1.1 Copy Protection Update

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will find that, like myself, most people love LOMAC and will do anything they can to support the developers. We all want V1.2 and future addons to be developed.

This just does not involve paying for another copy when we upgrade our computer hardware. I am sure the developers realise this and will make ammends, by some proof of purchase method or something.

Starforce WILL get cracked. Count on it, where there is demand there will be supply. I dont support this as some will use it to download or copy illegal copies, but unless a solution is found, I will probably use it myself (after paying for my 1.1) as I am currently upgrading my machine. I dont like using cracks but what do you do?.

I still believe that ED will come up with some solution, They are probably developing it now, Just wish they would answer our concerns about Starforce so we can update our computers and fully appreciate their great work.

Right, they "lied". Horse shit. For what reason? Why would anyone at ED want to decieve you or anyone else?

Think they didn't "lie", but simply ignore all troubles that comes with SF - and there are, look at the numerous forum threads all around the world concerning this topic, you can not pass over this. It's simple - their without question existing piracy problem is burden on the back of the customers. Seems to be common these days - I think of copy protected music CDs, that runs only in very special players. This will only work as long as the majority of the customers will accept this unspeakable practice. And I hope they will not.

Second is the limited activation. ED can sell their program like they want to, no question, but I would classify this way definitely as "immoral".

Right, they "lied". Horse shit. For what reason? Why would anyone at ED want to decieve you or anyone else?

They haven't lied. They simply haven't provided us with all the information that we as customers need.

I believe that we will be able to get more activation keys after we have spent the first 5. After all, the russian customers that buys the CD version aren't limited to these 5 activations. Why should the customers that choose the download option get a product with bigger limitations than the Russian customers? That doesn't make sense, so I believe that it won't be a problem getting more activations than the original 5. BUT, I won't buy the add-on before someone from ED gives me the facts.

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

Hello all,

I’m from StarForce technical support department. ED asks us to pay attention to this thread. I’m ready to answer all questions regarding the protection system. Please, if you have any exact questions post them below (since there is lots of information already posted including wrong facts and other unrelated things). I will sometimes visit this forum and answer them.

Best regards.

Hello...Mr. StarForce !!!

Where are you..?

Hi Mr. Starforce, You are very welcome here.

Maybe you could clear things up for us, Please make an effort to correct any misunderstanding we (The community) have about Starforce.

I am an average gamer with an average Machine currently being upgraded over time, My main concern is that during the upgrade process (More RAM, New vid card, Re-format, etc) I will use up all my activations.

So my (and I suspect, the community's) question is........ will we have to buy another copy or will there be some way of re-setting the starforce pgm activation counts?

Thankyou

Yes, maybe it's totally legal but... ED won't see the money of a lot of people if we'll have to buy the game a second after 5 (or 4) activations... It's really incredible... so incredible that I can't imagine ED doing that...

The reason would be to get our money. Money that we wouldn't have given them in exchange for a product with the StarForce problems that 1.1 has.

I don't know if anybody actually lied and I wouldn't accuse someone of lying unless there was proof. But without a doubt we were told things that weren't true. How ED responds to this will make or break them in their future business, in my opinion. Personally, I don't think they'll alienate their customer base any worse than they have already. Air combat sims are already a niche product and it just wouldn't make sense to screw over part of an already small customer base.

The unfortunate facts are simple and clear:

Three months ago I was very excited about Flaming Cliffs.

One month ago, I was checking all around to find out when it would be out, credit card in hand.

The day I heard about Starforce, and the activation scheme, that all went away. I dont like being disapointed, and I really am very disapointed I wont get to play FC, but there are very few things you can do that make less likely to support your product than treat me poorly. And I feel that the devs gave into fears and no doubt a strong marketing pitch, and made what I consider a huge error in judgement. At this point the chances of a recovery are about zilch. They cannot un-do the decisions they have made, and I doubt they would anyway.

We will never know how many more copies would have been sold if the activation and protection scheme where not there. I can only tell you that there is one less here....and I have advised everyone I know to avoid the game. This will be my last post in this forum as I have seen no sign the devs intend to treat me as a customer, and I just dont like the idea of being led around in the shackles everytime I want to play FC.

Like I have said before, there are many more circumstances of people having no problems, as there are of people with problems.

Might want to consider that. You might want to also consider, that without SF there are many games that have unsolved problems on certain individuals computers.

That certainly is alot of pages, asking alot of questions! ED take the time to answer this one right! I am founder/C.O./Leader, of the IronAngels Squad. I am the first in my squad to buy F.C. The rest of my squad is waiting for Visa to come, to buy their copies. I activated my copy the first time with my firewall up and it stopped half way through, then I closed my firewall to activate it. Found out I used two activations! Then I uninstalled it again because my squad wouldn't be able to get it for sometime, and needed a strong server to play in. ( My connections 2dn 1up). I was told by the end of the week visa would be availible. I installed again for the weekend. 3 activations. Now I'm told paypal, and visa are not availible. Dare I uninstall again to support and supply MY team with a decent server? After the first week I have used 3 activations. Soon I will be changing my mb, and adding another CPU.(Dual CPUs).

You see what I'm getting at? I turn around and lose activations. My entire squad wants to know certain about the SF protection, straight answer; before they put money out for it. I have supported LockOn and the community, by my lead, and this has costed monies to do so. (Site/Coms/Computer hardware/Large band net connection). Give us some sound of mind ED. The SF protection is really not needed. I personally think your turning people away with this. They would have paid for the game already,the minute it came out, but now are even more reluctant. In fact if this is not straightened out soon, I too will turn my back as well. ($43Can. is only a drop in the bucket ED), something I plan on paying for once, and once only.) I am supporting you, support us too! Give it to us straight and simple. Here's my question:Will you drop the activation thing (SF)?

The unfortunate facts are simple and clear:

Three months ago I was very excited about Flaming Cliffs.

One month ago, I was checking all around to find out when it would be out, credit card in hand.

The day I heard about Starforce, and the activation scheme, that all went away. I dont like being disapointed, and I really am very disapointed I wont get to play FC, but there are very few things you can do that make less likely to support your product than treat me poorly. And I feel that the devs gave into fears and no doubt a strong marketing pitch, and made what I consider a huge error in judgement. At this point the chances of a recovery are about zilch. They cannot un-do the decisions they have made, and I doubt they would anyway.

We will never know how many more copies would have been sold if the activation and protection scheme where not there. I can only tell you that there is one less here....and I have advised everyone I know to avoid the game. This will be my last post in this forum as I have seen no sign the devs intend to treat me as a customer, and I just dont like the idea of being led around in the shackles everytime I want to play FC.

Man, you folks absolutely kill me with your bs. If you are/were as sincere as this 'bleeding heart' reply, you would buy/support ED no matter what.

Which hand is your credit card actually in?

You, as well as all of us (hopefully) know that there will be no play without pay. I can tell you one thing, I'd be on here posting a lot more, but i'm too busy playing FC right now. I am so glad I grabbed it as soon as I did.

"I dont like being disapointed, and I really am very disapointed I wont get to play FC, but there are very few things you can do that make less likely to support your product than treat me poorly."

Well, boo friggin-hoo!

Dude, who is treating you so badly? Looks to me as if a developer is attempting to bring you new and good stuff, and I can say that first-hand that some really great stuff has been delivered.

I think we are being treated really well. You really need to check out FC bro.

O'h well, back to my hole.

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

Most of the issues with SF are getting solved. From what I hear, people not being able to copy CD/DVD is solved by reinstalling.

Other than that, is losing activations, and ED already said they will give you more.

I really dont see the issue.

But then again, I dont care if the men in black suite are spying on my computer. I have nothing to hide, LOL.

People and there conspiracy theories.

And im with Slammin, dude you really need to check out FC. Its is the bomb I tell you LOL.

the 500 LGB is just damn cool. Try blowing up an ammo depot hehe.

Most of the issues with SF are getting solved. From what I hear, people not being able to copy CD/DVD is solved by reinstalling.

Other than that, is losing activations, and ED already said they will give you more.

I really dont see the issue.

But then again, I dont care if the men in black suite are spying on my computer. I have nothing to hide, LOL.

People and there conspiracy theories.

And im with Slammin, dude you really need to check out FC. Its is the bomb I tell you LOL.

the 500 LGB is just damn cool. Try blowing up an ammo depot hehe.

Good to know, wish somebody would have directed me to the thread that states that! Where is that thread? And if the're ready to give more activations, my question is put to rest! tks dude for being straight. Plz leave me that thread so I can post it on my site! (ironangelslockonsite.com)To let the team know there will be no problem with their purchase, or activations there-after!

I'm going after that ammo dump! :cool: