Online Mig29 with MICA AR?

I just started flying online having finally gotten broadband. Apologies if this is a noob qstn, but reviewing the log after a most enjoyable session on the VS504 server I noticed a Mig29 was using MICA missiles. This can't be right surely..?? or am I missing something?

I took a screenshot - I've covered the names up.

MigMICA.jpg

This is surely cheating - or am I missing something?

Yep, this is someone using the 'mirage mod'. THis iwll not longer be possible supposedly as of 1.1, sinceit pushes the server's meinit ot the client.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It's pretty sad that they have to cheat CAUSE THEY SUCK!!!

Practice you bunch of dumbbutts!!! :evil: maybe that will help you.

you people ruin the game for others that want to have a good time. Go somewhere else and screw around like that with all your buddies.

If I took the screen shot I wouldn't have blanked out the person's name. I would of let everyone see who he/she was.

That MICA looks like a cheat...

But the fuel tank I don't know... I have downed people on my own server with my ECM pod according to the briefing, but it was a AIM-9. That fueltank could be a misscommunication between server and client. But I don't know, I find it funny though. Think of the accuracy!

Dropping fueltanks!

*THUD*

Splash one!

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

you people ruin the game for others that want to have a good time. Go somewhere else and screw around like that with all your buddies.

If I took the screen shot I wouldn't have blanked out the person's name. I would of let everyone see who he/she was.

Fair enough, there are some people like Hungarojet who seem to cheat all the time, but there are others who spend so much time modding and swapping about different mods that they forget they are using one when they go online. Its an automatic "click click click" and you are off, the pit is the same and externals are locked on most servers so you'll never know. It just doesn't register until you check the debrief yourself. I've been up a few times with inadvertant mods before, everything from Shepski's real weapons mod to the F/A-18 mod and a few others to boot, and people have been very polite in pointing out that I'm using a mod. I log off, restore my backups and log on again, no problems. The forcing of the servers files onto the client is something some of us think is much needed for this reason. Not everyone is a cheater, some people simply forget they are mid-mod.

If he's using the Mirage mod, then he may not even realize he's doing anything wrong. Even if he is aware he's using the mod, he may not realize that everyone else sees him as a MiG with inappropriate weapons. There's a big difference between maliciousness and incompetence.

Of course, either way the problem will soon be solved.

CanadaDave

Guest DeathAngelBR

Wonder what you would say about people using the R-27AE. I bet you don't take it as cheating.

Thanks all for confirming my suspisions. For the record the *gentleman* in question was not hungarojet.

Maj Goon I have emailed you the screenshot, no need to apologise.

Good to hear that in v1.1 this sort of thing will be eliminated.

Wonder what you would say about people using the R-27AE. I bet you don't take it as cheating.

Yes I think that is cheating also, that AE/EA what you want to call them were removed. I know 1 server that allows them to be used, so if your flying in that server it is fine to use them. Me and a few told him they were removed but he didnt care. It is HIS server and he makes the rules. I liked them but when they were removed from lock on with the 1.02 patch, I haven't used them since.

Why did you say " I bet you don't take it as cheating." ?

Guest DeathAngelBR

I'm the one who contacted Ice about one 169th member using the R-27AE. According to him and the rest of 169th, "if the server allows cheating, we will cheat". :roll:

I'm the one who contacted Ice about one 169th member using the R-27AE. According to him and the rest of 169th, "if the server allows cheating, we will cheat". :roll:

I have no connection to the 169th, and don't fly online, but if the server allows the use of the R-27AE then how is using it cheating?

CanadaDave

Hmmm you must be wrong, have you seen our moto PLAY HARD PLAY FAIR!

Obviously not the case when I warned Ice about it :roll:

Like I said if the server allows using the EA/AE will will use them also. When we were in that server we told the host 1,000 times that they took that missile out because they never used it. He said that they did use it and so would he. Ice said it's his server and he can do whatever he wants, we didn't stay in there long after that.

Yea, only a couple hours :lol:

No not even close a few minutes, why don't you hop into hyper lobby now and lets have a fly?