr71akokpit3.jpgIngame of SR-71;

screenshot016x.jpg

And that problem i talking about. Half of dark and half of light on this texture. Its about model? But i fix it on 3dmax. I edit textures on material editor but it didnt effect the game;

screenshot011y.jpg

Thats all. Hope you guys like it.:thumbup:

Edited by Alper22

"Let my armies be the rocks, and the trees, and birds in the sky"

True. We gonna replace the F-5E. I test it and its best plane for SR-71. And i think about B-2. Maybe i replace the B-1. I think its best plane for B-2

Hi,

The missile location could be change in the ../ME/MeInit.xml. Check the selected plane pylon section. The meinit file contains a list of objects, weapons, aircraft, and pylons and defines each item, and how they are used together.

Check it: http://simmod.pbwiki.com/

I had a damage modeling tutorial vid, but I can't found at the moment. So there is my way.

Our example will be for Arg No. 60 , Right elevator destruction (0=off, 1=On).

The idea is to have 2 models for the elevator, one of them is the damage model and have it replace the original model when its triggered by the game engine, hence the "ArgBased Visibility" controller.

Since this is not a key animation, its on/off, I will use the "Track viewer" to do the whole job.I usually use a frame span of 61 from -30 to 30 whenever the argument is from -1 to 1 for arguments from 0 to 1 span I use frames 0 to 30 since there is no reverse movement.

In our example, frame 15 is midway and the model's visibility swaping should occure there. Its a good practice to have the damage model visible one frame before the original model dissapears. Hence frame 15: damage model visible, Frame 16: original model invisible (this is ofcourse for 30 frame span)

So, very simply, I just reverse the visibility track curve at the desired frame. 1 being visible, and -1 invisible. Of course the damage model will start in a -1 state.

All the beest,

beczl

Great stuff! Thanks for teh info!:thumbup:

I have one question about the damagemodel though, for the damaged part, it should use the original texture, so it shows the correct skin, but also it should have a damage texture on it, so that the part also looks damaged. How do you fix that? Is it done by placing planes with tga texture on top of the damaged part, or is there some secret formula I dont know of?

I use only tga texture for small damage effects e.g. bulletholes, cratch etc. For the heavy damage I create a different, damaged (truncated) model part and use tga texture too. I combine this two method with visibility track.

Guys its me again. I have a problem again.

My plane is like invisible;

problemq.jpg

I can see gears from top view. Its dam annoying;

screenshot042.jpgIm waiting for answers. Thanks for all of your helps.

Whoa there, did someone just throw an F-22 Raptor in my face???

Awesome, I love this plane.

The only thing I can think of is that the landing gear assembly is protruding (although not by much) through the top face of your model.

What can you see with top down view with landing gear extended (out)?