Printed Black Shark Manual Purchase, Europe

Wags

Printed Black Shark Manual Purchase, Europe  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Printed Black Shark Manual Purchase, Europe

• Yes
    • No

Make me an English version and I'm a very happy customer, even if it's the same as the pdf included with the sim! :beer: I can only really start to enjoy a sim with a full printed manual in front of me. I hate all that PDF'ing...

Lee

[sIGPIC]flash.gif[/sIGPIC]

:thumbup:...that's a definitive yes.

We're all rich here in the U.S. so we'll all pay a small fortune for it.

;)....ya right.

LOL..... god bless America :doh:

As for the topic; I just bought the game for 35,00 Euros (45,00 USD), and now I should pay around 50,00 USD just for a printed manual ? Well, seems that I was lucky to get the cover for free......

In my opinion a dedicated server, an up to date graphic engine or a working multicore support could be worth about 50 bucks again, but honestly I expected all this things already in the German release. :cry:

:bye_2:

I have already printed the english download manual.

Same here.

I would pay for the more comprehensive german version. (or the same extended one in english)

Yup, count me in on that, too (english version).

A possibility to print and add the changes of the patches would be nice too.

Some kind of binder with the potential to replace some sheets and the supply of changed sheets (.pdf) with the patches.

Good ideas.

I did not vote on the poll, as for me the answer is "it depends". Any information on how the printed manual differs from the included pdf?

I suppose a romanian translation is out of the question... so... yeah... we are too poor to comment... I'll buy it in english for 49.99$, if I will have the money at that time. It will set me back a bit for my SH CBR600 F4 but hey... :D

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Pre Ordered on Amazon. It's just too difficult to read a PDF whilst playing. All that alt-tab bollocks.

One concern is that, if the printed manual is a copy of the pdf, that it will have all the cryllic in there;

"ПУЛЬТЫ ЛЕВ. ПРАВ" Left/right panels brightness regulator. Increase [LCTRL + LALT + L] and decrease [LSHIFT + LCTRL + L].

...that kind of thing. This makes it even harder to find anmything as the UK version of the game ships with an english cockpit, not Russian. Here's hoping for a little more localisation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

The current flight manual is 385 pages and has 9 chapters.

The extended manual that will be available for purchase has around 554 pages and 15 chapters.

And it does include the things you mentioned.

Same for the europe version? 6 additinal capters *G* can you give a small preview of the additional chapters, e.g. chapter names? :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

360th TFW Falconeers

last video ->

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3, SAPPHIRE TOXIC HD 5850, Win7 64 Bit. X52, Track IR 4, Momo Racing.

ArmA1+2+3, DCS: World, K-50, A-10C, CA, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8FC1+2+3, FalconAF, FC1+FC2, IL2'46, rFactor.

Yeppers I will be buying it also :)

Thanks Mithandra

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

At that time i didn't vote, because i need more details about that print manuel.

Would it be only the manual we can found in the US version ?

What will be the language for Europe ? Do we have an english vesion for Europe, or a local version for some country ?

Does picture in the manual will be localised, or stay in russian ?

Here are what i would like, and waiting answer too :

Do we have some checklists, the (default) keyboard-layout, standard-procedures (flying, tactics, team-work, ..) and some references (e.g. weapons, cockpit-layout, etc).

When i'll have some answer, i will vote yes or no. I don't want saying yes for any product i don't have any details.

Need more infos :

At that time i didn't vote, because i need more details about that print manuel.

Would it be only the manual we can found in the US version ?

What will be the language for Europe ? Do we have an english vesion for Europe, or a local version for some country ?

Does picture in the manual will be localised, or stay in russian ?

Here are what i would like, and waiting answer too :

Do we have some checklists, the (default) keyboard-layout, standard-procedures (flying, tactics, team-work, ..) and some references (e.g. weapons, cockpit-layout, etc).

When i'll have some answer, i will vote yes or no. I don't want saying yes for any product i don't have any details.

I totally agree with these remarks,

I'm also from France

A paying (not free of charge) manual HAS TO BE almost perfect.

I disagree to PAY for the printed manual of the already included documentation. It is easy to have it printed at a professionnal print office. If this is only the print of the basic docs, I won't buy it.

if this particular manual include some other informations, May be it COULD be a MUST have :

Therefore, in the hypothectic "almost the most" exhaustive list I would like also add these ones :

- to have pictures of objects and vehicles encountered in the game (a la Jane's Longbow manual :thumbup:) as a sort of recognition manual (could be separate to use with all DCS series

- detailled exemples of use and a more advanced "how to" for the mission editor : not very "ergonomic" neither easy to do...

- All the informations that already are in the basics documentations inside the manuals included in the DVD version are NOT NEW ONES, and are secondaries ; BUT this opinion is NOT for people who dislike to ALT TAB between BS and PDF or who don't have many monitors, and who can't print the included PDF manual.

- Some key charts if any, by key map or by thema,

- airports charts, approach plates, nav and straategies explained...

- ... to continue

a french fan

I come also from France to say that without some (many) details i can't say if i would buy it.

But like Phoenix FR and simu12011 if it's only the game pdf i say no .

Merci

ps: vivement le A10 ! :pilotfly:

Gigabyte P35 DS3L - Core2Duo 8400 @ 3600mgz - 2*2 giga dual Corsair Dominator - Palit HD4870 512mo - WD Sata 2 Caviar 500 & 320 giga & Raptor 150 giga- XP pro et Windows 7 64

Hotas Warthog - Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - Track Ir 5

I believe several FAQ's has stated that the print manual will be extended. It will include what's in the pdfs, but it will also include more things that are not in the pdfs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I just want to say that I'm too lazy to have the PDF printed at a print-shop, and it would cost too much anyway. Therefore, I'd still happily pay for a nicely-bound version of the current manual delivered to my door. Extras would be nice, but lack of extras isn't a dealbreaker for me.

I would be interested, I would like if the pictures used where taken from the English cockpit.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

If the manual has all of the features of the F4 manual i'll definately buy it, personally I think a good printed manual makes a Sim (but £35 is very pricey).

$50 = £36 or €38 [just for reference to anyone too lazy to look]. Everyone's talking in dollars lol.

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

So, is the printed manual still in the "maybe" state or is it actually about to happen? I'm asking because I read somewhere that the printed manual in English was supposed to be out in January. I think I would buy it, if the price is reasonable. $50 would definitely be too much. You should keep it below $30.

I'd buy it in English, because my sim is in English as well. We don't wanna make it too hard, do we? ;)