I have a VERY BIG NEWS about SKINS and MISSION - DcsMax 1.6

Skypat

theses are not good skin package, they overwrite some BS hotest files and are not registered correctly in ka-50.lua files

theses skins were the first out some month ago so they didn't use the good registering method.

try with recent skins ;)

Well, no luck here.

Modman reports that I have the following stuff installed :

Canadian_SkinsV1.4

DCS_Skin-Slovakia_Digital_Camo

Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture

I clicked on Uninstall, then Install, started DCSMax and still only see the black shark skins and the fictional ones.

Anything else to try ?

Skypat, the Canadian Skin pack should not overwrite anything. They should just be standard MODMAN skins.....(V1.4 was updated to be compliant with MODMAN 7.1 and newer)

However, MODMAN should not 'see' Canadian_SkinsV1.4 in the list, you need to extract the seperate skin rars and install them individually (there should be 4, one for each skin)

Merci :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Skypat, the Canadian Skin pack should not overwrite anything. They should just be standard MODMAN skins.....(V1.4 was updated to be compliant with MODMAN 7.1 and newer)

However, MODMAN should not 'see' Canadian_SkinsV1.4 in the list, you need to extract the seperate skin rars and install them individually (there should be 4, one for each skin)

Allright. I did what you said Moose and I now have the Slovanian skins available but the Canadian skins are not there and I installed the 4 archives.

I want the SAR so bad ;)

you 're right about your pack

it's DCS_Skin-Slovakia_Digital_Camo which don't register in the good way, it use the 'old' method

what is your modman version ? just to check and be sure

did you try in game ? did you see the canadian skin listed in BS misson editor ?

Allright. I did what you said Moose and I now have the Slovanian skins available but the Canadian skins are not there and I installed the 4 archives.

I want the SAR so bad ;)

Hmm. Do you see the 4 seperate skins in the MOD list? What country are looking for them in? They will install to Russia.

Yes, I can see the 4 skins ( and their demo screenshots ) in the list. I'll check tonight in the mission editor If I can load them for russia.

what is your modman version ? just to check and be sure

did you try in game ? did you see the canadian skin listed in BS misson editor?

Modman 7. I'll check tonight if I have time. Leaving for a week.

Thank you :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz-4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz-ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series -saitek Χ45-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"MINOAS11"

Is there a way to delete the utilities buttons?

I want to undo the utilities I have assigned.

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Is there a way to delete the utilities buttons?

I want to undo the utilities I have assigned.

Thanks!

from my Skypat notes ;)

if you want to change your custom utilities, just click again on the text below

if you want to remove a custom button utilities, DcsMax.ini is located in your personne application data folder

on vista

C:\Users\YOUR_ACCOUN_NAME\AppData\Roaming\DcsMax\D csMax.ini

just remove C1 to C3 line or Delete DcsMax.ini

[Path]

c1_exe=C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\razercfg.exe

c2_exe=C:\Program Files (x86)\HOTAS\Foxy.exe

c3_exe=C:\Program Files (x86)\HOTAS\HOTASConfig.exe

[start]

tir=1

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

Yes, I can see the 4 skins ( and their demo screenshots ) in the list. I'll check tonight in the mission editor If I can load them for russia.

Modman 7. I'll check tonight if I have time. Leaving for a week.

Moose, I only see one Ka-50 under russia and it load the default skin.

If I choose Canada and pick the Ka-50 there, I have the slovanian skin. For some reason, the skins do not install correctly.

Did you try installing the Canadian Skins and then the Slovak Skin? The Slovak skin uses a custom db_countries file which would overwrite the game one, and the Canadian Skins would not work.

Also, which version of MODMAN are you using? It need to be 7.1 or later for the Canadian Skins to work.

If you uninstall the Slovak Skin, then install the Canadian Skins they should be selectable as a Russian skins in the ME. The issue with the Slovak skin is the only way to add a KA-50 to another country (that wouldn't normally have it) is to use a custom db_countries file, which ruins all other skins which use the normal one. I'm not sure, you might be able to install the Slovak skin first, then the Canadian skins after.

Edited by RCN_Moose
  • Like 1

Did you try installing the Canadian Skins and then the Slovak Skin? The Slovak skin uses a custom db_countries file which would overwrite the game one, and the Canadian Skins would not work.

Also, which version of MODMAN are you using? It need to be 7.1 or later for the Canadian Skins to work.

If you uninstall the Slovak Skin, then install the Canadian Skins they should be selectable as a Russian skins in the ME. The issue with the Slovak skin is the only way to add a KA-50 to another country (that wouldn't normally have it) is to use a custom db_countries file, which ruins all other skins which use the normal one. I'm not sure, you might be able to install the Slovak skin first, then the Canadian skins after.

There you go.

Uninstalled all skins and reinstalled only the canadian one with Modman.

I guess i'll just pass on the slovanian skins. The Canadians one are good anyway. Espcially the CADPAT.

Thank you a bunch.

CADPAT_1.thumb.jpg.f1fc98ce73d8489d1ae0a1eb7880d23f.jpg

CADPAT_2.thumb.jpg.76280025f308d86a4fab28f175494f1d.jpg

SAR_1.thumb.jpg.a6e6edd208ec7d49347c61da8d39cab5.jpg

Edited by Vesperatus
Added images.

Skypat,

thank you for this program. It's very useful!

There's a couple of points i'd like to mention.

First, it would be good if DCS Max could remember the user's choice of CPU affinity. I have to choose 2 cores each time i launch the app.

Second, the message "your skin has been applied". It's a bit misleading when user doesn't choose any skin. Though it's not an important issue.

Wow, Great utillity! :D

Since you're able to modify mission files on the fly, would it be possible to add a switch that allowes the user to toggle between "cold & dark" and "up & running" for all missions.

I'm flying the oil war campaign atm. and my engines are running at the beginning of each mission. It feels somewhat "not real" to me. :joystick:

Greetings,

DocNobby

I read in the 1.01 Patch thread that Matt has went thru the campaigns and changed everything to cold start. So if you can wait for the patch that will be solved.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

• 1 month later...

DCS MAX 1.6 does not allow me to start Track IR 5 on Windows 7 64bit RC.

Anyone know why that is? Can it be that DCS MAx does not cope with blanks in the installation pat of Teamspeak?

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Yeah!

Time for a new version ! ;)

Greets

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

DCS MAX 1.6 does not allow me to start Track IR 5 on Windows 7 64bit RC.

Anyone know why that is? Can it be that DCS MAx does not cope with blanks in the installation pat of Teamspeak?

Probably because the new exe is called TrackIR5.exe

Awesome utility btw ,I too would love to have it TrackIR5 compatible.

Edited by BuzyBat

[sIGPIC]sigpic49498_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

DcsMax 1.6.1

DcsMax will monitor/detect ALL the solo mission and ALL the campaign mission Launch

During the 'loading screen', DcsMax will replace 'ON THE FLY' the default mission skin by YOUR beloved skin !

Your WignMen will have also your skin :)

by 'ON THE FLY', i mean that all the mission files (in yours several folders) are not modified at all :)

DcsMax is only processing the TEMPorary mission file loaded by dcs.exe :)

now you don't need anymore to edit mission file to use your skin !

now you can fly all campaign mission with your beloved skin !

the quick launch mission will also use your skin :)

THIS WORKS for all missions launched by either DcsMax or by either BS official MAIN MENU :)

it's not an april fish at all, i waited April 2, 2009 (in france) to announce you :)

DcsMax 1.6 is out

now, ENJOY your beloved skin in ALL MISSIONS :)

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=5777

best regards

Skypat

I suspect you've used the AutoIt? If so, is it possible to "opensource" it? Releasing the source files?

So anyone else can pack up a new exe whenever one needs it?

Like now, with TI5 ;)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning