AH-64A addon or ?.

AsRockSD

I heared a few things around here that there's going be a AH-64A. My question is if it be a addon to BS or a new game ?.

Asus Maximus Formula ( Rampage bios ) | Q9550 \Xigmatek HDT-S1283| G.Skill 2x2GB | AxeRam 2x2GB | HD6970 | 3xWDYS250GIG Raid0 | M25-X Raid0 | TEAC exturnal DVD |TOSHIBA 40" 1080p LCD HDTV| PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad CF Edition |TIR4 |TT Armor.

it'll be a module AFAIK. this means that you'll be able to play separately or combine it with recenly released DCS projects

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

Kinda both. It's a full game but also will be compatible online with other modules.

What I don't know if each module will have it's own gui and executable or there will be the posibility of adding each module to the same gui using just one executable.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Small correction here everyone, ED is TRYING to make the next sim, DCS A-10 backwards compatible but there hasn't been a for sure confirmation on that yet. The A-10 is next in about 9 months, and then after that it was speculated the AH-64A but not confirmed by ED as of yet.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

It was never confirmed that they would ever produce the Apache, and if they were to, it may be years from now.

never? ill say it with Oleg Maddox words "you are wrong" - if you look at BS and what ED has done, im thinking it is sure that the planning for all planes will be finished!;)

A-10C

AH-64A

SU-27

F-15C

RichardG, It's not an "addon". One of several relevant quotations from this very thread.

Kinda both. It's a full game but also will be compatible online with other modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I hope not. If its an add on, we'll be stuck with the same terrain graghics. Thats part of the sim need to be completely redone. Its pretty outdated right now.

It's not an "addon" it's a going to be separate, but the plan is to make it compatible with KA-50.

I'm curious to know what sim has the BEST terrain graphics? People keep saying it's outdated and I've not really seen anything else out there with this level of attention to aircraft detail, FM, avionics etc.

I won't accept "battlefield 2 or Crysis as a basis for comparison either because those are not sim's by any means. Just curious, not trying to start anything just to be clear:smartass::smartass:

never? ill say it with Oleg Maddox words "you are wrong" - if you look at BS and what ED has done, im thinking it is sure that the planning for all planes will be finished!;)

A-10C

AH-64A

SU-27

F-15C

And why would you want to do the "A" model Apache? Seems the "D" model would be the way to go. :huh:

Skydoc, out!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"...es gibt viel zu tun, paken Wir's an!"

------------

HAF 932, core I7 920 @ 2.67ghz, HD 4870 X2 2GB, 6GB RAM on a ASUS P6T Deluxe with some big@ss hard drive and onboard sound, TIR4, TM suite and Cyborg Keyboard/Cybersnipa Keypad

Hei Oleg's sentence was "You is wrong" XD

BTW terrain engine will be updated for everyone because it's part of DCS (the platform) and not module. But, engine is not the same as textures, etc. so we might get an increased detail because elevation matrix might be better, not because textures are revamped.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Hei Oleg's sentence was "You is wrong" XD

BTW terrain engine will be updated for everyone because it's part of DCS (the platform) and not module. But, engine is not the same as textures, etc. so we might get an increased detail because elevation matrix might be better, not because textures are revamped.

Theory is nice, but I see very difficult to change the whole visual engine without break anything of Ka-50. We will see and I really hope old aircraft could be used in future DCS iterations, but definitely it is not a easy matter.

Regards!!

And why would you want to do the "A" model Apache? Seems the "D" model would be the way to go. :huh:

If you get an AH-64D operator to sign a contract with ED, giving them the information on the classified systems in the D model, then it'll happen. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If you get an AH-64D operator to sign a contract with ED, giving them the information on the classified systems in the D model, then it'll happen. ;)

Well, you could start off with what is already available on the internet and get it pretty darn close. Consider the Training Circular for starters:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/docs/tc-1-251-cover.htm

Not top mention all the EPs, training aids that are available in/around Ft Rucker in stores like "Wings" - It would lead to a pretty robust simulation.

Skydoc, out!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"...es gibt viel zu tun, paken Wir's an!"

------------

HAF 932, core I7 920 @ 2.67ghz, HD 4870 X2 2GB, 6GB RAM on a ASUS P6T Deluxe with some big@ss hard drive and onboard sound, TIR4, TM suite and Cyborg Keyboard/Cybersnipa Keypad

That's manuals and training aides.

Not detailed specifications on the internal workings of it's avionics suites, sensor systems, jamming systems, weapon systems and so on.

EDIT:

I'll put it like this - with the AH-64A it is possible to make a simulation that truly aspires to be "as real as it gets" on a home PC. With the AH-64D, we'd get an AH-64A with added guesswork and approximations. The difference is important.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

And as ED has stated more than once, they prefer to make full detail, high fidelity simulators. So only aircraft which have declassified technical info can be digitalised for entertainment for a bunch of enthousiasts to play with (that's us!) ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

The AH 64D is a no go so don't ask for it. As Yskonyn stated, ED has set a lvl of detail and won't done anything less than that full detail. This is why ED will have the best sim's on the market. Sit back and enjoy what ever they can bring to the table.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

To put it simply, the AH-64D "-10" manual is restricted by arms export controls. The AH-64A "-10" restriction has been lifted. Without a legitimate method of obtaining the -D data and furthermore obtaining permission to use the data in DCS, ED cannot develop an AH-64D model for DCS - even if they have all of the necessary info. In the business of accurate military platform simulation, you just don't mess with closed government data.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Sooo no one knows then ?.. Like dammit i just want a AH-64 added to the game so can get some same craft COOP..

And as seen as i was not much for Janes which went poof years ago it's been to long already. Last time i played a Apache on a computer was in 1995.

Wish they kept the forums up with more detail on what there planing and doing as to me the KA-50 suck compared too although thought i try it and it's not my thing lol.

Asus Maximus Formula ( Rampage bios ) | Q9550 \Xigmatek HDT-S1283| G.Skill 2x2GB | AxeRam 2x2GB | HD6970 | 3xWDYS250GIG Raid0 | M25-X Raid0 | TEAC exturnal DVD |TOSHIBA 40" 1080p LCD HDTV| PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad CF Edition |TIR4 |TT Armor.

They have stated that the A-10 is next. After that anything is up for grabs. The same a/c coop is quite a programming challenge. Not just from a 2 human perspective but 1 human 1 ai.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The A's better looking anyway. I never did like that big bulbous growth sat above the rotors. :D

Think about it... Nicolas Cage never had one. :smartass:

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM