I have a VERY BIG NEWS about SKINS and MISSION - DcsMax 1.6

Skypat

DcsMax 1.6.1

DcsMax will monitor/detect ALL the solo mission and ALL the campaign mission Launch

During the 'loading screen', DcsMax will replace 'ON THE FLY' the default mission skin by YOUR beloved skin !

Your WignMen will have also your skin :)

by 'ON THE FLY', i mean that all the mission files (in yours several folders) are not modified at all :)

DcsMax is only processing the TEMPorary mission file loaded by dcs.exe :)

now you don't need anymore to edit mission file to use your skin !

now you can fly all campaign mission with your beloved skin !

the quick launch mission will also use your skin :)

THIS WORKS for all missions launched by either DcsMax or by either BS official MAIN MENU :)

it's not an april fish at all, i waited April 2, 2009 (in france) to announce you :)

DcsMax161.jpg

DcsMax 1.6 is out

now, ENJOY your beloved skin in ALL MISSIONS :)

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=5777

best regards

Skypat

Edited by Skypat
  • Like 6

Ok. I started it but I cant load skins I have installed with modman 7. They do not show in the list.

uninstall then reinstall the skin you don't see in the list please

EACH time you install a skin with ModMan, you should relaunch DcsMax to update the combolist (only if DcsMax was already running)

BTW redownload 1.6.1 version (there was obvious bug due to compilation)

link is up

Thank you Skypat, just getting better and better. :D

So this allow players to join multiplayer games with their choice of skin? (please say its true :))

EDIT: Would it be possible in a future version, to have other linked apps (TS, mumble, phantom monitor fix), that automatically open and close like you can have trackir do? That would be great. Thanks :)

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

So this allow players to join multiplayer games with their choice of skin? (please say its true :))

actually only offline mission (quick start, single mission, campaign) are supported because the Multiplayer process is far more complicated to handle.

in multiplayer mode, Dcs.exe is already running, which make a big difference :(

dcs.exe is downloading mission from host.

and i'am not sure at all to be able to detect that the download is finished and i'am not sure to have the time to modify the mission 'on the fly' between the end of the download and the beginning of the briefing due to the fact that dcs.Exe is already running...

(in solo mode, it's launcher.exe which launch dcs.exe, so DcsMax have the time to modify mission)

Btw i working on skinning Multiplayer mission but no promise at all...

actually, i have found no way to do it.

Best regards

Skypat

Edited by Skypat

Thank you Skypat, just getting better and better. :D

EDIT: Would it be possible in a future version, to have other linked apps (TS, mumble, phantom monitor fix), that automatically open and close like you can have trackir do? That would be great. Thanks :)

yes several person asked for it, it's a good idea

i will add an 'autorun' checkbox for all the custom button in an upcoming version

best regards

Skypat

• Like 1

uninstall then reinstall the skin you don't see in the list please

EACH time you install a skin with ModMan, you should relaunch DcsMax to update the combolist (only if DcsMax was already running)

BTW redownload 1.6.1 version (there was obvious bug due to compilation)

I'll uninstall and reinstall and see if it fixes the issue and I will report back.

I'll redownload and make sure I have the latest version also.

I might be able to do all that tonight.

Thank you.

Haven't tried DcsMax 1.6.1 yet, but I have a humble request that would be very helpful to Saitek joysticks users. Would it be possible to make DcsMax load Black Shark profile in Saitek's profile manager? I quite often forgot to load my profile and have to alt-tab to windows after startig simulation to select Black Shark profile.

Oh, and thanks for very useful tool :)

Haven't tried DcsMax 1.6.1 yet, but I have a humble request that would be very helpful to Saitek joysticks users. Would it be possible to make DcsMax load Black Shark profile in Saitek's profile manager? I quite often forgot to load my profile and have to alt-tab to windows after startig simulation to select Black Shark profile.

Did you know that you can load SST profiles on the fly using only the joystick?

Press and hold the "i" button (little one in the middle of the small throttle rotary) , then use the main hat switch on the stick to navigate around your directory sctructure (directory and file names will be output in the MFD on the throttle) .. up /down to scroll in directory, left to unload a profile if one is loaded , and right to either go into a sub-directory, or if a profile is highlighted, then it will load that profile! ... select the [..] and press right on the hat to go up a directory level.

...unfortunately thats only good for the X52 and PX52 pro ... havent figured out how to load rudder pedal profiles on the fly.

Ti's usefull tho, say for eg. in lomac where you might be flying multiple aircraft type per session..

• Like 1

...unfortunately thats only good for the X52 and PX52 pro ... havent figured out how to load rudder pedal profiles on the fly.

Put your rudder pedal and X52/X52 Pro setup in the same SST profile. Selecting it should load both controller configs, I believe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

you can select a profile to be a startup profile. Whenever you plug your saitek in, the profile is loaded atomatically. I use it for both my X-52 and my commander unit (collective a la Urze). When I plug the collective, the collective profile loads up, and when I plug my X-52, my cyclic profile loads up as well. :thumbup:

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I know that pitbull, but I fly many various sims (mostly DCS, FSX, and few others occasionally) and it would be nice if Saitek's software would load a profile automatically, like TrackIR. That's why I thought about DcsMax support for Saitek's profiles.

yes several person asked for it, it's a good idea

i will add an 'autorun' checkbox for all the custom button in an upcoming version

best regards

Skypat

Thank you, that would be excellent. :thumbup:

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

First, great app - thanks!

Second, a bit of a note for Vista 32 (at least how I have it set up): the app wouldn't set the affinity to both cores the first time around.

However, running DCSMax "as administrator" sorted this right out.

Bear in mind that, yeah, I'm set up as an administrator on my own box and yeah, Vista is kind of overprotective.

it would be nice if Saitek's software would load a profile automatically, like TrackIR

Unfortunately, it's apples and oranges between the two.

TIR software monitors one's computer, looking for specific .exe's or .dll to load and then executes a profile that is uniquely named within the TIR software.

To make things even more complicated for the programmers, the flight sim itself has to have a native .dll that talks to the TIR software. That's why I had to update my TIR software when I got BS - it wouldn't work without that named "hook" that looked for Black Shark that was developed concurrently with the sim.

To do this for the X52 would be a whole different app, as it would have to dig right into the Saitek profiler code.

I'm not saying it can't be done.

But it sure would be a PITA to code and worthy of it's own "all bow down" thread on the Saitek (and other) sites in its own right.

I'll uninstall and reinstall and see if it fixes the issue and I will report back.

I'll redownload and make sure I have the latest version also.

I might be able to do all that tonight.

Thank you.

Well, no luck here.

Modman reports that I have the following stuff installed :

Canadian_SkinsV1.4

DCS_Skin-Slovakia_Digital_Camo

Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture

I clicked on Uninstall, then Install, started DCSMax and still only see the black shark skins and the fictional ones.

Anything else to try ?